4.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“I broke up with her. I'm going to marry you.” He said without a hint of hesitation. I abruptly stood up and stared at him.

 

“Are you for real? We can figure this out together and instead of helping me, you decided to hurt your girlfriend! What have you done?!” I yelled at him.

 

“Do you really think we can escape from this? Let's just accept the reality and this is the reality. We'll still end up marrying each other.” Jungsoo shook his head, accepting his defeat.

 

“But—”

 

“I'm tired. I don't want to talk about this one anymore. I'll go upstairs first.” He cut me off as he rose up from his seat and went upstairs, leaving me behind. 

 

I sat down and picked up my phone. I immediately called Donghae because I need someone to talk to or else I'd lose my mind if I keep everything. 

 

“Your cat is fine—”

 

“He broke up with her.”

 

“What?”

 

“Jungsoo broke up with his girlfriend and decided to marry me.”

 

“The ?! He really did that?” 

 

“Yes. He's a red flag! A walking red flag.”

 

“So tell me how you feel now?”

 

“Feel so guilty and feel bad for her. She doesn't deserve any of it. Should I see her?”

 

“You really want? She might slap the hell out of you once she sees you.”

 

“Hae, this isn't right.”

 

“But for him, it is. You two are being trapped and he knows there's nothing he can do.”

 

“Hae..”

 

“He's your future husband. Just accept the reality and try to make things work between the two of you. Since you guys are living together, you will able to know him and who knows, maybe your relationship with him works. I'm not saying you can ignore his ex, I'm saying at the end of the day, he still ends up with you.”

 

“....”

 

“If it still doesn't feel right or it doesn't work, running away is your last option but the question is, are you willing to leave everything behind?”

 

 

The next morning, I woke up early and he was still inside his room. I bet he's preparing himself going to work. I cooked our breakfast and set up the table. While I was downstairs, I heard him closing his door and finally made his way downstairs. Our eyes met and as usual, he was looking good and neat wearing his suit.

 

 “Let's have breakfast together.” I said and smiled but he only avoided me.

 

“I prefer ordering coffee than having my breakfast at home. I don't eat that much.” He replied, fixing his tie. I wanted to get mad at him, he should've told me!

 

“I can make you one if you can still wait.”

 

“No need. I don't want to be late. Don't bother yourself preparing our dinner. I'm eating outside. See you later.” Jungsoo informed me and left without even giving me a look.

 

Once he left, I picked up the food I prepared and threw it away. I already lost my appetite. He's so unbelievable! I'm trying to be nice and a good soon to be husband but he keeps bullting me. Well it's only a day, there's a plenty of time to get him know better.

 

He's going through a heartbreak and I know it's not easy—he needs to heal and be alone. I also need time to adjust myself and maybe try to fit in with him. Oh hell, the things I can do to make this work isn't easy but I'll try to do it.

 

I'm at home the whole day and I don't have any plans because my friends are busy working. I do sometimes want to work but my parents are against of that idea. I think they are waiting for the right time and preparing me to handle our company soon so they want me to enjoy my time because I know once I start working, I'm not able to do the things I used to do.

 

I watched random movies, played some music but I ended up going out alone. Yesterday we both saw a park near us so I'm planning to go there and play with kids because I can't bear the boredness anymore.

 

I got there and the park was empty. It seems like the kids are still at home so I pouted my lips and sat down on an empty bench. I looked around and the silence was so uncomfortable; I didn't stay long and just went to a nearby convenience store. I haven't eaten yet so I decided to buy food and eat there than going home.

 

“Do you mind if I join you?” Someone approached me. I looked up at him and blinked a few times. 

 

“S-sure.” I responded. He sat down next to me and unwrapped the food he had. I tried to mind my own business but he started talking to me. 

 

“Are you new here? This is my first time I've seen you.” He asked me. 

 

“I just moved here yesterday.”

 

“Really? With whom?” 

 

That question caught me off guard and nervously shallow my food. My heart was beating so fast and I couldn't find a way to give him a proper answer. Should I say I'm with my fiancé? No. That's so fast—I mean me calling him as my fiancé. 

 

“I'm with my friend.” I lied. 

 

“A friend? That sounds interesting.” He chuckled. 

 

“Really?” I laughed, I could feel my sweat dripping but ignored it. We ate together and we also talked. He's nice and I feel comfortable around him. After we ate, we went back to the park and the kids were there, playing around.

 

I got so excited seeing them and I approached some of them while the guy only followed me behind. 

 

“Uncle Kyunghoon!!!” A kid excitedly shouted someone's name and I thought she was staring at me but she was looking behind me. I turned around and saw the guy smiling at her.

 

“Long time no see!” He softly said and walked towards her. He knelt down and caressed her cheeks, she flashed a smile on her face.

 

“Who is that beautiful person?” Finally, the girl turned his attention to me and pointed me out.

 

“Introduce yourself.” He said while still smiling.

 

“I'm Heechul, his friend.” I replied and she waved her hand. I did the same thing and we played together.

 

The little girl is with us the whole time and she's obviously enjoying our company especially Kyunghoon. It seems like they've known each other for long and she's comfortable with him. We kinda get along and her name is Ola. What a cute name.

 

“Oh I have to go home now.” She said, standing up.

 

“Do you want us to bring you home?” Kyunghoon asked her.

 

“Uncle, no need. I'm a big girl and my house

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter