THREE

PLEASE DON'T BE INLOVE (with someone else)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

mina has a clear picture in her head of how she's going to spend her friday night; in her room, perfectly tucked in bed and peacefully sleeping.

no, she's not going to the party park sooyoung is throwing even when she got invited by the host herself. she doubts she'll even have a bit of energy left in her body for such event after another hard training that she's sure will end up late again. she'll probably just send a text to the girl.

it's not like it would matter if she shows up or not anyway.

and never, not even once, did it cross her mind when she woke up this morning that she'll be spending it inside her room wondering instead of whether she'll tell nayeon that the gifts and some of the letters - just some because she's not stupid to assume that she's the only one who has been slipping notes inside the girl's locker. she is im nayeon after all - were from her or not. 

she thought her day is just going to be the same as it has been the past few weeks. 

she thought she's going to spend most of her time waiting. 

she will never admit it to jihyo and she might have acted like she hated the idea before but she did wait for her best friend to tell her that nayeon has taken up her offer and now wants to meet the person jihyo has mentioned whose gonna help her build her lego set. 

and waiting is torture. really. 

it seems like jihyo and nayeon has already forgotten about it. it has been three weeks. three whole weeks and jihyo hasn't brought it up again. 

still, mina waits.

but that's not the point. so going back, mina really thought it's going to be just one of those days but boy, she's never been more wrong. 

they were already stretching in the field when their coach got a call from home. there has been an emergency and he has to leave, putting seulgi in charge. it took a while but their captain gave in to chaeyoung and dahyun's pout in the end and training was canceled. 

it was one of those very rare moments that they get to go home earlier than all the other athletes and jihyo is surely making the best out of it as she lazily walks in the halls, ignoring mina's pleas for her to hurry up.

sure, mina can just leave her and let her wait until nayeon's done with her own practice to make a point but that would be too cruel. and mina is anything but cruel. 

"jihyo, come on!" 

"why are you in such a hurry? it's not like you have plans tonight!" 

"oh, i do."

"what, sleep?" 

"yes, now hurry up!" 

lisa - who has been walking ahead of them, with her head tilted up - chuckles before raising her right hand like she's in one of her classes. 

"hey, you two, quick question."

"yeah?" jihyo nods. 

"do you think the president, or the vice, or anyone in sc position is allowed to view the school's cctv footage?" 

mina freezes. her gym bag feels heavy in her shoulder and she's suddenly aware of the cameras above their head. 

"what?" 

"what?" lisa stares at her then she shrugs.

"oh. you know, sc officers privilege or something?" 

sc privilege… there's no way, right? 

right? 

mina can already feel the panic rising inside her chest, she looks at jihyo but before she can ask any question, lisa raises her hand again. and this time, it's to stop them from talking. 

"do you hear that?" she asks. 

"hear what?" 

"voices."

but it seems like she doesn't really need an answer to any of her questions when she grabs mina and jihyo and starts dragging them to where she thinks the voices are from. 

"lisa, what are you doing?" mina tries pulling her hand off of the girls grip. 

"we're just going to check what's going on in there. someone could be needing help."

"or we're about to eavesdrop to some private conversations that we have no business with, you mean." jihyo interjects. 

"what, like someone confessing?" 

"worse, but that too."

it's not until they turn on the right wing that mina realized where exactly they are heading and it was already a little too late to retrace their steps when three, no, four - when jeon jungkook turns his head to look at them - pairs of eyes shoot in their direction, instantly freezing them on their spot.

it wasn't a confession that they walked in to but a confrontation.

a confrontation that they oh so rudely interrupted. and mina was never rude. in any other situations, she would've already apologized the very moment she realized what is happening.

but she's a loss for words - like always - when she meets nayeon's eyes. 

nayeon's gaze is intense and probing. mina doesn't know what nayeon is searching in her eyes and she fears of what the older girl might see, yet she finds herself unable to look away. 

that is until sana speaks. 

"what's that in your hand, kookie?" 

mina's breath hitch when she looks at what the guy is holding. she turns to jihyo and it's clear in her best friend's face that she too, recognize what it is. 

"okay… should we take our leave now? you were right, this is definitely a conversation we have no business with." lisa whispers beside her but neither she nor jihyo said anything. 

"is that…"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter