Hanging to the end

Far away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora: Here unnie. Take something to drink. You have been working too hard for a long time without eating or drinking. You should take a break before you collapse.

I walked over to Halo unnie and handed her the water bottle which she took gratefully. I watched her as she almost drank the whole bottle and gave it back to me.

Halo: I can’t take a break right now. This might be our final chance to get a place in the finals. To be honest, I’m not that confident that we would get another elimination battle for us to win.

Bora: But that still doesn’t mean that you should jeopardize your health like this! Don’t you remember what happened to me the last time?

I looked at Halo unnie with a raised eyebrow as she stopped mid in a dance movement. After that day we showcased our dance for the kpop deathmatch mission, I fell ill and had to be taken to a hospital where I stayed for the night. I know how bad it feels to exhaust yourself like this and I don’t want any of it to happen to any of the girls so if I can’t prevent it, I will. Halo unnie stopped and nodded in agreement before making her way to the other girls and sitting down to rest with them. Mini unnie walked over to me and clapped her hands.

Mini: How in the world did you do that? I have been trying to get her to rest for hours now and she wouldn’t even listen to me or any of the other girls. I have known her for a long time and tried every of her weaknesses but here you come, just recently joining our group a few months ago and bulldozing right through and making her listen to you. No offense though.

Bora: None was taken. And to be honest, we both know that Halo unnie has gotten a little stubborn lately since she is worried about this round, which is understandable. In every round, we have always been on the verge of being eliminated and were only saved by a strand of hair whenever we survived the elimination battle. But this time, two groups are going to be eliminated, and one without the chance of even going to the elimination battle, so I understand that she is worried but she still needs some rest. And to answer your question: I made her think about what happened to me both during and after the kpop deathmatch mission.

Mini: That is a low blow… but a good one. Well, what happened to you at that time wasn’t anything good and neither do I or the other girls want it to happen to you again but if it is what is needed to make Halo rest, that will have to do.

Mini unnie chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we made our way to enjoy the rest of our break with the rest. Mini unnie was right. It was a low blow but it needed to come.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeni: I feel like a peacock wearing these things…

Yeni unnie whined while she looked at herself in the mirrors while wearing the gloves that we had created for our choreography to Bebe’s team song. Baby Sleek unnie chuckled and shook her head while gluing more feathers to her glove.

Baby Sleek: I agree with you that we look ridiculous in those gloves but it will make our choreography look pretty and appeal to the audience.

Chocol: Right now we just have to throw our dignity away and deal with it. At least it is something that only we can pull off.

Bora: I think we look pretty with these!

I pulled the gloves on and posed a few times in the mirror before looking at the other girls with a wide smile. They just sighed and shook their heads at me.

Haechi: They only look good on you since you are pretty, Bora. We only barely manage to pull these off because we are average-looking.

The girls agreed with Haechi unnie’s words, making me look at them in disbelief. I placed my hands on my hips and shook my head lightly at them.

Bora: That is not true at all! You are all very pretty and you all look very pretty and cool with these on. Don’t think of yourself as anything else less than that.

Wolflo expects Bora: Yes, ma’am.

Halo: Alright, those were the last feathers so now we only have to wait for them to fully dry so they can stay on and we can try to practice with them to see how it turns out.

Mini: What are we going to do in the meantime?

Bora: I have to go to the toilet but I will see if I can get any hints about Bebe’s performance.

I whispered the last part so only the girls could hear in case someone was listening. The girls chuckled lightly and brushed me off while I went to the toilet to do my business. Luckily I met Tatter there.

Bora: Well nice to meet you here! How are you guys doing?

Tatter: Well nice to meet you too! Well without saying too much, everything is going well as normal. It won't take a long time before we have aced every detail. How about you guys? Everything well?

Bora: Everything is going smoothly as planned here as well. Even better than what I had expected. To say the least, our performance will exceed all of your expectations.

Tatter: Is that so? Well, then I'm excited for our battle! May the best crew win then!

Tatter patted me on my shoulder before she left. I quickly returned to the girls and told them about everything.

Halo: Well, it is kind of expected from Bebe but on the other hand with the noises that we heard that day, I bet they will come up with something cringe.

Baby Sleek: Seems like it is going to be an easier win for us this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Staff: Okay, Wolflo. It’s your turn for the rehearsal!

We made our way to the stage and began our rehearsal as usual. Nothing happened on the stage, everything went smoothly as planned. It was only when we got off stage that problems emerged.

Chocol: We have to make sure that we include the audience with our performance somehow.

Yeni: Halo… are you okay?

We all turned to look at Halo unnie, who was kind of looking a little pale. Suddenly she collapsed on the floor making all of us.

Chocol: Halo?! Halo?! Are you okay?!

We all tried to help her up and voiced our concerns but it seemed like she was completely out of it. Not only that but it seemed like s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter