Chapter 3. The Cursed World

Domain Expansion: Adventure in DC

[Noroi no Sekai: Translation - Cursed World]

 

(Author's Narration)

 

Cursed Energy arises from negative emotions from humans, and it's a dominant existence in the world of Jujutsu Sorcerers. Jujutsu Sorcerers can manipulate cursed energy in various ways, and most of them use their abilities to fight against Cursed Spirits that run hammock in the world.

 

Cursed Spirits, simply put, are Curses originating from Cursed Energy.

 

Enter, Cursed Celestials. Beings existing from the beginning of everything. These beings are entirely made up of Cursed energy, and they need it to exist.

 

But they were never created from Cursed Energy, they are just made up of it, creating their various eccentric body masses. 

 

The origin of Cursed Celestials is Divine, but as long as they can maintain their body masses using cursed energies, their existence is eternal.

 

The only way to exorcise a Cursed Celestial is by exhausting it's energy reserves - something they are devoted to stocking up and protecting.

 

However, Cursed Celestials are rare Curses to come by, and have only been a fairy tale among Jujutsu Sorcerers. 

 

Noroi no Sekai is a Cursed Celestial that thrives in excitement. Which means that he can convert excitement into Cursed Energy, ensuring his survival, and insuring his eternal life.

 

Cursed Celestials are the most powerful types of Curses, recorded in ancient mythologies. They have been associated with hosting a wide array of perks, including manifesting as Cursed Spirits, or humans - if they ever liked.

 

Although, not much is known about them, however, as the few who have met them never lived long enough to describe them in detail, or even how many of them exist.

 

Not even the strongest sorcerer who blindly fell prey to Noroi no Sekai's Domain Expansion, and the King of Curses who discovered a title several levels higher than "King".

 

Moreover, there is a whispered legend among the Jujutsu Sorcerers, spanning from the olden days. It's the legend of the Cursed Millennial, a sorcerer born once in a thousand years with a technique powerful enough to rival those of Cursed Celestials.

 

But there has never been a record of such an existence, and the legend only remains a myth, a fable among the famed clans. 

 

The legend is yet to be proven.

 

(Meet Noroi no Sekai - The Cursed World)

 

He was not amused at all! Infact, he felt as if the universe was playing tricks on him.

 

He should have been a little more cautious in selecting his most recent prey. But even so, why did it have to be like this?

 

His Spiritual Sight allowed him to see techniques, among other details, but that's not something he saw when he used it on Wan the first time they met.

 

He trapped him in his Domain Expansion out of mere curiosity to see how he could evolve if he gave him a special ability, seeing that he possessed unharnessed potential.

 

He could tell that Wan Juan was special right from their first collision. He had scouted the entire world, but there had not been any sense of cursed energy lingering around.

 

Yet, this particular character had managed to crash into a cursed spirit and see it. Of course he had to be special! But Noroi no Sekai hadn't thought that he was special in a way that could put him at a disadvantage.

 

He had closely observed Wan's first interaction with Themyscira, and what he had seen ticked him off such that he had been steaming the entire. Steaming with rage stemming from a universal deception.

 

Where was he getting those super attributes from, that kept making him resilient even without any experience or use of cursed energy? It was most definitely not from the Cursed Coin that Noroi had gifted him.

 

The Cursed Coin allowed Wan more access to Noroi no Sekai's cursed energy reserves.

 

Something about that "Ding!" Was fishy, and Noroi no Sekai didn't like it. If he could, he would take back his Cursed Coin right away and stop the simulation, but that wasn't an easy task.

 

Once The Cursed World set up his Domain, there were only two possible ways it could go down. Either he ran out of all the cursed energy he had stocked up in his reserves, or, the main character in the Isekai died. The latter was the most popular end. 

 

But feeling super uncomfortable with Wan's recent development, The Cursed World wanted Wan dead just as soon as his story had started!

 

That was because he couldn't tell if what was happening with Wan would play to his advantage, or go super against him.

 

Was it his technique? But how so? There was no sense of manipulating cursed energy as his strength, speed, agility and health increased.

 

Another disadvantage of his Domain was that, Noroi no Sekai couldn't go inside the Isekai. The only way he manifested himself was through the Cursed Coin that he used as a trump card to engineer the end of the Isekai story.

 

He could etch two things into the Cursed Coin and allow the prey to curse their fateful journey to the end using the Coin Toss. On one side of the coin would be a smooth journey to a heroic end (climatic), whilst on the other existed the Anti-Climatic (a most perilous journey to the end.

 

But either way, Noroi no Sekai got what he wanted in the end - adventure, and a lot of excitement!

 

This time, he had given Wan a chance at either of the two most powerful techniques that he had gotten from two of the strongest: The Ten Shadows Technique, and, Infinity.

 

One was a Climatic, the other, an Anti-Climatic.

 

On most occasions, he would trap an experienced sorcerer into his Domain, in a storyline that would create so much excitement for him to convert into Cursed Energy that kept him alive. But, he would use the Cursed Coin later in the story, engineering the most popular end to the Isekai - death of the protagonist.

 

But this time, he chose to use the Cursed Coin earlier, since Wan didn't bring anything special to the table (that he was aware of). Wan was not like sorcerers who had already harnessed their abilities over time and become masters.

 

But this new circumstance..., that Ding! Sound and the Super Attributes put Noroi no Sekai at a crossroads. Simply because, he feared immortality!

 

If Wan somehow became immortal through his attributes during the Isekai storyline, then killing the protagonist would be next to impossible, and the story would never end. 

 

Meaning that Noroi no Sekai could not reclaim his Cursed Coin, and he would be stuck in a symbiotic relationship with Wan, forever! Wan would be generating excitement, and Noroi no Sekai would be providing the Cursed Energy for him, for eternity.

 

But that wouldn't be as lucrative at it sounds, as one would be a prisoner to the other. Namely, Noroi no Sekai. He would have to keep expanding his Domain infinitely as he accommodated for the plot of the Isekai. 

 

Creation is hard for anyone, even for a Cursed Celestial who has orchestrated countless adventures (thereby seen it all). (C/N: But it's super fun!)

 

Currently, he had only created Themyscira from Wan's memories, with addition to his own memories, following the rules of his Domain Expansion. And, he wasn't planning to expand beyond that.

 

There were rules to his Isekai Domain that he was really hoping to avoid, and he was not looking forward to being stuck in the same story for eternity. It's certainly no one's wish, and it was most definitely not Noroi no Sekai's. 

 

"Nip in the bud, and, cut your losses." Noroi no Sekai said to himself as he prepared to end Wan's story the only way he knew how.

 

His Domain required so much Cursed Energy to set up; a half a century worth of it, but he would rather lose that much energy than risk losing ownership of the Isekai. (C/N: And copyrights and everything else...👀)

 

The Cursed World (Noroi no Sekai) would never let that happen. So, he decided to rig the game.

 

First was his current resources: the Island of Themyscira and the Amazon Warriors. He would use them to exhaust the protagonist and push him to his limits, then end the story with his demise.

 

Then, there was the Cursed Coin. That could be an insurance policy just in case the first plan failed. A contingency for what even he considered to be impossible. But there was a first for everything, and he had to be prepared.

 

With that, he rigged the Coin Toss to fall into his favor. Both were powerful techniques anyway, so, there wasn't pointing in sweating it out. He had seen them both in action, and he had suspicions for the one that could work to his advantage.

 

Then, there was the right moment to implant and execute his rigged plot. The moment when the protagonist was most vulnerable and unsuspecting. A time as such when he wouldn't show surprise abilities that would tip the balance of power.

 

Right now, Wan was running away from the Amazons, and his senses were heightened. It wasn't the best time to spook him further with traps and stronger, more resilient warriors.

 

He needed him to be relaxed, and close to the Amazons. He chose to wait for that moment, before cursing the whole of Themyscira!

 

---

C/N:

Thanks for reading this Definitive Chapter of my story. If you like it, help me to expound on the idea of the Cursed Celestial and the Cursed Millennial by commenting. Maybe I'll set up Discord too and we can chat about it. But be sure to comment.