The Morning After Pt. 2

I Won't Take You For Granted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

lewsers club (4)

 

Hot girl Jen

uno rematch es

my place asap

 

Ryuuu

you are one sore loser

 

Hot girl Jen

oh stfu

u only won cus u shuffled the cards urself

 

Doongi’s

why does it gotta be ur place

i just got home

and it takes me half an hour to get there

 

Hot girl Jen

cus its the tidiest one here???

i live alone basically so

 

Ryuuu

when is minjeong coming home

 

Hot girl Jen

who knows

she couldve eloped with her girl for all i know

 

Winter chick

i can read ur texts u know

and im coming home today

im omw rn

i need to talk w u guys

 

Doongi’s

oohhh whats it abt

 

Hot girl Jen

is it abt ur hot plower unnie

OR IS IT ABT UR EXXX????

word on the streets hes coming for new years

which is UR BIRTHDAY

 

Ryuuu

why is he always around ffs

like

move on

why is he coming anyway his family is where he is rn

 

Doongi’s

didnt he say that minjeong is his family too one time

 

Ryuuu

puke

 

Winter chick

hahaha omg i miss ur dramatic asses

ill explain later just come over first

 

Hot girl Jen

yesssss full team get together esss

lets ing go

 

Doongi’s

its too farrrrrr

 

Ryuuu

i’ll pick u up in 10

 

Doongi’s

oh God bless

 

 

On her way home, Minjeong finds her mind wandering a lot. How her flat and Yunjin have been (she’s been sleeping so much at Jimin’s, she is starting to forget what her flat even looks like), how she needs to pack to go home for her birthday, how she needs to tell her friends that Jaeyun’s coming back home for New Year’s. 

 

How she worries for Jimin. She feels like she’s going to explode into pieces like confetti. All this unshed tears and untold feelings for her. She should’ve said something. Minjeong had been so caught up with the whirlwind of emotions from yesterday that she has not opened her phone even once. And now that she gets the chance while sitting in a packed subway, she tells her friends to come over for a good ol’ girls’ talk.

 

Truth be told, her friends know all about her situationship with Jimin. A fact drunkenly spilled by Ryujin a couple months ago at Yunjin's birthday bash. They were so intoxicated with vodka and whiskey that their tongues got so loose with no filter.

 

(It’s a little past 12 AM, and all four girls were still so restless. Yunjin just turned 22, hence the same Taylor Swift song on loop in the background for hours now, and her other three friends threw a bash exclusively for the ‘lewser’s club’, the official name Yunjin came up with years ago for their mini gang. They spent hours drinking, playing board games, drinking, countlessly asking scandalous truths and doing silly dares, drinking, gossipping, and did she already mention drinking? Minjeong never smiled so wide, never laughed so hard and effortlessly. Her home is three different people, her besties for life as Yizhuo would like to say it.

 

And one other, a certain woman who’s been working a lot of overtime since it’s exam season. But that truth she keeps close to her heart only for her to know and feel. She just wanna keep Jimin all to herself for now.

 

They were in the middle of another round of Truth or Dare, the truths too inappropriate and the dares too outrageous for the faint hearted. In this round, they have witnessed Yunjin drunk calling her sister’s ex–how they got his number is beyond common sense–, Yizhuo ranking her Tinder dates based on who is best in bed–Aeri won by a landslide–, Ryujin doing a cartwheel in front of a passing neighbor, and now it was Minjeong’s turn.

 

Since Ryujin was the moderator of the round, she chose Truth. She fell into Ryujin’s trap of daredevil dares too many times, she’d pass this time. Who knows what’ll happen if she was to be told to do gymnastics or some in front of strangers after drinking bottles after bottles of liquor. What a hell of a hangover all four of them are gonna get the next day.

 

But Ryujin never fails to deliver, that goddamn devilish smirk of hers signals her friends to stay aware. Her brain thinks in a way that is so sly and cunning that even answering a truth from Ryujin felt like a dare. The question Ryujin was about to ask was as dangerous as it gets.

 

“Who’s the better kisser, Jaeyun or Jimin?” Ryujin slurred, lips dangerously glued to the mouth of a peach Soju bottle. Minjeong was taken aback so much, her body physically tumbled over from her initial cross legged position on the floor. 

 

How is that possible? The cat out of the bag got her tongue. She and Jimin never talked to anyone, even going as far as not talking or interacting with one another when they’re in the same vicinity as their friends. Are her friends psychics? That was the only possible explanation, drunk Minjeong thought in panic.

 

Whilst her friends just burst into laughter seeing Minjeong so dumbfounded, the latter asked a myriad of questions, “What??? You guys knew all this time??? When? Why didn’t you say anything? How did you–,”

 

“Calm down, lover girl,” Yizhuo swigged her (beer? sherry? no one knows at this point) liquor- filled red cup at Minjeong.

 

“Of course we know your little escapades with her!” Yunjin teased with a wag of a finger, “I live with you, girl, and you never come home.”

 

“And please, do you really expect us to believe that lame tutoring excuse?” Ryujin added, as if adding more salt to the abruptly opened wound. Except there’s no wound here, just a flimsy, poor-kept secret that turned out to be no secret at all.

 

Minjeong kept mute, she was conflicted. Yizhuo took this as a cue to continue, “we saw you guys getting all touchy feely at that party we went to in the summer of first year.”

 

As if they were writing chain letters, Yunjin continued after Yizhuo fittingly, “we thought it was a one time thing, but ever since that you came home less.”

“And probably came undone more than that,” Ryujin whispered loudly, resulting in a catapulted cushion straight at her face.

 

Minjeong’s features turned beet red, even more after Ryujin’s poking remark, as her hands recoiled to cover her warm face. She didn’t know whether she’d feel grateful that she dodged the possibility of her clueless friends encountering her and Jimin one day or mortified by the fact that she was too obvious this whole time. What if anyone else knew? What if Jimin’s friends caught up too?

 

Yizhuo seemed to notice that Minjeong kept silent after the teasing, so she tried to ask, “why are you so embarrassed, Min?”

 

“Isn’t it just ?” Ryujin chimed in, suddenly so curious why such innocent teasing turned out to be so embarrassing for Minjeong, as if it meant more than just casual sneaking around.

 

Because to Minjeong, it did mean more than just that.

 

“Well, that’s what we initially agreed on,” Minjeong reasoned, cheeks heating up at the memory of when they had the conversation of their… situation’s terms and agreement. She remembered so vividly how she blabbered on and on about keeping them as a secret even to their best friends, but her chatter got halted by a moan at the sight of Jimin ripping her with her bare teeth–, okay, she should stop now.

 

Yizhuo sensed a conjunction coming up, “But?”

 

Minjeong would never say it out loud, but she got it real bad with Yu Jimin. Who doesn’t? Jimin is a walking green flag, she speaks all five love languages fluently even without realizing. Minjeong knew Jimin all the way from middle school, she witnessed first hand how she treats the people around her. Everybody close to Jimin knows that she is so full of love and care, always so thoughtful and kind hearted. 

 

She is probably the most fit engineering student in their campus other than Aeri, and the way that she is effortlessly dorky and smart and so passionate about dinosaurs and math is just so attractive and hot. It’s weirdly contrasting, and is likely to be the strangest turn on ever, but Minjeong is wholeheartedly enticed. She definitely got it bad.

 

“You like her, don’t you?” Yunjin asked, albeit sincerely, it came out like a tease. Minjeong swore her face turned as red as Yizhuo’s smeared lipstick and as hot as the sun.

“Damn, our little Minjeongie is in love!” Ryujin whooped loudly, making weird noises from that only God knows how.

 

Minjeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter