(5) Repetition Of Broken Hearts

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Repetition Of Broken Hearts

 

Soori spent her day at the hair shop in Gangnam, the hairstylist almost finished his job in creating a new look for her. She looks satisfied with her new hair color and hairstyle. She even for a moment forgot about how awful her morning was with Yi Hwan.

“How did you know?” Yi Hwan.

“I was there, watching you open the door for her, and left. The two of you.” Soori. Yi Hwan knows that lies never bring any good to it, he should listen and follow his mother very well. And now the cat is out of the bag, he has to deal with the consequences.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t lie from the beginning. But I really didn’t know if she was working in the company, especially as one of my team. I also just found out about it on my first day at the company.” Yi Hwan.

“Then why didn't you tell me about her? Three of us were waiting at the same elevator before, I even gave my shoes to her because I felt bad seeing her heels.” Soori.

“What should I say? Chagiya, this is Ah Reum she is one of my team and also my ex-girlfriend. Like that?  What good would come from that?” Yi Hwan. Soori keeps her lips tight as she also understands his explanation, but still, it feels wrong to her. Yi Hwan took her hand and held it tight.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. But please understand my situation.” Yi Hwan.

“Then where were you and her last night?” Soori.

“She has a brother, he was treated for a brain tumor, butterfly tumor, at the treatment facility in Asan. She receives a phone call that her brother was having a seizure in the evening. So she rushed there, but I just couldn't let her go alone because she tripped and stumbled just leaving the office. That’s when she is in a panic, so I decided to drive her. But then you called, and I really couldn’t find the perfect explanation for that at that moment, so I lied. I’m sorry.” Yi Hwan. Soori knows why it is called a butterfly tumor, it sticks to both sides of the brain which makes it hard to operate and in most cases, doctors won’t suggest surgery, but give them medication to prolong their lifeline, although it’s far from heal. After that, she didn’t say anything again to Yi Hwan but she also declined his offer to do a golf date, he and Hyesung promised to play golf together today, and Hyesung said will bring Ryujin to the field. And he wants to take Soori along with him. 

 

“You look so dashing with this new look.” The owner of the hair shop styled her himself, and he looks very satisfied with his work.

“I am. You always do a very great job, no wonder your hair shop is famous.” Soori knows this place from Song Yi and Ae Rin.

“No...no…. I only do a little. Your amazing looks make it look pretty. You are beautiful, just like your sister.” Park Chung Won knows Song Yi very well. As he also works with many famous idols and actors.

“Sajang-nim, your next appointment is here.” the assistant informed Chung Won.

“Oh right. Soori-shi I’m so sorry but my assistant will do the finishing for you, I have to meet my customer now.” Chung Won.

“Eo, it’s fine oppa. I’m so sorry for coming without an appointment and making you work my hair.” Soori apologized.

“No...no...no… don’t say that. You can always come anytime. I will personally do your hair every time you come.” Chung Won is known as a loyal person that always takes care of his customers very well. That’s why he has a successful business.

“Hyung!! It’s me…. I just dyed my hair a few months ago, but I want it black now.” Soori knows the voice, she looks back and finds Seungcheol there. Seungcheol is surprised to see her with her new look.

“What happened to your hair???!!!!! And why is it so…… mixed? Is it okay for you to have that style? To work?” Seungcheol is surprised to see the long beautiful hair and her dark copper dyed hair now turns into pretty mixed black and gray dyed hair.

“Why? Why can't she have this hairstyle?” Chung Won asked.

“She is a surgeon, hyung.” Seungcheol.

“Why can’t I have this look? It looks fine to me. He even said, "I'm pretty with this look.” Soori.

“You are…. Very pretty. I'm just worried.” Seungcheol is actually speechless to see her new look, she looks very pretty in his eyes, prettier than before.

“Do you know her? Do you know him?” Chung Won asked both of them.

“They are neighbors.” Jeonghan shows up between them. Seungcheol came with Jeonghan, Joshua, Woozi, and Wonwoo as they are preparing their new album, so they have to change their hair color based on the album concept.

“Hey… you have a new hairstyle. You look pretty by the way.” Joshua greets her right away, and Seungcheol glares at him; he doesn't like Joshua praising her like that. The members realize the changes on Seungcheol's face as Joshua compliments Soori’s new look; they look at each other and smirk.

“You look so pretty by the way, what if we went to drink together later?” Jeonghan casually asks.

“Yes… that’s right I will be so happy to be seen with a pretty girl like you.” Joshua adds they are holding their laughs seeing how irritated Seungcheol is right now because of them.

“Wahh, you are so good at talking sweetly. No wonder many girls are crazy about you both. I was so fluttered seconds ago.” Soori laughs.

“Yah… we have a very tight schedule, go and get your hair done. And you… why do you get so flustered because of some cheap talking like that.” Seungcheol scolds everyone.

“Why?? Why can’t they praise me? I won’t mind getting compliments from handsome men like them. Besides, it's my feelings and my looks so it’s up to me whether I get flustered or not.” Soori talks back to Seungcheol. Seungcheol is surprised that she talks back to him like that, it’s the first time for him to hear someone talk back to him other than Jeonghan, Joshua and the others laugh at them. He glares at Soori then s, and everyone just avoids his gaze in sync.

“Is your stomach okay? Did you get a bad hangover this morning?” Seungcheol talks to Soori after s and her say goodbye and promise to have a meal together later on.

“Thank you for the breakfast. I owe you a meal.” Soori is about to pay but then Seungcheol gives his card to the cashier.

“You don’t have to pay for it. Just use…” Seungcheol just pushed her card back into her wallet.

“I will pay for it.” Seungcheol stares at her and somehow Soori just follows his wants and it feels good to her. She gets into her car with Seungcheol keeps following her and makes sure she gets into her car safely,

“Seatbelt.” Seungcheol sees Soori hasn’t put on her seatbelt but is texting someone named Ryujin.

“Okay..” Soori replies with a smile then she puts down her phone and puts on her seat belt. 

“Where will you go from here?” Seungcheol tries to divert his eyes from her, she looks so cute replying to him before and he almost lets his hand touch her hair.

“Hmm… I need to do groceries, my fridge is empty. Also, I want to practice the bread recipe that I got last week. That Japanese bread thing. I need to buy some flour and other ingredients.” Soori. Seungcheol remembers the stack of sauces and herbs in her kitchen, she really is good at cooking.

“Be careful. Text me if you are already home.” Seungcheol said before he closed the door. Soori puzzles hearing that and as she is driving she looks in her mirror and finds Seungcheol waiting for her until she leaves the alley before he goes inside the hair shop.

“Why do I feel like being sent by a boyfriend?” Soori asks herself, remembering how affectionate Seungcheol was to her.

“She has a boyfriend Seungcheol-ah. Get yourself together!!” Seungcheol hit his own head.

 

Soori finishes her groceries, she is checking her phone and finds a lot of texts from Yi Hwan. He sent a lot of pictures, memes, and emojis saying how much he is sorry for his stupid behavior. 

“Chagiya please forgive me, now even Ryujin told Hyesung to not play with a liar like me again. I really will die because of loneliness if you leave me too. Forgive me.” 

“I love you. And I was so stupid to make mistakes like that. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.”

“Why don't you reply to my text? Chagiya….. I’m so sorry.” 

Soori smiles while reading his texts and sees all the funny pictures he sent. She then decided to forgive him and have a lovely date with him tonight. And as she is about to start the engine, her phone buzzes again. It’s Yi Hwan’s mom.

“Yes, eomoni.”

“Ah… no, I’m not at work. It's the weekend. I just finished my groceries.”

“Sure, I can do it. I will send the pictures after I arrive there.”

Soori ends the phone call and she starts driving. After 15 minutes of driving she arrives at Yi Hwan’s apartment. His mother called her and asked her to take a picture of Yi Hwan’s kitchen as she wants to start renovating it. The house was purposely to be Soori and Yi Hwan’s house after they marry. His mother already asked a week ago but Yi Hwan keeps forgetting about it and making excuses, she said. She walks with happy steps. She is already picturing some of the kitchen designs that she loves, she will talk about it with her future mother-in-law later. She arrives at the unit and starts pressing the code, she and Yi Hwan use the date when they first meet each other as the password. But the password was wrong, she tried to press it again, and it was still wrong. She visited this unit before Yi Hwan came back to Seoul and the password is still the same. She takes out her phone while still trying to open the door.

“Oppa, has the password changed?” Soori asks right away.

“What password? Where are you now? I’m on my way to your house, I miss you terribly. Please forgive me.” Yi Hwan.

“I’m in front of your house.” Soori still doesn't understand why the password doesn’t work.

“My house? Cheongdamdong? Why?” Yi Hwan.

Please log in to read the full chapter