Sirimiri

Sirimiri
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sirimiri : A light rain; A fine drizzle; Stronger than mist but less than a shower.

 

FRUITY ADVENTURE HOUSE (Jinki's & Taeyeon's Ice Cream Shop)

"Oppa... you really don't want to get married, do you?" Taeyeon said with a long sigh. She stood in front of the cash register while her stomach. She was already in her sixth month of pregnancy.

Taeyeon pulled out a chair and sat down, holding her waist. "Taemin-ssi is a good person, isn't he? What made you back out this time?" Taeyeon asked.

"Nice, funny, polite. But ...." Jinki stopped talking, sighed and stopped collecting empty cups and bowls to stare at Taeyeon.

"It's a little bit creepy. Every half an hour, he has to contact his mom for an update. Just remembering that, gives me goosebumps," Jinki said with a shudder as he hugged himself.

Taeyeon could only chuckle. "So... Taemin is a mama's boy. Then yesterday Kyungsoo was too short. Chanyeol was too tall. Kibum ... I even forget what the reason is. All those guys you rejected for all sorts of reasons. Oppa... there's no perfect guy in this world."

Jinki just smiled and grimaced at Taeyeon.

There is one. But unfortunately that guy doesn't like me back. My first love in high school was the best guy ever- Jinki replied silently.

"Taeyeon-ah, I'll take the trash out first," said Jinki as he pulled out a large bag of trash. Their dumping ground was in the alley next to Jinki and Taeyeon's ice cream shop.

***

A little girl was crying on the side of the road. Jinki, who had just taken out the trash, immediately approached the girl.

"Hello!" Jinki greeted the little girl. "Why are you crying? Where's your mom and dad?" asked Jinki.

The girl just shook her head while rubbing her eyes. The little girl looked at Jinki intently. Then, Jinki turned to look at the right and left. The streets were not so crowded and there were no people looking for any missing child. Jinki invited the little girl into their shop.

"Oppa, who's she?" Taeyeon asked when she saw the little girl that Jinki was carrying.

"I don't know. I think this child was separated from her parents," said Jinki as he sat the girl at one of the tables closest to the cashier area. Taeyeon, right away, got a cup of milk for the child.

"Here... drink this," Taeyeon said.

The girl smiled and said, "thank you," sweetly.

"Kyaa... so cute. I hope Bomul (treasure) will be as cute as you," said Taeyeon as she her belly.

"Bomul?" the little girl asked.

"This," said Taeyeon as she pointed to her growing belly. "That's the name of the fetus in Aunty's belly. What's your name?" Taeyeon asked.

"Naeun. Choi Naeun," the girl replied.

Jinki pulled out the chair in front of the child and sat on it. "Naeun-ah, where are your mom and dad?"

Naeun frowned and almost cried again. But the little girl tried hard to hold her tears.

"Just now... Naeun was walking with Daddy, holding Daddy's jacket. Then... there was a cute puppy on the side of the road. Naeun forgot and took off Daddy's jacket. So now Naeun is separated from Daddy. Hikss...," Naeun said with tears streaming down her face.

Jinki smiled and wiped Naeun's tears with his hand.

"Naeun-ah, can uncle take a look at your bag? There might be your father's phone number in there. So we can tell your dad that Naeun is here," Jinki pleaded.

Naeun handed over the black backpack that she always carried everywhere. Just as Jinki had expected, there was a small note with Naeun's guardian's phone number on it. Jinki took his cell phone and called the number on it.

- - -

Rrrrtt....Rrrrttt....

"Hello, good afternoon. We're from Fruity Adventure House. Is this Choi Naeun's father?" asked Jinki.

There was an indistinct and panicked voice from the other side.

"Hello, please .. calm down. Naeun is here and fine. You can pick up Naeun at the address that I will send via message," said Jinki trying to calm him down.

"Okay... okay... Naeun is here, safe and not crying. We'll wait. Thank you."

- - -

"Thank you Uncle for not telling Daddy that I was crying," said Naeun. Taeyeon and Jinki smiled at the little girl's innocent words.

Why does Naeun daddy's voice sound so familiar? - said Jinki to himself.

KRIETTT... TING!

The door of Fruity Adventure House opened. A young man rushed in.

"Daddy!!!" Naeun shouted as she approached the man.

Jinki immediately recognized the figure. The man of his high school first love. Jinki reflexively hid behind the cashier counter.

"Thank you for helping Naeun" said the man while carrying Naeun.

"Ah... of course. How could we leave such a cute little girl as Naeun alone on the street," said Taeyeon.

"We?" the man asked.

Taeyeon immediately looked back and didn't find Jinki there.

"There was also an uncle here, Daddy," Naeun explained. The man nodded and kissed Naeun's cheek. He looked genuinely relieved that Naeun had been found.

"Please pass on my regards to your colleague as well. I'm Choi Minho. I work at the game development company in a building two blocks from here," Minho said as he handed over his business card.

"Is there anything I can do to repay your kindness?" asked Minho.

"Hahaha... no need... we're just doing what we should doo. Take good care of Naeun and don't lose her again," said Taeyeon.

Minho bowed and then said goodbye.

"Aunty... thank you," Naeun said.

"Come here again sometimes, Naeun-ah," said Taeyeon while waving her hand.

***

KNOCK KNOCK

Taeyeonn knocked on the counter after seeing Jinki hiding underneath. "What's wrong with you?" she asked with a probing look.

"Ha..haha...haha... this pen fell," said Jinki while acting like he was looking for something on the floor.

KNOCK KNOCK

Taeyeon pointed at the cashier. "There's a pen over there," she said while looking sharply at Jinki. Jinki was a weird person. But this time he's weird in a weird way.

Jinki stood up and smiled grimly then went to the back room for washing the dirty bowls and glasses.

***

MINI MART

The clock struck at 11:00 pm. Jinki was starving in the middle of the night. He decided to buy some foods at the convenience store. Dressed in a simple t-shirt, long pants, with cellphone and jacket, Jinki went to the mini mart in his residence area. He dressed like a  hobo.

At the mini mart, Jinki bought and ate instant noodles. Before going back home, Jinki decided to buy some snacks supplies too. Since he was the only visitor at that time, He looked around rather leisurely.

While Jinki was looking around, there was another visitor who immediately entered the convenience store. The new visitor asked something to the shopkeeper. His voice sounded familiar. Jinki looked back at the new visitor. Their eyes met. That person, turned out, to be Choi Minho.

Jinki immediately turned around but it was too late. Minho had already seen him and seemed to recognize Jinki.

"You're... Lee Jinki, right? Sungjin High School class 3-2?" asked Minho as he walked closer.

Having no way out, Jinki gave up and responded to Minho's greeting.

"Ehh... yes," Jinki replied.

Minho looked at Jinki with a surprised yet pleased expression. "Jinki-ah, how are you? I'm Minho. Choi Minho. Do you remember me?"

Jinki smiled while nodding.

"Hi Minho-ah. I'm good," Jinki replied briefly. His heart was beating too fast. He felt like he had to run away from that uncomfortable encounter.

"You live around here?" asked Minho.

Jinki didn't want any small talk any longer. He replied, "haha... yes. Just came out to buy this," while picking up whatever thing that was nearby. "I'll go first," said Jinki hurriedly without paying attention to what thing that he took.

"Here," said Jinki while giving the item he took carelessly from the shelf earlier. It turned out that Jinki took a box of condoms. His face was bright red. He tried to cover his face from Minho's sight. Jinki also tried to stay cool, paid and took the item withhim.

After being outside, he immediately ran

Please log in to read the full chapter