Hesitation Marks

Hesitation Marks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The general public has always assumed Hyoyeon and Taeyeon are the awkward couple of SNSD when they are much closer than they are letting the people know. They have been living in the dorm for years before Taeyeon decided to move out a couple of years ago. The only person living in the dorm is Hyoyeon and Yuri but the girls’ places are relatively closer to one another so they often do not feel the distance between them.

Taeyeon is probably the farthest from the dorm relative to the other girls.

One night, the shoot ended so late, and Taeyeon was too exhausted to go home. Hyoyeon offered to let her stay at the dorm, just for tonight. Yuri was not home when they got to the dorm since her schedule is tightly packed, leaving the two of them. Taeyeon’s old room was in the process of renovation so her only choice was on the couch or in Hyoyeon’s room (if she is to offer). The couch was comfortable. Sure, there have been numerous times when Hyoyeon fell asleep on that couch and never gained a stiff muscle upon waking up. But she thought the bed would be much more comfortable.

So, she offered. Taeyeon was hesitant, at first. She was too afraid of the closeness that could give an avenue to create awkwardness between the two of them. She has slept beside the girls before, even cuddling them on more than one occasion. But never Hyoyeon though. They hug, cling onto the other’s arms, hold hands, but never sleep beside each other. I wonder why, Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon agreed. On the right side of the bed was Taeyeon and on the left side was Hyoyeon. There is a considerable gap between the two of them like two charged particles that could create a spark once touched. But it is better this way, Hyoyeon thought.

Taeyeon snores and Hyoyeon could not sleep. Not because of the soft noises that come out of Taeyeon but the bothering distance between them that has been reduced to half. Apparently, Taeyeon not only snores but also moves a lot when she sleeps. Hyoyeon was lying on her back but her head is turned to her right, glancing at the girl who is currently turning to her side, facing her. As a reflex, she turned her body as well and faced the sleeping Taeyeon.

To say that Taeyeon is adorable is an understatement. The sleeping Taeyeon once again let out a soft snore which made Hyoyeon chuckles. She started to think of the girls all of a sudden. If this is Yuri or Sooyoung snoring beside her, there is a 100% chance that she would kick them out of her bed. But Sooyoung does not snore, as she says. Tiffany does not snore, or maybe she was too sleepy to even bother to know. If Yoona or Sunny snores, she would probably turn her head and just cover her ears as she sleeps. Maybe the only person she would allow to snore beside her is their maknae, Seohyun. She loves her maknae too much, that girl is her pride.

So she thought, why does Taeyeon get to snore beside me? And I am not even annoyed. I am… amused?

The last thing she witness before closing her eyes was a faint smile on Taeyeon’s lips.

The girls decided to gather at Taeyeon’s place because they couldn’t pull her out of the house. The girls have noticed her becoming more aloof towards them and they know that something is wrong. Hyoyeon was the first to notice when Taeyeon barely said a word when they both went to the company the other day. She texted Sooyoung and Tiffany because she knows they are the planners and the managers of the group.

When the girls arrived, Taeyeon’s mood is suddenly lifted. She is too exhausted the past few weeks and barely has time for herself or the activities she used to enjoy. But she doesn’t tell the girls that and she has only seen one member within the past few weeks. So, when everyone was engaged in their own conversation, Taeyeon wrapped her arms around their main dancer and whispered Thank you in her ear.

After some time, the girls had to leave one by one due to their schedules. She thanked the girls for coming and cheering her up. Her mood was not lifted entirely but it did get better. She closed the door after her last member walked out the door. When she turned towards her living room, she saw a familiar blonde picking up the trash that was left by her members and throwing it to the nearest bin. Taeyeon did not move; she was watching the other girl with much fascination and she doesn’t know why.

The other girl noticed staring and laughed. She made her way towards the couch and motioned her to sit down beside her which Taeyeon did immediately. When no one said a word, the other girl started to tell her about her day, then it was about her DJ gig, then it was about a friend from before that is now pregnant and many more. Taeyeon did not say a word except the usual flat reactions. But she didn’t need to. And Hyoyeon knows that.

The night was deep already, and Taeyeon hates to send Hyoyeon home so she asked her to stay the night. Hyoyeon was aware of the risk of going home alone at night so she accepted. If she is being honest, she does not want to leave at all. Hyoyeon even invited herself into Taeyeon’s bedroom. Taeyeon gave her a pair of pajamas that she could change into. Hyoyeon was on the left and Taeyeon was on the right when they were both lying down. A few minutes into talking, Hyoyeon noticed that Taeyeon was not responding anymore. She glanced to her right and saw Taeyeon sleeping soundly. She chuckled to herself as she removed the hair that was blocking Taeyeon’s face and tucked it behind her ears.

Looking back, the two of them started on a slightly rough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter