Precious; My Stilled Heart Beats For You (Part 1)

Precious; My Stilled Heart Beats For You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol knew, from the first time he had met Myungsoo that they were meant to be by each other’s side till death do them part. He felt like he heard a clicking sound when they held hands, like they were meant to be together from then on. It was hard to tell whether Myungsoo felt the same way, but Sungyeol was contented that they were both together anyway.


Myungsoo was slightly shorter than him, but he looked flawless like diamond. His eyes were beautiful and mysterious, suitable for a gorgeous person – thing like him, and Sungyeol wondered if he could ever find anyone more good looking, more breathtaking than the said man.


“This is your partner, L. You are to report his progress weekly.” Sunggyu, the leader of the team had informed him while ticking something on the clipboard, “He is water resistant, unlike the past junks you have received. Hoya managed to tweak his components… One thing though, there seems to be something wrong with the wire that sparks his emotion. He has been blank since he was activated, but seemingly able to respond to conversation and talk. Just try to interact with him and see how it goes.”


Sungyeol nodded, before taking Myungsoo’s hand and pulling him away, towards his own bunk. He prayed that Myungsoo would last long unlike Sungjong, the previous robot whom he received as his companion. Apparently Sungjong was pretty fragile, he was damaged beyond repair after falling down three flights of stairs one day (how he managed to fall was beyond him, since the robots were made to have ability to balance perfectly).


Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo curiously as they both entered the former’s bunk.


“My name is Lee Sungyeol.” The human introduced himself; “I am your master from now on. Do you understand?”


“Yes, Master.” Myungsoo replied, monotone. Sungyeol’s heart tingled at the voice.


“This is my room. No matter where you wonder off to, you are to return here before 10pm everyday. You are not to go out without my permission.”


“Yes, Master.”


“Do you really understand me, or are you only capable of answering that?” Sungyeol raised his eyebrow.


“I perfectly understand you, Master.” Myungsoo answered again, almost automatically.


“And don’t call me master. I already said I am Sungyeol.” Sungyeol pouted.


Myungsoo stared at him for a moment before nodding. “Ok, Sungyeol.”


“Great.” Sungyeol beamed. “And I am not going to call you by your robotic, boring name. Pssh, L? That’s so lame. From now onwards your name is Kim Myungsoo, and you are just as human as me, arasso? You are my best friend, whether you like it or not.”


Sungyeol hugged Myungsoo then; and the robot’s eyes widened at a foreign feeling he was experiencing. He was unable to express it, but he closed his eyes anyway, enjoying the warmth this human provided to him. In his metallic, non-beating heart, he recognized that Sungyeol was special.

 

 

*

 

 

Sungyeol dragged Myungsoo everywhere he goes. From going to classes (Sungyeol begged Sunggyu to enroll Myungsoo to the academy, implying that it was for research and progress report purposes), cafeteria, or even outside to the carnivals and parks, Sungyeol shared with Myungsoo how the outside world looks like. Myungsoo was amazed at everything he saw (although Sungyeol wouldn’t know, since all he could see was Myungsoo’s icy look) and noted how Sungyeol seemed brighter than usual whenever they entered this particular café at the corner of the road a block away from the academy. Myungsoo learnt that there was a potion called coffee that keeps humans awake longer, and it tasted both bitter and sweet. He didn’t fancy the taste, but seeing how Sungyeol seemed to enjoy it, Myungsoo drank it to keep Sungyeol company anyway.


They studied together when exams were nearing (or more like Sungyeol studying his brain off while Myungsoo input everything he reads into his brain; he was programmed with photographic memory) and Sungyeol would always give up halfway, dragging Myungsoo to get out of the bunk and visit the park for “…refreshment, we can never study if our brain is clouded with stress!” Sungyeol claimed as he laughed openly.


Myungsoo, as a smart robot as he is, could not understand just one thing about himself. There was this warm feeling that grows deeper every moment he spent with his master, and he noticed how he pays attention to every single word and movement Sungyeol produced. He thought it was how he was programm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter