FHEL 4

Forever has Eight Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed and it was just like any other day at the café. Except for the disappointed faces of the regulars who could not see their favourite little baby laughing and grinning at the sound of the bell every time the door opened.

"Is Tae sick?" one of their regular customers asked Jongin. I don't know either, he wanted to say but blinked away the welling tears before flashing a short smile, "We changed his sleeping schedule. So, he'd fall asleep around this time. That's why."

Just like how Baekhyun's face used to lighten up the entire place, his current state made it gloomy, the aura so thick it was almost suffocating. "What happened, Hyun?" another one such customer had asked the single parent.

Baekhyun looked up at her with his lifeless eyes, "Nothing, Mrs. Kim. Just a little tired." The lady clicked her tongue patting his shoulder, "You look weak, child, rest well; oh, and convey my hugs to little Taehyungie. The café is not the same without the little ball of sunshine."

I'm not the same without my little ball of sunshine either...

Baekhyun smiled, "Sure! Will do, Mrs. Kim."

He proceeded to clean the table and took the mugs and saucers in his hand. Jongin followed and furrowed his brows seeing the elder go in a direction away from the door.

"Hyung, where are you heading?" Baekhyun laughed, "Just a little wobbly. Nothing else." The dancer was sure the elder was lying since no matter how sad he was, whenever he lied, he laughed.

_____

It was two days later when Baekhyun fell off the stairs and Jongin, fortunately had just come back from university. "Are your eyes on the back of your head, Hyung?" he screamed at the top of his lungs when Baekhyun had sheepishly replied his bangs fell on his eyes.

The unconvinced student dragged his neighbour to optometrist. "I knew it! You could not see well!" the younger turned to Baekhyun, "there's no wrong in admitting stuff like this, Hyung!"

Despite the doctor telling him he would need glasses, a stubborn Baekhyun walked out the door with Jongin trailing behind as soon as he paid the medical fee.

"Why do you not wan—"

"How much was the session?"

"What?"

He repeated the question and the dancer answered, "500" A long sigh left the elder's lips, "That much?" Jongin nodded, "You know how pricey everything is these days, right?"

Baekhyun hid his despair and nodded, "I'll take care of this, okay? Don't worry about me, Jongin!" The younger rolled his eyes, "Three years and I've seen how well you take care of yourself. Remember what Dr. Kim called you? Malnourished! How am I not supposed to worry about you, Hyung?"

Baekhyun only patt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter