# 5 (Wizard)

Innkeeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Each time, Donghae comes through the front door. He knocks using the silver knocker. He leaves through the other door. The one near the shoe shop. Exiting the back of it.

It's interesting. Donghae knows where it exits. He can never find it. Can never even remember to glance back. Every time he leaves.

It only occurs to him at strange times. Like... when he's brushing his teeth. When he's about to fall asleep. When he's in the middle of a task. All the times where he thinks:

Oh, I have to remember that when...

I have to ask...

I have to mention that to...

And then it fizzles out. He can't even remember the thought.

 

 

----

 

"Oh, welcome! Come on in!"

This is Lily again. She's smiling widely. Donghae thanks her. Steps in. Lily's thrown a quick look. Behind herself. Her smile is back instantly.

"This way, sir..."

Donghae knows where to go. It's just... he likes to look. It's an interesting place. Sometimes, he hears faint noises. Voices. Arguments. Laughter. Donghae moves slowly. Reluctantly. His eyes sweep the counter. There's always something faintly glowing. Beneath it. Behind it. Maybe they're screens.

The bunnies always seem to be nearby. Or on the counter...

Like this one. It's different than the ones he's seen. This one is curled up. A round ball. Its eyes look half closed.

"Ah, that's another bunny," Lily says. Quieter. "Our cutest one, I'd say..."

Lily's held an arm out. To direct him. To the small dining room. Donghae turns fully though. To the bunny. It's white. Mostly. Black ears. A faint gray spot under one eye.

It's adorable. But it's not moving.

"He's trying to sleep," Lily says. "Don't worry, he's fine."

Donghae turns now. Nods. "What's its name?"

"Oh, that's... that's... um..." Lily has paused. Her eyes are on the rabbit. Small frown's on her face. "Va... nilla. Bean. Haha. Yes, Vanilla Bean. There's so many, I get them confused. Anyways, please find a table here -- I'll be with you in a minute."

She waits. For him to sit. Pick up a menu. Then she rushes off. Donghae hears a door closing. He glances down at the menu. But thinks. It's a few minutes past twelve. He'd hoped maybe Hyukjae would be here. Perhaps he's busy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter