Choose Life

Guardian Angel Code 142
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

I'm a very new fan of Jaehyun. I've been writing stories for years, it's just my first time writing a story with Jaehyun as the main character. 

I like fantasy, so I tried it. Please be open minded to read this. I hope at least a few people will like this. 

2,000 words, unedited.

**************************************

Heaven could be whatever you want it to be. It can look however you imagine it. However, the real heaven was actually like a city, and God was like a very busy CEO, with top-notch skill of time management, and dressed like a normal middle aged businessman.

He had an office at the top floor of a building in heaven.

One day, he got several reports of suicides in a country named South Korea. This had to stop. Or at least, it had to be reduced. What should he do?

Everyone had threads defining several things in their life. Each human carried a white thread within him or her. That thread defined how long he or she should live. Suicides disrupted everything. God already had definite and specific plans for everyone. Suicides messed up His plans, the people around the said person, and human nature in general.

The ability to decide when someone's life should end was supposed to reside only with Him.

It was His son turned Heathen Lucifer that created the evil thought of suicide within humans. Whispering the poisonous thoughts that one could end all sufferings by ending their own lives. Lucifer was treacherous and unbearably smart, forever tricking God on all the chances He got.

But these suicides, it had to end. Or be reduced. It's time for sending another guardian angel. He had thousands of them, yet he needed to keep adding them to protect humans. They could be so fragile, sometimes.

With a wave of His hand, God brought Guardian Angel 142. The man appeared out of thin air, still in his hunting gear.

"You look more like a demon than an angel, young man."

Angel 142 was a bit too careless when he spoke with God, his ultimate Boss.

The young man gave God a stern, wary look.

"Well, you ordered me to catch demons."

"And you've enjoyed it too immensely, I must say. You've become blood thirsty."

"I am merely doing my job."

"People died. Not because of the war, the disease or simply because it's their time. More and more people committed suicides lately. I need to dispatch special forces angels to stop them."

".........I'm trained to fight demons, not to be a guardian angel."

"There's too much blood on your hands."

"I destroyed demons! That's what you ordered me to do!"

"That's true, but if you do this too much, your essence will be corrupted, and you'll be the same like a demon. Merciless and cruel. Go to South Korea, be reborn as a human, then save people from ending their lives prematurely."

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"I need your help. Demons that influence the minds of people to give up and end their lives is one of the worst demons of all. Save as many people as you can, and I'll reward you with something big."

Angel 142 narrowed his eyes. "What kind of reward?"

"As long as it doesn't ruin me or my other creatures in any way, you can ask whatever you want."

"Alright. Three wishes."

".............how greedy!"

"Take it or leave it, My Lord."

God peered at him and finally sighed. "Fine. Three wishes, as long as it doesn't hurt any other creatures or Me too much. Now go and be reborn as a human. Remember, prevent suicides as much as you can."

The angel nodded, then disappeared.

********************************************************

Angel 142 was reborn as a human, with all his memories intact. His parents were good people, and he had grown to love them. He got to talk to God from time to time, and was assigned a supervisor, his name was Jung Yun Ho.

He even had his own name. A name he had to learn, instead of 142. Jaehyun. He had to get used to that name.

His supervisor told him to be an idol. The reason was to have more influence over the younger generation. A company where Yun Ho Hyung worked was named SM Entertainment. Somehow, Jaehyun could get accepted as well.

Aigoo, the training was so exhausting. He could survive because of his energy as an angel. It could be replenished much faster than humans. But he felt pity toward his human friends. They looked so beaten up at the end of each day. Yet, Jaehyun learnt that for them it was so important to do their best so they could debut. Why did they all want it so badly he couldn't really understand, but being with them day by day, he began to respect them one by one.

They were all good people who wanted to reach their dreams. Even in Heaven, it was one of the biggest points to ensure a place there.

After four long, monotonous years, combined with running around in his free time to save people from killing themselves, he was extra busy. What is it with South Korea? Why is there so much pressure there?

He knew how to create a temporary doppelganger of himself. When he had to train in SM but also had to save someone, he just said

Please log in to read the full chapter