Chapter 6

Hiding the Truth

Seobin waited on the news of his brother, with Jeongwoo distracting him as much as possible. Everyone in the house spoke English for the moment, in case bad news came around and Seobin was there. It wasn't like they didn't want Seobin to learn of the bad news, if there was any, they just didn't want to make Seobin worry more in case of a worse case scenario.

 

Jeongwoo and Seobin were currently in the livingroom coloring in a new coloring book that had been in Seobin's overnight bag. Jake and Jeonggeun were at school so it was just Seoho there for the moment to keep an eye on them, Seoho watching a movie while keeping an eye on the two friends.

 

“Um- mister,” inquired Seobin as he turned and looked back and up at Seoho who turned his attention to Seobin. “Who- who went to see big brother?” He asked.

 

Seoho contemplated answering, though he eventually did answer, sighing as he did so. “A friend of mine, who is part of a quartet of soldiers from my days in Dann's army,” he replied, shrugging as his tablet pinged, causing him to pick it up and read the message sent. “They weren't part of my side of the army, however, but they're one of the last groups alive from Dann's army,” he explained. “His name is Jangjun,” he added.

 

“Did he- did he find big brother?” Asked Seobin as he blinked as Seoho typed up a quick reply on his tablet.

 

“He did, and he is doing well,” replied Seoho as he turned the tablet around to show a picture of Jangjun standing with Chanyoung. “Sessions are tiring him out apparently, but he said he'd be back soon,” he explained. “At least we got to him in time,” he grumbled, too low for Seobin to hear as he turned the tablet back to face him as it pinged again.

 

“You- you worked for Dann before?” Asked Seobin as he wanted a distraction from coloring.

 

“I was in his army, yes,” replied Seoho as he nodded. “After Dann went out of power we met Jahan during our travels around the world at the time,” he explained. “Dann still had myself, Beomgyu, Yeonjun and Heeseung at the time, so I went to Jahan as a peace offering and a way to form an alliance,” he added. “I was one of his generals, actually,” he added as an afterthought, humming as he remembered what he did.

 

“That's- that's so cool!” Exclaimed Seobin as he looked excited. “Who was um, Jangjun? With?” He asked.

 

“I believe he was under Heeseung,” replied Seoho as he thought about it. “But since Heeseung became Beomgyu's right hand man after everything happened I think they just went off on their own,” he explained. “We still keep in touch with them though,” he added. “Luckily Jangjun was in Korea, and answered quickly,” he mused, remembering that he was replying to something as he looked down at the tablet to reread the message before typing up a reply.

 

“Cool,” hummed Seobin before he turned back to coloring, glad to see that his brother seemed to be doing okay. He glanced at Jeongwoo who looked up at Seoho.

 

“It's not good,” mumbled Seoho, speaking English to Jeongwoo who nodded his head before returning to coloring.

 

~

 

“Any luck?” Asked Jake as he returned home from classes for the day with Jeonggeun.

 

“They found him,” responded Seoho as he nodded. “I told you Jangjun would be able to find him,” he added.

 

“Good,” sighed Jake as he looked relieved, walking over to see what Jeongwoo and Seobin were coloring this time.

 

“What are you two coloring now?” Asked Jake as he sat down beside Jeongwoo. 

 

"Um,” responded Seobin as he looked down at the book. “Animals,” he decided to go with, unsure of what the scene was. “There's- a farm!” He explained, showing the page he was coloring.

 

“I see,” remarked Jake as nodded his head.

 

~

 

Seobin let out a huff as he stood on the bridge overlooking the Han River, leaning against the railing. He was meeting Jeongwoo and Niki here, since they couldn't get much privacy anywhere else with Jake constantly hovering over them to make sure he was okay. This seemed to be the best spot, as the CCTV would still keep an eye on them but wouldn't record their voices.

 

Jeongwoo was the first to arrive, keeping his hands in his pockets as he approached Seobin who turned to him.

 

“Niki's not here yet,” sighed Seobin before shaking his head. “It's- fine, school keeps- keeps him busy,” he added.

 

Right as he said that Niki approached from the other direction, backpack on as he just left his class for the day. “Sorry, I just got out of class,” he explained, shrugging as he stopped in front of Seobin. “So what happened?” He asked, taking in Seobin's depressed mood as he stuffed his hands in his hoodie pockets.

 

“Big- big brother went to one of his- sessions and- and,” grumbled Seobin as he looked down at his feet. “He- he's okay though, from what- what Jeongwoo told me,” he explained. “They've been- been talking in English the whole time, so I don't know what's being said,” he added.

 

Niki looked over at Jeongwoo who shook his head at him. “Ah, I see,” he mused, looking concerned. “What exactly are these sessions?” He asked. “Therapy I'm assuming?” He asked.

 

“Mhm,” replied Seobin as he nodded his head in confirmation. “He started going to them again after- after meeting you guys,” he explained. “I- don't know why,” he mumbled, honestly. “The grief- must be- be hitting harder than usual,” he mused, looking thoughtful.

 

“Is it the anniversary do you think?” Asked Niki as it dawned on him. “Something about the anniversary makes the grief hit hard due to the soulmate marks or something?" He asked.

 

“I think that may be it,” responded Seobin as he looked thoughtful. “I didn't think about that, honestly,” he confessed, sighing. “But someone, Jang-Jangjun I think, found him just in time,” he explained. “So I'll see him again soon,” he added.

 

“I'll keep an eye on him, when he comes back,” reassured Niki as he nodded his head.

 

“Thank you,” Seobin mumbled sincerely as he nodded.