Never settle

Bad romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During lunch Yu Karina looked at their friends who were open mouthed. She smiled at their funny expressions.

 

"A woman...." Ningning whispered covering .

 

"How could that person treat you like that?"  Ryujin asked surprised

 

"Why are you even smiling when you think about it?" Yunjin asked with a frown, while Ningning and Yeji remained quiet. They just couldn't believe what they were hearing. 

 

Karina sighed "Well, I won't deny that her cold treatment disappointed me, however just when things turned very ugly i was reminded that i knew her heart." she answered as she thought about that sunny day...

 

--------

 

Sweating inside a pucca head, a 16 year old Yu Karina handed flyers of a store to the college students that passed by, but them ignored her and would move her hand away and hurry to class. 

 

Nobody would take a second to grab it and see what was it about. They were so busy and rude and it made her sad and upset cause she shouldn't be working. She was only a 16 year old that only wanted to have fun with her friends. 

 

She sighed as she thought about her mother dealing with her illness "No, i have to do this." she said, trying to cheer herself up. She looked at the puppy sleeping next to her so calmly. "I also need to find you a good owner. I can't keep hiding you." she talked to herself. 

 

Ready to being again, she greeted the group of students passing. She smiled as they took a second to look at her. 

 

"What's this?" One asked, while her friend read the paper in hand. 

 

"This is garbage! How old do they think we are 5?" Another asked making an airplane to throw it to the pucca in front of him. 

 

Karina wanted to say something, but an arm wrapped around her neck "It must be awful working like this everyday. You must be some loser who wasn't capable of getting into college" she said, mocking her. 

 

"Look at her shoes! You don't have money? Are you a woman? If you're pretty oppa will buy lots of things"

 

"Guys, we need to go!" 

 

The woman made Karina drop her flyers before leaving with her friends. They laughed as they talked about what they did. 

 

The 16 year old couldn't help to cry inside of her pucca head, she felt so inferior to everyone. She didn't understand why she had to suffer so much when others had it so easy. 

 

Not being able to stop crying, she pulled her puppy by the leash waking him up to walk to the bus stop where she sat to cry, feeling so helpless.

 

Unexpectedly, someone else approached her. She seemed worried with all the flyers in her hands "Don't listen to them, you're doing great by doing what you need. So, don't let them set a roof on you and continue without holding back because when you're constant good things happen." she said, getting on her knee in front of the pucca to grab something of her backpack. 

 

A surprised Karina only looked at the college student in front of her as she calmed herself. Her words made her feel better and somehow warmed her heart.
 

Heat got to her cheeks as she looked at the pretty and nice college student in front of her. Her shiny eyes and dimples were so cute.. 

 

"Here.. I bought these a few days ago." She let out, giving her puupy some dog treats. "He's so cute!" she said, patting him excitedly like a kid.

 

"He's.. not..." 

 

The student looked at her "Does it have a name?" she asked with a smile as the puppy got on her two legs wanting to her face cause she loved the treat. 

 

"No... I have to look for a good owner." Pucca answered shyly. 

 

The college student caressed the dog behind her ears "It's a pity. Don't you want to keep it?" she asked playing with the puppy as this one smelled her hands. 

 

"I can't.."

 

The student could sense the sadness in her words, however she continued to have bright smile on her face "Promise me something. Promise me that you will always say what you feel and do what you need. Never have regrets, no matter if things don't go your way. You will keep trying, and never settle until you get what you want." she told her warmly before pulling out new shoes from her bag

 

Karina couldn't believe her eyes. She didn't understand where she came from or why her heart was racing so much. It was crazy how her face was burning now for such as act of kindness from a stranger who saw her struggle despite her costume. "She must be an angel." she thought as sun made her face clearer.

 

"It wasn't my intention to look at you, but your puppy is cute. So please. Promise me to live a life with positivity while giving your best.  Don't allow yourself to fail at you"  She said with a smile that made Karina dizzy as she offered some brand new converse shoes. 

 

How was it possible that those words resonated in her head and in her heart? Those were the kind of words of support Karina needed in an awful sunny day like this. There was no doubt the woman in front of her was an angel sent to her after working so hard.

 

"MINJEONG! HURRY UP!" Someone yelled waking Kairna up of her trance. 


The college student stoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter