Spray Paint {Jaehyun & Johnny}

Boulevard of Sunsets: An NCT Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a sunny afternoon and Jaehyun had just come home from school. "I'm so bored," he sighed as he opened the back door to their large family home. His younger brothers Jaemin and Jeno were in the living room playing video games. "Want to join us Jaehyun?" asked Jaemin. But Jaehyun declined, wanting some fresh air instead.

 

He walked out into the spacious garden, spotting his brothers Jungwoo and Chenle planting flowers with Doyoung. "Be a dear and help me finish up here before going off to play," said Doyoung with a smile. After lending a hand, Doyoung thanked Jaehyun and then the boy set off to explore.

 

As he wandered past the vegetable patch being tended by Kun, Jaehyun spotted the tool shed in the distance. Maybe he could find something interesting inside to entertain himself. He opened the creaky doors and shining lights inside, coughing at the dust that was stirred up. As he was looking around at the rakes and shovels propped against the walls, Jaehyun discovered a can of black spray paint hidden behind some bags of soil.

 

He picked it up curiously, remembering how Johnny had bragged about doing graffiti with his friends the other week. Jaehyun had always wanted to try it but believed Taeyong and Doyoung would never allow it. A mischievous smile spread across his face as he had an idea to alleviate his boredom that afternoon.

 

Jaehyun got to work spraying zigzags and swirls on the wooden walls and floor of the shed. The rhythmic sound of the spray can filling the air was strangely soothing. He became so focused on creating his makeshift canvas that he lost track of everything else around him.

 

After spraying for what seemed like only minutes, Jaehyun suddenly heard Doyoung calling from the house. "Jaehyun! Time for dinner! Come inside now before it gets cold!" Snapping out of his trance, Jaehyun realized with a start that the entire shed was now covered in a web of black lines. His hands and clothes were also stained dark from accidentally brushing against wet paint as he worked.

 

Panicking at the mess he had made, Jaehyun frantically tried wiping himself off with an old rag. But it was no use, the paint had already dried and stuck to his skin. He emerged from the shed with a nervous grin, hoping Doyoung wouldn't notice. But it was too late. "Jaehyun, what on earth...why are you all dirty?" gasped Doyoung as he approached.

 

Doyoung peered into the shed and let out an audible gasp. "Yah, what have you done in there?! You know spray paint is forbidden!" Jaehyun shuddered under Doyoung's stern gaze. Just then, Taeyong appeared after hearing the commotion. "Is everything alright? What's going on with the shed?" Taking in the scene, realization dawned on Taeyong's face. "Jaehyun, did you do this? You're in big trouble mister!"

 

“Appa, I’m sorry,” Jaehyun said, hanging his head in shame. “I just got bored and thought spray painting would be fun.”

 

Taeyong sighed. “I understand you were bored, but you disobeyed Eomma and I. Now we have to clean up this big mess.”

 

Doyoung called out, “Taeil, can you please get a bucket and cleaning supplies from the garage?” The eldest son nodded and set off to fetch what was needed.

 

As they waited, Kun gently placed a hand on Jaehyun’s shoulder. “We all make mistakes. The important thing now is learning from it.”

 

When Taeil returned with the cleaning items, Taeyong said, “Jaehyun, as punishment you will help scrub this shed spotless. Then you're grounded for a week. Your Eomma and I will discuss your further punishment once you’re done.”

 

Jaehyun got to work, but it was backbreaking labor. Soon his brother Ten showed up. "Let me help, it will go faster with two people." Though still upset, Jaehyun was grateful for the assistance.

 

After a few hours of scrubbing, Jaehyun was starting to grow frustrated with the grueling task. He stopped and turned to his parents.

 

"Appa, Eomma," he said hesitantly. "There's something I need to tell you."

 

Taeyong and Doyoung exchanged a look, bracing themselves for what was coming. "Go on, Jaehyun," Doyoung replied gently.

 

Jaehyun took a deep breath. "The other day when Johnny hyung came over...he was telling us about how he spray painted with his friends in the alley by their house. I know that doesn't make what I did okay, but I think you should know Johnny hyung has done it too."

 

Taeyong frowned thoughtfully. "I see. Thank you for being honest with us, Jaehyun. I will have to have a talk with Johnny about setting a good example for his younger brothers."

 

Doyoung nodded. "I appreciate you coming forward. But you still made the choice to disobey, so you must face the consequences. Now let's keep cleaning - the sooner we're done, the sooner your punishment can end."

 

Hours later, exhausted but finally done, Jaehyun collapsed onto the grass. Yuta brought them water with a smile. "Good work. I'm proud of you for following through."

 

After the long, grueling cleanup, Jaehyun stumbled inside thoroughly worn out. But Doyoung wasn't ready to let the matter drop just yet.

 

"To your room, Jaehyun. Your Appa and I need to discuss your punishment further." Fear gripped Jaehyun's heart as he reluctantly obeyed.

 

In their bedroom, Doyoung paced agitatedly. "We've let the kids get away with too much misbehavior lately. Jaehyun deliberately disobeyed and lied by omission about Johnny."

 

Taeyong sighed heavily. "I agree he needs a more thorough punishment. What did you have in mind?"

 

Doyoung leveled a stern stare. "A hard spanking is long overdue for that boy. Maybe then he'll think twice before disobeying again."

 

Taeyong nodded resolutely.

 

Jaehyun was nervous as he waited in his room for his parents. He knew they were seriously unhappy with his behavior after the cleanup, but had no idea what further consequences to expect.

 

Every minute that passed in anxious silence seemed like an eternity. Jaehyun paced back and forth restlessly, running their stern words over in his mind. Would they ground him longer? Take away privileges? His imagination ran wild with worse possibilities.

 

Finally, he heard footsteps approaching and froze, heart pounding. The doorknob turned all too slowly as Taeyong and Doyoung entered wearing grim expressions.

 

Jaehyun wrung his hands nervously. "A-Appa, Eomma...I'm really sorry for what I did. Please don't be too hard on me."

 

Doyoung's frown deepened as he responded sternly, "Don't think your apologies will get you out of this, young man. You deliberately disobeyed our rules."

 

"We've let your behavior slide for too long," added Taeyong gravely. "It's long past time you faced real consequences."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter