Confusing

Our Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Winter’s POV

 

It’s already morning and I’m still lying on my bed, I stare at the soft glow of my phone screen in the dimly lit room. Thinking of what Karina had said about us dating created a lot of questions in my mind. 

“Me and Karina?”

“What? Going out?”

“Why…?”

Flashback

“Really? HAHAHHAHA, let’s fetch our bag and go home” we both hear as our classmates approach the room 

“I guess it’s time to go home,” Karina said while releasing my hand.

“Hey, Winter I’ll see you soon, okay?” she said with her eyes smile, leaving me still standing and staring at her going out to the room with our classmates

End of flashback



 

After that……

I didn't see her again, she was absent until the end of the first semester. It's already our semestral break.

“I’ll see you soon.” but how soon did she mean by that? 

And what was that about going out?

What did Karina mean by that?

I really don’t understand her.

Now that I think about it, she ended up keeping the Novel, and I have no idea how to contact her. 

“Haa, what a pain…” 




 

As I went down the stairs, the familiar scent of simmering soup wafted from the kitchen, enticing my senses. I entered our kitchen to get some water, my mom turned from the stove with a smile, and I was also greeted by the bark of our dog.

"Winter, could you do me a favor?" she asked with her eyes smiling which reminded me of Karina. 

I nodded. She handed me a leash hanging on a hook by the door. "Could you take Zero for a walk? He's been cooped up all day, and I think he'd love some fresh air."

“Okay Mom, Let’s go zero” putting the leash on our cute little dog now barking out of excitement. 

“Be safe” my mom reminded me. 

As the morning sun bathed the surroundings in a warm glow, I opened the door, expecting the usual sights and sounds of a summer day. To my surprise, Karina is standing beside our door.

Karina donned a sunlit summer dress, greeted me with a bright smile, “Hi Winter!, I’m glad I found your house!” 

“Karina?? Huh?? Why are you here…?” not still recovering from the shock that Karina is in front of our house with her usual bright aura.  

“Well you know –” Karina was about to explain when my mother cut off our conversation with her loud and excited voice.

“What’s up? We got visitors?” my mom with her usual cheerful self every time Ning was in our house. 

 “Could you be…. Winter’s friend?!” with amusement and excitement in her tone 

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kim, I am Karina Yoo Winter’s classmate,” Karina said with politeness and beamed a bright smile to my mother. 

With all adoration, my mother comes close to Karina, ignoring me her daughter that still in shock and confused about what’s happening. “You look so beautiful, Karina”.

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim” flattered by my mother’s praise. 

“I’m here because I promised winter to hang out today.” She continued mentioning her agenda. 

My mother teasingly looked at me “Is that so?! You didn't mention anything, Winter. I will walk zero instead” 

“Huh?” I only uttered after my mom got the leash on my hand 

“She’s free right now so feel free to come in!” my mom said inviting Karina inside.

 “Thank you, Mrs. Kim” Karina replied while entering our house.



 

“Wow, your room is pretty and cozy Winter!” Karina said while busy looking around to my room. 

“Could this be where you write your stories?!” she asked while sitting on my chair in front of my study table 

I didn't answer and placed a juice on my table. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter