end

The last dance

Johnny had been a dancer, the y kind and he had given private shows in the past and even pole danced. He was sought after both males and females and he was confident with his body and looks to not shy away from them. However, he drew the line at contact. He did not do s or anything beyond the private stage.

 

But this was his past when he was struggling to pay off his student loans and trying to make a decent living in a very competitve work. Landing a job as a photographer's assistant before moving in the ranks then  eventually learning DJing and landing another part time, he was able to leave the industry.

 

“You know I don’t do it anymore Ten.” Johnny groaned as he answered his friend’s call.

 

“I know Johnny hyung but please just one time, please do this as a favor.” Ten begged and Johnny knew his friend was desperate, Ten never begs for favors.

 

“Just dance?” Johnny asked and he heard a hum.

 

“I know you draw a line there and I personally knew this one, and he’s my boss so I don’t want to hire someone I don’t trust. My is on the line here as well.” Ten informed him.

 

“How did you even get into this situation?” Johnny asked and Ten laughed nervously.

 

“well, I made a bet with Doyoung.” Ten said and Johnny doesn’t need to hear anything else.

 

“So I am saving your literal .” Johnny replied and Ten laughed.

 

“Yeah, I will pay you full, no friend discount.” Ten said and Johnny could only sigh because this is Ten, his bestest friend who had helped him when he was at his lowest and had loaned him several times when he can’t even afford instant noodles.

 

“Send me the time and date, and all the details.” Johnny said and he could hear Ten squealing his endless thank yous at the other end of the line.

 

Johnny wasn’t really sure if he was dressed for the occasion because what the is this high end hotel and was he even going to be permitted inside? Johnny was dressed in a suit like Ten had told him but he wasn’t informed of the grandeur of the party. Ten did say that it was his boss’s birthday, and did he mention that it was on New Year’s eve?

 

It turned out to be an ultra exclusive party for their super young and not to mention super hot CEO that Johnny’s gay heart did a little somersault at the sight of the blonde male being honored for the night. Ten had briefed him again of what was expected of him and sure enough, johnny got this down. He wasn’t going to strip into ness but a little tease and some spicy moves should do the trick. Ten had mentioned that the CEO’s name was Kun and that he is the same age as him and Doyoung, born on the new year hence a new year’s eve party.

 

Johnny’s cue was called just as the lights dimmed. The MC was hyping the limited guests and Kun was made to sit at the middle chair set up for him to get the best view of the show. Kun was lightly intoxicated, but still he was holding a glass of red wine, his preferred drink of choice. Ten was seated next to Kun, as his secretary and well this is his gift to his boss while Doyoung sat a few seats back eye brow raised and challenging the younger; Kun in fact enjoyed Doyoung’s gift of a song cover.

 

Nobody was prepared for what’s to happen except Ten who grinend as the lights went on and the music played. Johnny commanded attention and that he get as he smirked and started his routine. He knew what makes the crowd go wild as he threw in some body waves, hip and some floor action.

 

“Please don’t tell my boyfriend but holy .” Johnny heard one of the girls scream and a scolding from Doyoung.” Shut up Joy!”

 

Johnny was getting confident as the song progressed, even making eye contact to the man of the hour, winking at him and showing him up close and personal what Johnny’s body could do.

 

Kun bit his lip and took a swig at his wine, this wasn’t on his to do list but hell, this guys is makign him feel a little hot and bothered. He looked at Ten who was grinning and he knew how ed his life is having this scheming lad as his secretary. “His name is Johnny.” Ten supplied and Kun glared at him before returning his eyes to Johnny who was approaching them and even doing what the was that on their table. Surely the interns where surprised and Kun could see his younger cousin’s eyes went wide and gasping, he could only wish that his cousin would shut his damn mouth, a feat that is impossible because that cousin is such a blabber mouth.


Johnny was so captivating and Kun knew he wanted the man, something he wasn’t sure he’ll get but hoped he will eventually.

 

Johnny finished his routine to an uproar of cheers and screams which he returned with a smile and a wink towards a flustered Kun.

 

“Did you pay him well?” Kun asked Ten who nodded.

 

“Of course, I did not even ask for a discount.” Ten assured him.

 

“Give him a bonus.” Kun instructed and Ten smield and nodded.

 

“Do you want to talk to him? He doesn’t sleep with clients but you can ask as a non client.” Ten said and Kun considered it.


”I don’t think it will work out.” Kun answered and Ten pouted at him before beckoning Doyougn over who grunted but did as he was told.

 

“What?” Doyoung narrowed his eyes at Ten.

 

“Oh let’s have a truce, I am trying to convince our friend here to get laid.” Ten said and Doyoung looked at the flushed cheeks of their friend and sighed.

 

“You like him, why not try to at least talk to him?” Doyoung said and Kun shook his head. “Do you know him ten?” Doyoung asked and ten nodded.

 

“Of course, I won’t just hire anyone at all,  I know and Trust Johnny hyung.” Ten replied.

 

“Then go and try something Kun, Everyone’s isn’t an , your ex is just that, an x that should be erased in your world.” Doyoung said and Kun finished his glass and took a deep breath.

 

“If I get turned down on my birthday, you are both fired.” Kun threatened but the two knew these are empty threats, they’ll just prepare some wine for brunch tomorrow and maybe some karaoke to heartbreak playlist.

 

Johnny was at the bar ordering some beer because he was parched and because Ten said he could have any liqour that he wanted in the bar. He saw Kun approached him so he fixed his face and gave him the practiced customer service smile.

 

“Hello, Johnny is it?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“Happy Birthday, Kun is it?” Johnny greeted and Kun smiled and nodded, cheeks turning a bit more red; Johnny thinks he’s cute.

 

“Well you did an amazing job. I mean you danced well.” Kun was stuttering and couldn’t form the proper words to express himself.

 

“Thank you, I am a bit rusty to be honest. I stopped doing this already.” Johnny informed him and Kun blinked at him.

 

“Oh really? You were so good out there!” Kun remarked and Johnny chuckled, this guy is adorable.

 

“I don’t sleep with my clients.” Johnny was straight to the point and Kun nodded.

 

“Ten informed me.” Kun sighed and then smiled. “I was thinking of asking you out as a date or something.” Kun shared and Johnny sighed then shook his head. “oh, I apologize then. Enjoy the rest of the night.” Kun bowed his head as he bit his lips and tried not to cry.

 

Kun then turned to leave and was about to walk away when Johnny caught his wrist and pulled him towards him. Kun collided with Johnny’s body. “I don’t sleep with my clients that is true.” Johnny leaned in close to Kun, their face mere inches away from each other. “Do you see me just as a dancer or do you see something past that?” johnny asked and Kun flushed even more.

 

“I won’t even make the move if I wasn’t interested.” Kun replied and Johnny grinned at him.

 

“I’ll accept the date but perhaps you deserve to open your birthday gift.” Johnny said and Kun interlocked their hands and led him out of the room.

 

 

----

 

Kun had called off the new year’s brunch and opted it for the second day instead to which both Ten and Doyoung complied because they knew their friend is having the best birthday ever at the moment. When they met for brunch though, it was a triple date because both Ten and Doyoung knew that Kun would be bringing a plus one, they too brought their boyfriends for the get together.

 

“You’re practically glowing.” Ten remarked as Kun sat in their reserved booth.

 

“I am thanks to Johnny and if you want a detailed breakdown I am happy to comply.” Kun smiled at Ten who cringed at him.

 

“No way, keep your life to yourself!” Ten retaliated.

 

“As if we didn’t hear your story of how flexible you and Sicheng are in the bedroom.” Doyoung pointed out making Ten snarl at him.

 

“Welcome to the group Johnny hyung. Can I call you hyung? I am Jaehyun.” Jaehyun, Doyoung’s boyfriend, shook his hand.

 

“And I am Sicheng, Ten’s boyfriend and yes I am flexible.” Sicheng said making Johnny laugh.

 

“Johnny’s pretty flexible too.” Kun remarked and it made Doyoung choke on his drink.

 

“is this normal?” Johnny asked and both Sicheng and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“Well now that you’re here, Kun can actually bite back with his own TMI.” Jaehyun chuckled.

 

“oh, I didn’t know this was an ongoing competition, you wouldn’t let me in the shower earlier!” Johnny said and that made Kun choke on his drink. “Easy babe, you weren’t choking last night.” Johnny added and Kun was perplexed at Johnny.        

 

“yepp, he fits right in.” Ten remarked with a laugh and everyone joined in the laughter.  “You’re okay with Johnny hyung’s past?” Ten asked Kun who nodded.

 

“Perfectly fine.” Kun answered truthfully. “johnny has his reasons and it only shows how he can stand on his own. Not like the others that I dated.” Kun answered and Johnny looked at him fondly.

 

“You two looks gross in love.” Doyoung commented.

 

“You looked like that when you started dating Jaehyun.” Ten remarked making Jaehyun laugh.

 

“A piece of advise Johnny hyung, do something to hurt kun ge, and you’ll end up missing and never to be found again.” Jaehyun said and Johnny nodded.

 

“I know, I met Taeyong and Yuta already. And Taeil hyung was scary as hell though.”  Johnny’s body shook as he retold the story making everyone laugh.

 

“You can’t blame us, we have such statuses that is coveted by a lot and would like to take advantage as well.” Jaehyun sighed and Doyoung held his hand tightly.

 

“completely understandable.” Johnny assured him.  “I had my last dance for Kun.” Johnny said proudly.

 

“what if I request a dance in the near future?” Kun asked and Johnny laughed.

 

“only for you, anytime you want.” Johnny replied making Kun smile wide and his dimple showing.

 

“gross. This is gross.” Doyoung threw a napkin at them making everyone laugh.