And so it Begins.

Changing For The Better

 

 

Reader

  I took in the crisp morning air as I walked down the side of the road. It was quiet, with the occasional passing by of cars as people tried to hurry to their workplace. Today was the day that all my hard work had paid off. Years and years of studying and volunteering just to get into one school. This wasn't just a 'school' if you wanted to be someone in life, you went there. I was so exited yet terrified. I didn't know anybody; I had never been new so what am I supposed to do? 
  The white pillars of the school snapped me away from my aspirated thoughts. It was so; white, to put it that way. The closer I got, the more people I saw. The more people I saw, the faster my heart started to beat. Maybe if I just keep my head down and don't look anyone in th-
  SLAM!
  Maybe looking down wasn't such a good idea. Those pillars sneak up on you. I looked around to see that the few students there were snickering. One group of boys glared, as if I had just smashed their phones. One of the guy’s hair was as white as these pillars. I couldn't really tell what his facial expression had been. Most of his face had been covered up in a black fabric. Odd. He raised his eyebrow and looked away. My face red with embarrassment I quickly went into the building to find the office. The sooner I sit at my desk, the less accident and potential mortification. 

  Daehyun

  "What a joke. They let wannabes in now?" Ever since that girl had run into the pillar they wouldn't stop. I just kept quiet. These guys were too easily amused. Yeah, it was funny, but after 15 minutes, it's getting a little old. 
  I didn't think much of them; I just let them into my little, games. In this school, you want to be on top. You could be the smartest most cunning person ever. Not enough. You've got to have the scare factor. Threaten a couple kids in front of a few people, word spreads. Power is gained automatically. Being on top makes you feel good in a way. That adrenaline you get, the rush, it's like drugs without the horrible side effects. 
  This year feels good. I pulled my mask up a little and tilted my head towards the door. Taking the queue we stalked off to the classrooms. Though as soon as they got in front of me I walked the other direction. First hour doesn't really count anyways. 
 
Reader

  The schedule led me to my locker. The halls were eerily empty. I heard footsteps once in a while but they would quickly fade out. Great. Making friends is just going to be so fun now. The lock clicked and I opened the grey shaded locker. It was so empty. I put my bag and lunch. That helps a little. Closing it I looked at the paper. Class doesn't start until 10. A had ten minutes to find it. Now advisory. Room 203A. So the bottom floor, easy enough. It was more or less a circle. Finding it shouldn't be too hard. 


I was wrong. 
Holy wrong I was. This isn't a circle! This is a polygon with little corridors that'll lead you to different hallways. I looked around. There's got to be at least one student. 
  No one but feet...
  Feet? Oh. Someone was sitting but from anywhere past the knee was hidden by the lockers. I walked over, I was already pretty late. Maybe they'll be like some teachers with the 'new kid policy'. The full body came into view. They looked asleep with their hood up and droopy head. I bent down to see white. Lots of it. That's interesting hair, I guess, if you're into that kind of stuff. It's that kid from outside. He looked like a slacker anyways. 
  "Hello?" I nudged the figure slightly. No movement. "Anybody alive in there?" I knocked their head like a door. They didn't move. I was about to say something when he spoke. 
  "Is your life that minuscule that you mess with an unconscious person?" 
  My eyes widened. "I-I didn't, I mean, I was just...” Out with it you prick! "Room 205A!" They looked shocked at my sudden outburst. 
  "Where? I mean, room 205A, where is it?" I stood up backing away a bit. Face red in embarrassment. The rude stranger stood up and walked away but stopped shortly after. 
  "Are you coming or what?" They scoffed. I walked up to him. Trying not to make eye contact. Hard with that tacky piece of cloth over their face. Fashion? I don't understand. At all. He stopped and pointed to our left. A LED light lit up a sign that read 205A. 
  I turned to them, them? I don't really have a name for this stranger. He arched his eyebrow as he turned my way. 
  "What's your name?" I asked diligently. 
  "That's none of your business." He replied back rudely. 
  "Fine. If you won't give me a proper word for you then...towel face. Your name's going to be towel face." His eyes widened in surprise. 
  "Towel face? Who gives you the right to ever say that to me? I will make you crumble so quick here."
  "Well, you didn't give me a name. Second, that's a threat and I could call the police right now for slander."  I can't believe this guy was intimidating at first. He's just another 'I'm so bad!' type. 
  People like this make me angry. They can't just walk around people's opinions and throw meaningless words right back at them. I also don't like Aegyo, but that a different story. 
  "Well, thanks anyways. I'm already late. Maybe next time I see you that attitude will be fixed." I walked away but he spoke the last words. 
  "I don't think you'll be able to see me. You’re probably blind from walking into things." I stopped. What? Wait— he saw that? 
  "Great comeback. You should get a golden globe for that. Bravo. You are now level one kindergarten bully." I heard him growl and stalk off. With that I walked into the classroom satisfied. 

 

 

 

_______

I hope you all liked the first chapter. Not sure if I should keep it a threeshot or make it longer. Opinions? Anyways, thank you!

Follow me on Tumblr for more: Chimchi.Tumblr.Com

 

^^ just had to.