Fin

Jump Then Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

 

Would it sound crazy if I say that my day would never be complete without hearing your voice the moment I wake up? I have been too accustomed to hearing your cute husky voice whenever we talk over the phone first thing in the morning. I don't think I'll ever be able to go through a day without receiving a "good morning" call from you.

 

What have you done to me, Winter Kim?

 

~

 

It’s 6 in the morning on a school day. I have been lying on my bed for minutes, staring at the ceiling, waiting — hoping — for my phone to ring, and when it did, I didn’t waste a single second and answered the phone immediately. 

 

“Hello?” I said once I answered her call. I heard her yawning on the other line. Adorable. 

 

“Hey, lovely. Good morning to you.” I finally heard the one I was looking forward to every waking morning, the sound of my suitor’s raspy morning voice. “I’m gonna pick you up in an hour. Are you good with that?”

 

“Sure. I’ll be ready by then. Drive safe, Win.”

 

“You know I always do. I’ll see you later?”

 

“I’ll see you later. Bye bye.” I immediately hung up after she said her goodbyes so that I could start getting ready for school. I can’t help but smile, feeling content that I heard her voice the moment I woke up.

 

•~•~•

 

II.

 

I like how you make me feel at ease whenever we talk, or how much your laughter makes me feel giddy in some type of way. You always seemed amused at the most mundane thing that I do, laughing or chuckling at anything random that I say, and that became the sound I love hearing the most in the entire world. No song could ever compare to the sound of your laughter. 

 

Your presence brings comfort in me. I love talking to you about anything because I know you're always there listening, and I thank whoever is above us that they gave you to me.

 

~

 

It was days  before the exams and I was planning to study when you insisted that we do a video call, even offering to help me review. Unable to resist her persistent — but adorable — self, I eventually gave in to her request. 

 

“Beautiful.” I just answered her call, and that’s the first thing I heard from her. I suddenly felt flustered, not expecting her to say something like this, so I tried to hide my face. She must’ve sensed that I was feeling ashamed because I heard her chuckle. I looked at my phone screen and I saw her wearing a huge grin. 

 

“You are beautiful, Karina. Don’t cover your face.” 

 

“You caught me off guard, you . I was just surprised.” I rolled my eyes at her, which made her chuckle once again. 

 

“What a cutie. Let’s start?” she suggested. I just nodded along, getting all the things that I need. 

 

We spent the first hour of our call studying, and by studying, I mean me doing my readings while she just stared at me the entire time that I had to scold her countless times just so she could review our lessons too. . 

 

The succeeding hours we spent occasionally studying, and mostly talking about how our day went, or us — me — ranting about how difficult school is or how life is too cruel sometimes. She stays there in silence, listening, laughing at my silly antics, sharing her own sentiments on matters, and I couldn’t be more thankful for that. 

 

•~•~•

 

III.

 

You are attractive, that I am sure of. Since the first time I laid my eyes on you, I have always found you handsomely pretty. I even had a crush on you at some point, but I just chose to ignore it because I always thought you were just a pretty face. 

 

But you approached me that one rainy day at school, which left me in a state of shock because that was the first time you talked to me about anything other than school. What surprised me more was your sudden confession — which I didn’t expect ‘cause the only time we interacted was that one time we were together in a group project. That day, you expressed your desire to pursue me. That day, I never knew my life will change for the better. 

 

In all those months that we spent together, I was proven wrong, because there's more to you than just your looks. You — your entire being - are one hell of an attractive woman. Your face, your personality, your talents, your brain, your mindset; everything about you is just too alluring, magnetic, charning. And sometimes, you leave me in a state of daze because of how beautiful you are as an individual. And I'm so lucky that I'll get to call you mine soon. Please, wait for me. I'm almost there.

 

~

 

It was the last day of our exams, and the moment we finished, she asked me out on a nature walk date to ‘unwind after that grueling experience’, as she said. 

 

“I wanted to take you out on an ice cream date, knowing that it helps you feel better after exams, but the weather was so nice today so I opted for a walk instead. We can have ice cream later though. You okay with that?” I can see moving, but I can’t make out whatever it is that she was talking about because she’s there, looking so pristine, so relaxed, so beautiful. 

 

Winter, in all her glory, was walking with her hands in her pockets, looking at the sky above with a small smile on her face, occasionally closing her eyes while feeling the breeze that was blowing into us from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter