One

September Love (10th Grade)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days in the north of Seoul are cloudy and rainy, not in a depressing way but in a way that makes you feel relaxed. The smell of the wet soil releases sparks of serotonin that make you feel like a loved child. It is even better if you are the child of some wealthy couple with loose inner childs inside of them. Tomorrow is the first day of school and Seung-wan cannot hide that she is as excited as a child.

Time passes by quickly when listening to the new album your favorite underground artist just released, Seung-wan is an alt-girl, she’s so cool. Even though the school year in South Korea begins in March. Her school system was set up like Western schools and the protocol hadn’t been changed. It was weird having your childhood friends or cousins finish the year differently from you and having a hard time making plans to hang out during breaks.

As the sun begins to lose its light to the moon, Seung-wan’s stomach starts growling letting her know it’s time to go downstairs and have dinner with her family. Her mom and dad are cooking dinner tonight, the kitchen smells so good. Seung-wan hugs her mom who is busy chopping some tomatoes, from behind. She then goes to hug her dad. They are very close, they are best friends. It’s a beautiful relationship many yearn for and Seung-wan doesn’t take it for granted, she is a good child.

 

Lunes Por La Madrugada 

 

Instead of going right to sleep, Seung-wan stays awake for a little while, writing in her diary and fantasizing about the future. She knows what she wants and she hopes to accomplish it. She deserves it.

Seung-wan wakes up 10 minutes before her alarm clock goes off. She can’t wait to meet her friends after the break, she can’t wait to start a new year. She picks up her diary that is hiding under her nightstand and quickly begins to write what she hopes to accomplish this year. She comes out of her room’s bathroom after having taken a hot bath. She’s softly brushing her wet hair while looking for an album to listen to, in the end, she goes for  Shin Jung Hyun & Yup Juns Vol.1  by  Shin Jung Hyun & Yup Juns.

Seungwan neatly puts on her school uniform and leaves.

 

(I recommend you listen to “Think” by Shin Jung Hyun & Yup Juns now!)

 

10th Grade 

Seung-wan is dropped off at her school, she’s nervous because she’s now a big kid and will have more responsibilities. She recognizes her friend, Seulgi, and waves goodbye to her dad, and goes after her. Seulgi is one of her closest friends, they’ve known each other since grade school and they share many things in common including music. “Seulgi!” she yelled. “Oh, SEUNG-WAN-AH! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?” Seung-wan’s face freezes, “Is it bad?” she pouts, “WHAT? NO WAY! YOU LOOK A-W-E-S-O-M-E” Seulgi reassures by giving her a thumbs up and a small smile. Seung-wan had always kept her hair short, it was easier to take care of and she didn’t like hair getting in her way, but lately, she’s been changing her style, she’s growing up, and she wants to look ‘pretty’ or more like feel pretty. She’s growing her hair out. It is now just a little bit under her shoulders. She has also changed her boring glasses frames to aviator frames. A lot of girls her age go through this, people say this is for boys but Seung-wan doesn’t think about boys. She wants to look good for HERSELF, not for anyone. Most of her friends also think this way, all except Sooyoung maybe… She’s boy-crazed, she’s crazy.

 

“Did you hear? Sooyoung is seeing a college boy.”

 “WHAT? Ugh, that lucky …” 

“Haha don’t worry, Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter