Feeling your touch, oh it's a rush, no one else has it

Oh, It's Just Like Magic

For visual reference, Magic Era Soogyu <3


 

Soobin flinches, snapping out of his deep thoughts when he hears a camera shutter near him. He turns his head to see Beomgyu standing there with a grin on his lips, greeting the older with a simple “Hi” as his long raven locks flutter slightly in the cold breeze. He’s bundled up in a green varsity jacket and red scarf as he approaches Soobin on the outside bench located at the side of their college campus. His skin glows in the sunlight, making him look even more like a character who walked straight out of an anime. 

 

“Hello Mr. Beomtastic,” Soobin greets back in a teasing tone. “How was your class?”

 

“Boring,” he simply says, flipping through the photos he’s taken on his camera. “You look pretty, as always,” he adds, chuckling at the little eye roll Soobin gives him after showing the candid photo he just took of him. Lately, Beomgyu’s been complimenting Soobin a lot, not that there’s anything wrong with it, but Soobin can’t help but wonder if he’s getting mixed signals? Why so suddenly? It wasn’t like this before…

 

But the more he thinks about it, the more confused he gets. You could say they’ve become rather close over the past two years, since meeting in their college math class, freshman year. Hard to believe it’s already been that long, but he supposes life hasn’t been so kind to either of them. There were times they were busy dealing with their own personal matters, like Beomgyu’s parents divorcing and Soobin’s mother getting sick, but they managed to help each other through those hard times. It makes sense that they’d grow a little closer after spending so much time together like they do, especially between classes.

 

What used to be a drag going to school is now something Soobin’s grown to like. he likes coming to campus and spending time with Mr. Beomtastic between breaks. With the younger being a photography major and Soobin a general studies major (focused in communications), they’ve shared a few common classes along the way. But as their college journey is coming to a close with graduation in the spring, Soobin starts to feel bittersweet about it. 

 

This whole experience has been pleasant for him, the complete opposite of his primary school days where it was lonely and miserable. And he has Beomgyu to thank for that. 

 

Beomgyu managed to keep things lively with his dumb puns and random trivia while they’d study in the library together. Soobin learned a lot from him, possibly more than the professors, and he always liked listening to him talk. His deep voice just has that soothing effect that helps keep Soobin calm during anxious times, and he’s easy on the eyes, too. He is quite handsome.

 

While they do keep in touch out of class, it was usually by phone or video call and not them meeting up face to face for various reasons, timing, schedules, laziness.... And with that said, he’s not so sure they’ll keep hanging out like they do on campus after they graduate.

 

Maybe they’re only meant to be college buddies and nothing more, and that thought . Soobin would be lying if he said he didn’t want more than that, but given his history of unrequited love, he’d rather avoid ruining things between them over dumb romantic feelings. It wasn’t his intent to fall for Beomgyu, but unfortunately, here he is. There’s not much he can do now, can he? So maybe he’s fine with settling for whatever they have now. Just good friends. 

 

Just friends. But it feels like we could be so much more?

 

“What’s the longing look for?” Beomgyu asks, once again snapping Soobin out of his conflicting thoughts. “Thinking about someone?” 

 

“Yeah,” he answers with a defeated sigh. It’s not like he’d guess it right anyways, they usually don’t talk about things like this, but he supposes there’s a first time for everything. 

 

“Who’s the lucky girl?” Beomgyu pries, trying to hide his jealousy. Soobin fortunately misses it when he struggles to make eye contact with the young photography major. 

 

Soobin debates with himself if he should just respond vaguely, but Beomgyu’s smart. He might figure it out.

 

“Actually,” Soobin says, lifting his head up and facing the other. He decides maybe he should just be honest with Beomgyu. If they’re going to part after graduating for various reasons, say his peace now so he doesn’t regret it later on. “It’s you.” 

 

“Me?” Beomgyu asks, looking dumbfounded. There’s a few seconds of silence before he speaks again. “Wait, wait… is it because I took your photo without asking? I’m sorry if I—”

 

“I’m not mad,” Soobin clarifies before Beomgyu can start profusely apologizing. “I actually don’t mind, as long as it’s you. Take as many photos as you want, Beomgyu, so that you’ll have something to look back on after we graduate.”

 

“You say that like you’re leaving?”

 

“Well, when college is over surely we’ll be going our separate ways, right?” he asks, trying to keep his cool and not get emotional, that would just be embarrassing now wouldn’t it?

 

“Just like that,” Beomgyu says softly, his expression dropping at the mere thought of never seeing Soobin again, the feeling is quite mutual and he can sense that, but he’s confused on why he’d even say that then? “You don’t want to keep in touch after?”

 

Soobin hates how he hesitates on answering him, as if he doesn’t, but in truth he wants to. He wants to in different ways. But it’s too difficult to say out loud, not when Beomgyu’s looking at him like he broke his heart into a million little pieces. 

 

Why are you looking at me like that? 

 

He can’t seem to break away from his gaze. 

 

Why can’t I just say it. Just say…

 

“I love you,” Soobin mutters out quietly, but unintentionally. 

 

“What was that?” Beomgyu asks, honestly surprised. “Did you say ‘I love you’ just now?”

 

There’s a long silence between them as Soobin looks like his brain is malfunctioning. Soobin.exe has stopped working. Before Beomgyu can say anything, he busts out into song, singing EXID’s song ‘I Love You’ to fix his mistake and lying about how that song has been stuck in his head for days. Beomgyus simply looks at Soobin suspiciously. 

 

“Is there something you want to say? Because you can tell me,” Beomgyu says calmly, his eyes staring right into his soul. “I know our relationship is kind of odd… we’re close but not that close, but I promise you can tell me anything because I care about you.” 

 

It’s true, they have a unique relationship, one where they feel like they could remember each other’s most darkest moment but at the same time not even know the other’s favorite color. Soobin would guess Beomgyu’s favorite color might be green, he wears it a lot, but then again Soobin’s favorite color include blue and yellow yet he barely wears them. But one thing Soobin does know is that Beomgyu hates chocolate mint ice cream.

 

“Can I ask you something, Beomgyu?” Soobin asks, seeming amused.

 

“Yeah, sure, anything,” Beomgyu says with a quick nod.

 

“Do you even know what we’re talking about?”

 

Soobin’s curious to see if they’re even on the same page because maybe then it would save him the agony of trying to put his feelings into words. 

 

“That you were about to confess that you’re in love with me,” Beomgyu says casually, stunning Soobin who thought he was as dense as a rock and needed it spelled out for him. Well then. “I suppose it took a detour when we started talking about graduation, whoops,” he adds with a cute laugh. Soobin continues to stare and that prompts Beomgyu to snap another candid photo of him. “I’ll call this one, the moment before I said I love you too,” he says, navigating to look at the photo. “Damn, you blinked.” He brings the camera back up to snap another photo, but Soobin stops him, gently pushing it down and leans over to press his lips against his. 

 

When their lips touch, it’s just like magic, filling them with warmth, the kind that dusts Beomgyu’s cheeks pink after parting. Soobin can’t help but laugh as Beomgyu sets his camera down before pulling Soobin into another kiss, like he just can’t get enough, kissing him eagerly. They’re just lucky not many students wander through here at this time of day. And as they kiss, the LED screen displays the photo Beomgyu snapped by accident at the very moment they shared their first kiss. A photo of the ground with their boots in frame, but it’s a photo they’ll hold onto forever after today. 


 

D-lVJYwh70OIdkj9O7xLtTdD8MSzGDK7MKnNsmhyCou6mKVY_aMuiiFihmhYItMm3K9VX3t5dWzD2K45qRO0ZH7XNbD3VCbFyYQbbDkLL2IIh5DfPcRpeD-nE2DiFvEDTwqNIUdkQyuoqIz8QRpqGN8

OH IT’S JUST LIKE MAGIC~

FEELING YOUR TOUCH, OH IT’S A RUSH

NO ONE ELSE HAS IT~

rjdd3C11du_u7srRF5u1VdAicdht6C3MOqvcyd59sZJrJQ4CMyGa8cB-pk1i0LX7WTcxhVHdd2B7gs55WIVjD5RGkBZFr-7gN3S75JAGw3glD5OvvewH7_TCd5tJ2H5lgU_wFM90qN5uRkEm9IOUh98

Your turn! Let’s hear it~