Disaster strikes

Everyone wants her / that was my crime (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oops...

 

Minjeong’s been practising for her baseball game alongside Yunjin and her other teammates, but somehow, she always finds ways to make time for Jimin in her breaks and in between classes. 

 

They’re sitting around each other in the cafeteria, Minjeong now right by Jimin’s side—her shoulder pressing against Jimin’s.

 

“Sure you’ll be fine?” Yunjin asks her.

“Why wouldn’t she be?” Aeri asks.

“We’re playing against Somi’s school.” Yunjin tells the table and a few of them show reactions.

“What’s with the reactions?” Aeri asks once she sees their friends wince. 

 

Jimin stays silent, not really knowing what the conversation’s about.

 

“Well, our dear Kim Minjeong here had a terrible, unrequited crush on Somi since they went to middle school together,” Ryujin snickers and Minjeong rolls her eyes.

“Shut up. It wasn’t unrequited and we talked about it; we’re friends.” Minjeong rolls her eyes and Jimin pokes at her lunchbox uninterestedly.

“Sure. Don’t lose your when you see her,” Ryujin snorts and Minjeong glares at her.

 

Minjeong takes notice of Jimin’s silence.

 

When lunch finishes, Minjeong’s rushing off to follow Jimin to her locker.

 

“Hey, you alright?” Minjeong asks.

“Me? I’m okay.” Jimin frowns.

“I don’t know; you just seemed a bit quiet? During lunch.” Minjeong says.

“Oh. My mum left too many spring onions in my lunch; it was turning me a bit off,” Jimin says and Minjeong grins.

“Seriously?”

“Don’t laugh. I’m not a usual picky eater; just some things I don’t like.”

“I’m just teasing. It’s cute. I’ll take note of it if we eat together.” Minjeong says.

“What? You’ll pick them out for me?” Jimin jokes.

“Of course I would.” Minjeong nods. “I’d be a terrible date if I didn’t.”

 

Jimin rolls her eyes.

 

After spending so much time with Minjeong, she’s just learned to deflect and ignore Minjeong’s flirtatious attempts.

 

“Sure. In your dreams, Minjeong.” Jimin saunters off to class and leaves Minjeong dumbfounded in the dust.


 


 

“Minjeong!” Jimin catches Minjeong before the game starts and the girl beams.
“Hey!” Minjeong grins, eager to pull Jimin into a hug.

“O–oh.” Jimin blinks.

“Sorry, I’m just really excited to play.” Minjeong smiles. “What’s up?”

“Oh, I brought your jacket.” Jimin holds up the jacket in her hand and Minjeong smiles.

“Ah, I totally forgot it that Monday.” Minjeong winces and Jimin chuckles.

“I know. It’s cold; you should put it on.” Jimin says.

 

And just as she does, a wind passes by and Jimin regrets not bringing her scarf with her.

 

“I think you’re cold, Yu Jimin.” Minjeong chuckles, taking the jacket out of Jimin’s hand.

 

She swings it over Jimin’s shoulders and makes her put it on.

 

“But you’ll be cold," Jimin says quietly.

“You look better in it. Keep it warm for me.” Minjeong smiles.

“Is your family here?” Jimin asks and Minjeong’s smile falls short.

“Uh, they’re busy. My parents couldn’t make it, but it’s okay. Johnny's here, our friends are here, and you’re here.” Minjeong grins and Jimin flushes.

“Okay… um, good luck with the game.”

“I’ll win for you.” Minjeong says and Jimin’s ears burn red.

 

Minjeong chuckles before running off and Jimin returns to her seat.


 

Jimin isn’t sure if she’s allowed to feel how she is at the moment. She sits behind the net in the stands as she waits for the baseball game to start. Since the start and before the game, Minjeong has been lingering around the other team, seen talking to the teammates and Somi. One girl’s arm is across Minjeong’s shoulder and Somi stands in front of her, talking to her. 

 

Jimin feels a large green-eyed monster sitting behind her and she dislikes the feeling.


She has no reason to feel like this and yet she doesn’t know why it’s affecting her so badly.


 

The game goes well and Minjeong makes sure to point obscurely in Jimin’s direction before making a home run. Jimin chuckles at her attempt to locate her in the midst of people and she’s sure Minjeong’s helmet obscures her view, but it’s the thought that counts.

 

The teasing from Aeri she gets afterwards feels like the thought shouldn’t count anymore.

 

Minjeong runs up to her, now in comfortable clothes.

 

“Hey, the other team invited us to a party,” Minjeong tells them. “Wanna come?”

“Um…” Jimin doesn’t really feel like being at a party at all.

“Please? They want to celebrate with us, even though they lost. Come for me? I’ll stick right by you, I promise.” Minjeong holds onto her hand and Jimin swallows, pulling away.

“O–okay.”


“Party!” Ryujin whoops.

“Let’s celebrate me getting a girlfriend!” Yunjin cheers.

“Okay, what?!” Eunchae gasps.

“When did you get with Chaewon-unnie?!” Kazuha asks and Chaewon sighs as Sakura laughs.

“She never said it was me." Chaewon grumbles, her face red, when Yunjin slings an arm over her shoulder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter