Words of Affirmation

Forms of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a few months since Minju and Yujin started dating, and things have been going well. Despite Yujin’s constant teasing towards the older girl, she has been the loveliest and sweetest girlfriend ever.

There’s nothing wrong, really. But Minju accidentally read a tweet about love languages and how this person’s partner is so dominant on one love language that they can’t give or receive others. So, it got her wondering what her girlfriend’s love language is. But Minju, being Minju, wants to find out about it all by herself.

So, she writes down the things she can remember about Yujin that are related to each love language. The first one she can remember would be Words of Affirmation.

This love language is undoubtedly one of Yujin’s main love languages. Yujin always reminds her how much she loves the latter. There’s this one occasion that Minju particularly remembers since it’s one of her worst days.

That day, Minju had just finished her last final exam, and though it was the last, she struggled a lot with it. It’s not a big deal if it weren’t for some skater kid bumping into her and spilling her coffee on her white shirt. Hence, she tried to get her favorite drink as a replacement and to cheer her up a bit. But of course, her favorite drink — almond milk — had to be run out of stock in the vending machine.

Minju still tried to be optimistic about it and put more effort into walking a few miles to the nearest mini-market. Her positive side wasn’t wrong; she got her favorite almond milk and a pack of gummy bears. She just started feeling a bit brighter until she overheard a few other college students talking about her girlfriend in front of the mini-market.

“I still don’t get why Yujin chooses to date Minju, out of ALL people,” said the curly-haired guy with a deep voice.

A girl with a high-pitched voice nodded to him and added, “Yeah, right? Why would a famous college band vocalist date such an annoying nerd?”

All the negative feelings from the morning ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter