Fired.

Bite Me. /discontinued

chapter one;
▬▬▬▬▬▬

I had the urge to scream my head off and to choke on my tears until the pain in the back of my throat faded...

But I couldn't...

Not in front of him at least...

Or else, who knew what he would think of me after our long (must I add 'lonely'?) one-month-and-three-days of separation?

He would probably think that I'm desperate... heartbroken... or maybe the type that will never forget the guy whom she has spent more than half a year with... Well, let me tell you, if he thought that I was anything of the above... He would be correct.

I quickly – but not TOO quickly – walked back to the kitchen to hand the order to one of the chefs. I could feel Faith giving me the stink-eye as I walked away.

Her glares practically feels like a murderer stabbing your back repeatedly with a sharpened knife that was made to gut someone. Just thinking and feeling her glares gave me the chills. I sometimes would wonder and think to myself whether Ji Yong knows that she gave me glares... But then again, he probably wouldn't notice because Faith would have no reason to glare at me unless Ji Yong has been staring at my rear end... Which he probably was.

I sometimes would also wonder about what Faith Lee had that I didn't have. Faith was 'The Perfect Girl”. She had 'The Body' that guys would pay millions to lay a finger on. She wasn't skinny and too tall. She was the perfect weight and height. She was a cool person to converse with. She was born to be a Fashionista. She was nice and talented... and she used to be my friend.

I was everything the opposite of Faith Lee. I was Park Jae Lee. Stupid, skinny, tall, shy, indecisive, and a Fashion Terrorist. I can now see why Ji Yong had chosen Faith over me.

“PARK JAE LEE.” My boss's booming voice could be heard anywhere... It was even more super-sonic than a bat's shriek. “STOP DAYDREAMING ON YOUR JOB AND GET IN THAT KITCHEN BEFORE I HAVE YOU FIRED!”

I winced a little while holding the notepad and pen to my flat chest.

“YOU HEAR ME?!?! I SAID 'FIRED!'”

“Y-y-yes sir.” I couldn't stop stuttering and started stuttering even when I remembered that 'Stutterers' were one of the boss's major pet peeves. My boss started leaning in closer to my face. I backed away a few, banging my back into the wall behind me. I could smell his breath... It smelled of onions... Yuck!

“You're...” His bushy eyebrows furrowed and his yellow teeth were showing. “FIRED!” He shouted into my ear at an extremely deadly volume. I'm willing to bet ten dollars that I won't ever be able to hear in my left ear, ever again.

Losing my job was one thing and facing my sister was another. I was fired thirty-minutes before my shift ended, which resulted in a deduction on my paycheck.

That night, I sighed as I fumbled around my tote bag, in search of the yellow envelope. I wouldn't dare to tell my sister of my (very) recent unemployment... Or else, she would literally chop my head off and write a thousand-page complaint letter to the boss! I would only know because she was close to chopping my head off and one-page away from the thousand-page complaint letter the last time I was fired.

“Here you go~” I said in an extremely perky voice, trying to be my normal self (which was really hard at the moment). I placed my paycheck on the kitchen counter. Bom raised a finely shaped brow, staring from the paycheck to staring back at me. With swift movements of her arm, wrist, and hand, she grabbed the enveloped and opened it. Her eyes bugged out of their sockets...

As if on a cue, I felt like the house was going to shake from Bom's screaming.

“YAH! PARK JAE LEE.” She tugged at me right ear and shouted into it.

Crap. There goes my only good ear.

“HOW DID THIS!” She pointed at the deduction on my paycheck. “HAPPEN?!?!”

“I can explain T____T!!” I quickly defended myself, impersonating those kung-fu moves I saw on 'Kung-fu Panda' last week, as soon as Bom let her grasp loosen from my aching ear.

Well, first, let me introduce you to my sister, Park Bom. Bom is a money-crazy monster. She became one ever since both of our parents died in a tragic car accident, donating all their profits from selling their huuuuuuuugeeee company to various charities, leaving their only children (Bom and I) a small amount of money. The money was only enough for Bom and I to go to school, buy food, and pay for bills. We eventually ran out of money and that resulted in Bom ditching school, finding well-paying jobs at the early age of 16, and going under stress 24/7. On the other hand, I'm still attending school, going to my part-time jobs, and I'm the main reason to why our fridge is half emptied most of the time.

“YOU GOT FIRED?!?!” Bom's face was red with fury and she started inhaling and exhaling deeply. She grabbed me by the collar of my school uniform. Oh precious, precious school uniform. I'll make sure to iron you tonight. “How the freak did this happen?!? I demand an explanation!”

Well, I can't exactly tell her it was over a boy because;
1) She didn't know I HAD a boyfriend or went out with boys.
2) She didn't allow me to date – not even if I was an old and wrinkly granny.
3) She'll kill me if I told her... which is likely to happen even if I didn't tell her.

After shouting her head off, Bom relaxed and let me off without dinner.

“No job. No food.” That was her exact words. Harsh much?

I laid on my bed, thinking of all the different dreams I could have tonight... But all I could think of was him. My eyes fluttered a bit before shielding me away from the things of reality.

School wasn't so bad today... It was probably because I spent half of the day day-dreaming and the other half doodling in my notebooks.

“Why is March 14th Pie Day...” Mr. Choi strolled over to my desk, waking me up from my slumber, and ruining my dream: The Adventures of Jae Lee in Wonderland. “Park Jae Lee?”

“Because... the cafeteria gives out free miniature pies?” I said, stifling a yawn. The entire math class erupted into fits of giggles, which wasn't very pleasing in Mr. Choi's mind.

“Detention.” He said in a stern voice, glaring at each student until they had finally settled down. He then looked back down at me. “Park Jae Lee... What am I going to have to do with you?” He sighed, taking out his '(F)or the Day' stamp and stamping it on my worksheet. The bell suddenly sprang to life, ringing with no mercy. “Class's dismissed except for Jae Lee.”

“Mr. Choi!” I gave him puppy eyes. “Why?”

“You tell me why.” He went back to his desk to retrieve a pink slip. “Outstanding student or not, keep your behavior up and I'll have to contact your sister.” He waved the signed pink slip in my face. “Get another one of these, you can kiss your scholarship good-bye.”

I threw everything in my bag and grabbed the pink slip from his hand, walking out the door. Was he blackmailing me?!?! In my head, I mimicked his words. Kiss my scholarship good-bye, he says. He'll have to contact my sister, he says. He just makes me... grrr. He could give me a billion of these pink slips and it wouldn't matter. Also, what kind of stupid teacher gives their student a pink slip and not keep a copy for himself? I'll tell you who, Mr. Choi.

I grabbed the pink slip and attempted to rip it to shreds. Paying too much attention to my own thoughts, I thought I was imagining things when I heard that familiar and sweet voice.

“Hey squirt.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬

I apologize for the short and lateness of this chapter O___O; I was...lazy. xD Also, thanks for the comments :)

http://mintee-fresh.blogspot.com

Shameless advertising D: In need of reviewers and advertisers? ^^

march 31 2O1O;
ciaozors for nowzors x3
` ami