Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Songs of Solace and Sorrow
Please log in to read the full chapter

- January / Beginning of February 2024 - 

The soft click of the front door closing echoed through Solar's apartment as she returned home from another long day at the RBW studio. The familiar scent of vanilla greeted her as she stepped inside, a welcome odor after being confined a lot of hours in the recording booth. With a tired sigh, she kicked off her shoes and made her way to the bathroom, eager to wash away her exhaustion.

The warm water cascaded over her skin, washing away the stress and tension that had built up throughout the day. Solar closed her eyes and let out a contented sigh, relishing the feeling of relaxation that washed over her. As she lathered up her hair, thoughts of her next album and her birthday fan meeting swirled through her mind. 

After rinsing off, Solar wrapped herself in a fluffy towel and went to her bedroom. She slipped into her favorite Sponge Bob pajamas and crawled beneath the covers, the soft embrace of her bed beckoning her to sleep.

As she settled into her bed, her phone in hand, she decided to indulge in one of her guilty pleasures: watching videos of herself and Mamamoo. With a flick of her thumb, she opened YouTube, scrolling through the endless stream of content.

A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she clicked on a compilation of their last group concert, MyCon Encore, her heart swelling with pride at the sight of her beloved Moomoos singing along to their favorite songs. The leader of Mamamoo felt a sense of connection with her fans, knowing that they were watching and supporting her from all corners of the world.

A few seconds later, Yongsun found herself drawn to a video from her Blossom concert in 2018. It was a performance of the Latino instrumental version of "Starry Night”. Watching herself and Hwasa dancing and singing on stage brought back a flood of memories from that unforgettable night. 

But just as she was beginning to drift off, something caught her eye—a video recommendation that piqued her interest. It was a cover of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," a song she had always loved. Intrigued by its popularity and wanting to understand the preferences of her loyal Moomoos, she tapped on it, eager to see what the comments section held.

Solar quickly realized that it wasn't her official clip from the show "Begin Again," but rather a fan-made compilation featuring her and Wheein. Despite the unexpected deviation from her original intention, Solar c

Please log in to read the full chapter