“I wouldn't do that if I were you.”

midnightshon's #Fictober2023
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N #1:

Here we go again. It's fictober again, and looks like I still cannot move on from soosic in this particular part of the imaginary world. And I think--I THINK--they deserve a bit of happiness after all the angst that I put them through. Also, it's 4am where I am right now; this story was barely edited so all grammar and spelling mistakes are mine.

--

A sequel to “We could have a chance.”

--

“Did you ever think that we could have a chance?”

.

When Jessica said she couldn’t come back, she had meant it. She’s not blind; she knew what Sooyoung had wanted from her. In another world, one so perfect Jessica would have no fear to chase after everything she wanted, that was what she’d wanted, too. Just not in this one. Everything was complicated here.

That was why when she saw Sooyoung standing in front of her room through the peak hole, Jesica almost cursed under her breath. She had the nerve, this Choi Sooyoung, to show up here—here, of all places, where there were eyes to witness.

“What are you doing here?”

Sooyoung let out a chuckle at her greeting. “Good afternoon, my dear. I missed you, too.”

“You can’t be in here,” Jessica protested, but that somehow transpired differently on Sooyoung’s end, because then she took the liberty to invite herself in and walked to the center of the room, casually passing Jessica in the process.

“Well, neither could you, yet you came to my hotel rooms anyway. Again, and again...” Sooyoung spun around, her expression disapproving. “Why is this rule only applied to me? Isn’t that a little unfair?”

“Sooyoung…”

“One talk—no, that was barely a talk. I asked you a question, you didn’t answer, and that was it. But yeah, one talk about the possibility of us putting a label on it, and you decided to push me away?”

Jessica paused. The words stung, but it’s nothing compared to seeing that smile on Sooyoung’s face and it not reaching her eyes.

She’d done it again.

She’d hurt Sooyoung once, and she did it again. She’d lost Sooyoung once, and she’s definitely gonna lose her again.

“You see,” Sooyoung continued, walking up to her, “I’m not some spare part that you could just swipe in or toss aside whenever you like. I’m—heck, I don’t know—what am I to you?”

Sooyoung stopped right bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter