Making a New Friend ... Kind Of

The Cool Guy or The Player?

 

Mi Cha woke up 6 in the morning to a dead and quiet house. She wasn’t surprised, even before the boys would sleep like the dead. Nothing could wake them up, unless Mi Cha absolutely tried. She didn’t do anything though, in fact she went straight out and started making them breakfast. Back in her boarding school, the students had to make their own food in their dorm which had a kitchen. It became a routine for her.

When she started cooking them, one by one the guys slowly started to wake up to the amazing aroma that wandered the house. JR was the first one to get up. When he opened his bedroom door, the aroma was even stronger and his stomach growled.

I wonder whose cooking. JR thought as he climbed down the stairs. He entered the kitchen and was greeted by the sight of his dongsaeng cooking.

“Minnie?” JR called out. “Are you really cooking?”

Mi Cha blinked and turned to see JR standing there. Her heart started picking up speed, but she tried her best to put a nonchalant appearance. “Ne, wae?”

“You never ever cooked before …”

Mi Cha thought about it and knew he was right. Before she went to her boarding school, she never tried to make anything, not even a sandwich because she somehow always messed it up. Nobody could really trust her to do any type of cooking.

“That’s right, but I do now.” Mi Cha smiled and continued with her work.

JR was still hesitant. Before, when he was sick and she made soup for him to get better, he went in the opposite direction.

“What’s that amazing smell?” Baekho yelled, bouncing into the kitchen, but he froze when he saw Mi Cha. “Ah … You’re cooking?”

Mi Cha pouted. “What’s with that look? You don’t trust my cooking.”

Baekho scratched the back of his head and chuckled nervously. “Ani, I didn’t say anything. Who said that?”

Mi Cha rolled her eyes and turned off the fire. She then grabbed out 6 bowls and made a serving for each, before placing it on the table. By the time she was finished, the rest of the boys had gathered into the kitchen, following the nice aroma of breakfast. But, just like JR and Baekho, they were hesitant about eating it.

“Everybody eat up!” Mi Cha smiled.

Minhyun, the last one to get up, looked at his bowl and then the other food that Mi Cha placed on the counter. “Um, what is this?”

“This is fried rice! There are carrots, green onions and fish with spices in them. I also made some egg if you guys wanted to eat it.”

They all had to admit that it looked good, but did it taste good? They had no idea and nobody wanted to be the first to try. Ren, though, trusts his young sister and decided to go for it.

“Kamsahamnida, sister.” Ren lifted his bowl up to her and ate a bite with his chopstick. The others stared at him, waiting for his reaction. He didn’t say or do anything at first, but then the light slowly came into his eyes and a smile grew on his face. “Wow, this is so good! This is amazing!”

Mi Cha smiled happily at him and the members watched Ren as he downed the food in one go along with the eggs. They all looked at each other and shrugged. Baekho ate the next bite first and he reacted the same way as Ren. “Oh. My. God. Your cooking has gotten a lot better than before! I think I’ve just fallen more in love with you.”

The other members all began to eat theirs next and had the same feeling. Minhyun and Aron smiled widely and gave their compliments before downing it. JR just nodded his head in approval and ate one bite after the other.

After they all finished, Mi Cha did the dishes and straightened up the kitchen. She walked into the living room after she was finished and found the boys all watching TV. Baekho saw her first and opened up his arms wide. “Minnie!”

Mi Cha ignored him and walked to sit next to Aron on the couch. Aron smirked at Baekho before placing an arm around her. Baekho pouted. “Hey! You were supposed to come to me. Not to the conceited jerk over there.”

Mi Cha stuck her tongue out. “Aron-oppa is better. He doesn’t smother me like you do.”

“Ha, I think it’s obvious that she prefers me over you anytime.” Aron chuckled. Baekho crossed his arms and sat back, grumpily before he realized something.

“Oh yeah, I just saw Block B the other day near our neighborhood.”

Minhyun groaned. “What’s up with them? Didn’t we tell them not to come even a mile within our neighborhood?”

“They’re Block B, they just love causing trouble.” JR said. “But do you know what they were doing?”

Baekho shrugged. “Not really, but I think they’re trying to tempt us into another fight with them.”

As this continued on, all Mi Cha could do was just listen as it went back and forth. She confused as to who this Block B people were.

“Um, who are you guys talking about?” Mi Cha asked.

“Oh yeah, you’ve never heard of them.” Ren said. “Well, Block B is basically our rival who lives in the next neighborhood.”

“They’re also our rival in school.” Minhyun added. “Not to also mention that the leader has such horrible taste in hairstyles.”

“You are not to go around them ever!” Ren said. “You can’t trust any of them and they will only bring trouble to you. If they try to mess with you, then just call us. We’ll be there in a second.”

Mi Cha blinked. “What exactly did these guys do to you?”

“Well first of all, they came stomping in our neighborhood and started picking fights with the people.” Aron informed. “Then they started acting like they were the kings, so of course we couldn’t let them get away with it.”

“Then there’s school,” Baekho said, “They started acting like they were boss. They’re cocky and think they’re the best, so we had to prove them wrong. Ever since we met each other, we’ve became rivals.”

Mi Cha shook her head at the immatureness of these boys. Of course if there’s a threat to their reputation or their ego, they just have to start picking fights.

“Their names are-” JR started but he was interrupted when Mi Cha glanced at the clock. “Ah, sorry. I have to go register myself for school. I’ll be back!”

Mi Cha ran up to her room and grabbed her stuff before rushing out the door, not even saying bye to them. JR felt wary, for some reason but he just shrugged it off and they all continued to watch TV.

Mi Cha ran all the way to her new school and straight up to the office. As soon as she was registered she walked out. Although, she was lost. She remembered how to get to this place from her house, but she couldn’t remember how to get back.

“Ah crap. I knew I should’ve asked Ren for a map before I left.” Mi Cha pouted and started walking aimlessly. But if anything, she thought she was going the opposite direction of her house. “Where is the house?”

“What house?” A voice popped up behind her and she turned to see a really cute red headed guy. And she meant really cute. “Are you lost?”

Mi Cha bit lip, nervously, and nodded, feeling stupid. “Ne, I am. I can’t seem to find my house.”

The red head smiled. “I see, I’ll help you. By the way, you can call me U-Kwon.”

Mi Cha bowed and smiled. “Thank you, and my name is Mi Cha. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you to, now where do you live?” U-kwon asked.

Mi Cha showed him her registration and he saw the address. “You’re new to this school?” Mi Cha nodded. “I go to this school too! Maybe we’ll see each other. Anyway, you live in this neighborhood, huh?”

“Huh?” Mi Cha tilted her head in confusion.

U-Kwon blinked and laughed. “Ah nothing. Anyway, I know where you live, follow me.”

Mi Cha nodded, following this complete stranger. She did feel a little hesitant but he seemed to be going the right … hopefully. Along they way, they started talking about each other and about the school. Mi Cha decided that he seemed like a decent guy … for someone so hot. She didn’t feel like he was hiding anything.

“There are some people to watch out for.” U-Kwon said. “Remember not to trust everyone.”

“What makes you say that?” Mi Cha asked.

U-Kwon shrugged and smiled at her. Her heart gave a deep thud and her cheek turned a little red, but she tried her best to calm herself down.

“I’m just saying. Don’t trust everybody. Anyway, here we are.” U-Kwon said. “I’ll see you at school next week.”

Mi Cha smiled at him and bowed. “Kamsahamnida, U-Kwon.”

“Ah, it’s alright. But to pay me back, I want us to hang out one day, Arasso?” U-Kwon winked and walked away.

Mi Cha bit her lip as she watched his figure retreating. Already, she met a hot guy and he seems to give her the same feelings as JR. Man, she must be desperate. But she was happy that she made one friend, although she’ll regret it later.