Chapter Twelve

Hello Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yerim found herself standing in the middle of unfamiliar scene. The walls of the house seemed to close in on her as the air grew dense with tension. It was like stepping back in time, into an old home where her parents were still young and deeply in love. But now, they were arguing, their voices echoing through her ears. Yerim heart sank as she watched her parents engage in a heated exchange.

 

“Who is he?” her father demanded, his face is angry but his voice is so calm.

 

In this dream, she can already see his father's face cleary. 

 

“What are you talking about?” her mother asked, her voice soft and collected.

 

“I saw you with another man, Joohyun.” her father continued, his eyes narrowing. “I saw him touching you, and you just let him! Is he the reason why you've been acting cold to me lately. Are you cheating on me?!” 

 

Her mother was shocked, hurt, and above all, angry. 

 

“How could you accuse me of that?! I would never cheat on you Nadech!” her mother angrily answered, her eyes burning with tears.

 

Their normally cheerful faces were stained with frustration and hurt. The words they hurled at each other were sharp and piercing, leaving wounds that seemed to cut deeper with each passing moment. It was almost as if the very foundation of their relationship was crumbling before her eyes. 

 

“Mommy... Daddy... please stop f—fighting..” 

 

She desperately wanted to intervene, to make them realize the love they had for each other but she felt powerless in this dream-like state. All she could do was observe as the argument escalated, threatening to break the bond her parents had spent years nurturing.

 

Yerim couldn't take it anymore, she suddenly crouched down then cover her ears with her hands, trying to block out the sound of her parents' arguing and tears had been going on. Yerim felt a lump form in . She wanted to cry, so she held back, her eyes squeezed shut, trying to will the arguing to stop. She could feel the sound of her heart pounding in her chest, and her hands began to shake.

 

“Please let me wake up in this b—bad dream..” she whispered.

 

She closed her eyes and focused all her energy on waking up. She tried to force herself to sit up, to open her eyes and shake off the dream. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't seem to rouse herself. 

 

“Please.. wake up! wake up Yerim!”

 

Suddenly, a loud noise burst through the dreamscape, jolting Yerim awake. She sat up with a start, gasping for air. She looked around, confused and saw that she was in her bedroom with Seulgi and Wendy who are now looking at her worriedly.

 

“Okay ka lang Yerimie?” 

 

Nagising siya dahil sa ingay na nangga-galing sa dalawang taong nasa tabi niya na pilit siyang ginigising sa pagkakatulog.

 

“Nanaginip ka kaya ginising ka namin.” wika ni Wendy.

 

Yerim collapsed back onto her pillow, relief washing over her. Thank god, she had finally woken up.

 

“Anong oras na ba, kanina pa ba ko tulog?” tanong niya. Kinuha agad niya ang kanyang phone at nagulat siya ng mapagtantong 2 a.m na ng madaling sa araw.

 

“Oo, ang haba ng tulog mo after ng crying session mo sa van kanina.” nasapo naman niya ang kanyang noo ng maalala yung biglang pag iyak niya sa van at sa harapan pa ng kanyang mommy.

 

“Hindi ka na nakakain ng dinner sa sobrang pagod mo kanina, kaya hinayaan ka na lang namin na magkapag-pahinga na muna.” dagdag pa ni Seulgi. 

 

Speaking of dinner, bigla siya nakaramdam ng pagkulo ng tiyan, mula kasi ng makauwi sila kanina ay bigla siya nakaramdam ng pagkahilo kaya agad siya dumiretso sa kwarto upang umidlip lang ng sandali pero dahil na rin sa pagod ay napadiretso na ang pagtulog niya.

 

Napatingin naman sa dalawa na ngayon ay nagtatawanan na habang ang mga ito ay nag uusap. Napakunot naman ang kanyang noo ng mapansin, wala ang kanyang mommy.

 

“Tulog na ba si Joohyun unnie? At hindi pa ba kayo inaantok na dalawa, madaling araw na ah?” tanong niya sa mga ito.

 

“We can't sleep, na home sick kami bigla.” wika ni Seulgi. Tumango naman siya biglang sagot at tumayo sa pagkakahiga.

 

“Where are you going?” tanong ng dalawa ng mapansin palabas na siya ng kwarto.

 

“Puntahan ko lang saglit si Joohyun unnie sa kwarto niya.” sagot naman niya. 

 

“She's not here Yerimie.” agad na wika ni Wendy sa kanya. Natigilan naman siya sa sinabi nito, may pagtatanong sa kanyang mukha na agad naman sinagot ng dalawa.

 

“Nagpaalam siya sa kanina na magkikita raw sila ng childhood friend niya from Daegu.” 

 

From Daegu? 

 

Yerim's mind raced with another past memories that had flooded back to her. She remembered her mother had a childhood friend in Daegu. This friend had been like a sister to her mother. They had grown up together in the same small village, and running around the village streets until they part ways when her mother became an idol trainee in Seoul.

 

“Her name is Haneul right.” she answered. Napatigil naman ang dalawa sa kanilang ginagawa at may pagtataka siyang tinitigan ng mga ito.

 

“How did you know her name?” Seulgi curiously asked.

 

A wave of emotion washed over her, all the memories came flooding back to her. “Unnies, i remembered everything,” she said with a trembling voice. “Kilala ko na kung sino ang daddy ko.” Tears began to stream down her face as she realized that all the answers she needs are have been in front of her all along..

 

“Kilala ko na ang daddy ko matagal na! Yung lalaking nasa billboard na nakita natin kanina, siya ang totoo kong daddy.” she frustratedly said. 

 

 

Yerim began to share her incredible encounter that she just had with her father before. Simula, noong unang araw niya sa mortal world ay kaagad niyang nakilala ang kanyang daddy, kung papaano siyang niligtas nito sa matandang lalaki na nagtangka ng masama sa kanya at kung paano siya sinamahan nito noong naliligaw siya at sa hindi nito pag iwan sa kanya.

 

“How could you not remember his face when we saw him on the billboard earlier Yerim, kung matagal mo na pala siyang kilala noon..” napapailing naman na wika ni Seulgi.

 

How could she forget him? He was the one who had left an indelible mark on her heart.

 

She explained that he looked different now, he look matured, he had an air of confidence and strength that made him seem almost intimidating and also his body built like captain america! But still, he even more handsome than she remembered.

 

She also share about the tulips na lagi nito dala-dala sa tuwing nagkikita sila..

 

“Tulips is Joohyun unnie's favourite flower.” Wendy said. 

 

She sighed deeply, she is disappointed at herself. Binalewala niya lang ang lahat ng mga sagot na nasa harap na niya noon pa, matagal na sana niya nasagot ang kanyang mga katanungan ng makita ang daddy niya noon sa venue kung saan pareho nilang pinapanood ang debut stage ng Red Velvet and that look in his eyes while watching someone on the stage like he is longing for her. At ang paghingi nito ng favor sa kanya upang maiabot ang flowers na dala-dala nito.

 

It was for her mommy all along..

 

And as for her mommy, she saw the pain and longing in her eyes nang makita niya itong may binabasa na letter after niya maibigay ang dalang flowers na ipina-aabot ng kanyang daddy.

 

Wala siyang lakas na loob ng tanungin ito noong panahon na iyon at iniisip na baka ma-invade na niya ang personal na buhay nito kapag nagtanong pa siya. Hanggang sa nakalimutan niya na lang ang mga pangyayari at hindi na muli ito naalala pa.

 

“Okay, so Joohyun unnie and the billboard guy— Nadech are ex lovers?” Wendy asked. Tumango naman siya biglang sagot rito.

 

“You know, hindi rin natin alam about Joohyun unnie's past na may meron pa lang siyang ex boyfriend from Thailand dahil hindi naman siya nagkwe-kwento sa atin pero ang cool naman nito!” dagdag na wika ni Seulgi na para bang namamangha pa ito sa mga nalaman tungkol sa kanilang unnie.

 

Suddenly, an idea popped on Wendy's head. “Let's search about your dad Yerimie.” 

 

Yerim and Seulgi immediately sticks on Wendy's side and began scouring on the internet about the information of Nadech Kugimiya, her real father.

 

“His birthday is on December 17 and he is also a 91 liner, same age with our Joohyun unnie...” 

 

Nagpatuloy lang sila sa pag search tungkol rito at napamangha si Yerim sa daming achievements ng kanyang daddy. Top rated series, blockbuster movies, so many endorsement with different brands and his awards? He received 170 awards alone, how cool is that! Her dad does a lot of charity work too.

 

Yerim can't help but to fangirl over her dad.

 

“My dad is super rich, famous and so handsome.” she deeply sighed. Hindi naman mapigilang tumawa ng malakas nina Seulgi at Wendy dahil sa reaction ng kanilang maknae.

 

Ngunit napatigil lang sila sa pagtawa ng may napansin si Yerim na article tungkol sa daddy niya at sa isang magandang thai actress.

 

Her dad is rumored to be in a relationship with a beautiful actress.. 

 

Yerim was dumbfounded with this new information and it felt like a punch to the gut for her.

 

Mabilis naman pinatay ni Wendy ang kanyang phone para hindi na mabasang muli ni Yerim ang article na kanilang nakita.

 

Heart sinking as she keep thinking about her dad's rumored relationship with someone else.

 

What about her mommy now..?

 

It seemed like he had already moved on and was happy with someone else. Yerim felt like her heart was breaking apart, the pieces scattering to the wind.

 

“Yerimie, don't think about it! It's just a rumor okay, hindi naman na-confirm yung relationship niya with that actress.” pag aalo naman ni Wendy sa kanyang maknae. Hindi rin siya sigurado sa kanilang nabasa kung may katotohanan ba o wala. Ayaw niyang makitang nasasaktan ang kanilang maknae.

 

“Paano kung totoo yun, na hindi isang rumor lang..” Yerim whispered, tears suddenly swelled in her eyes. Kaagad naman niyakap ng dalawa ang kanilang maknae.

 

“Dont jump on the conclusion, hindi natin alam kung may katotohanan ba yung article na nakita natin. Malay mo fake news lang yun.” dagdag na wika naman ni Seulgi. Napatango na lang si Yerim ayaw na niya pahabain ang pag uusap tungkol sa rumored relationship ng daddy niya. Kahit nasasaktan siya pipilitin niya wag itong alalahanin dahil kung titingnan nila ang sitwasyon, meron chance main-love ang kanyang daddy sa iba dahil sa tagal na ng hiwalay ito sa kanyang mommy. Kasalanan niya ang lahat ng ito, kung hindi lang siya naging pasaway at nagpumilit na bumaba sa mundo ng mga tao ay baka ngayon ay masaya na nagsasama ang kanyang parents.

 

“Anong nang gagawin ko unnies? Paano ko mapaglalapit yung parents ko kung sobrang layo na nila sa isa't-isa?”

 

Naawang tiningnan naman ni Seulgi at Wendy ang kanilang maknae at hindi rin nila alam kung paano ba nila ito matutulungan sa problema nito ngayon.

 

“We're here in Thailand right now, Yerim. Baka malay mo chance sila magkita dito?” biglang wika ni Seulgi.

 

Biglang nagliwanag ang mukha ni Yerim at excited itong napatalon.

 

“Magkikita si Joohyun unnie at Haneul, her childhood friend right? What if nandoon rin si daddy? Because my daddy is also close with Haneul's boyfriend and they are already living here in Thailand for a long time..” yes, she knows everything, nagpapasalamat siya sa itaas dahil sa gift na ibinigay nila na malaman ang kanilang past at ang kanilang future..

 

Natawa na lang ang dalawang nakakatandang babae sa reaction ng maknae nila.

 

“Posible nga mangyari yan but ang dapat mo munang isipin ngayon ay paano mo sila maipaglalapit.” wika naman ni Wendy. Bigla naman napaisip si Yerim kung anong next move na gagawin niya, ngayong naalala na niya ang lahat.

 

“Diba sabi mo, meron kang contact number ng daddy mo noon. What if, ayun pa rin yung number niya? Try mo tagawan..” bigay na idea ni Seulgi. 

 

“Pero nasa old phone ko yung contact number niya at hindi ko alam kung gagana pa yun dahil matagal ko ng hindi yun nagagamit.” nanlulumo naman na sagot ni Yerim at hindi na alam kung ano nang gagawin niya.

 

Naputol naman ang kanilang pag uusap ng may biglang may kumatok sa pintuan ng kanilang kwarto. Kaagad naman nila iyon pinagbuksan sa pag aakalang, ang Joohyun unnie na nila iyon at ito ay nakabalik na.

 

“Hi girls, sorry sa pang iistorbo sa inyo pero kailangan niyo muna lumabas ng kwarto.” wika ng kanilang manager, hindi maipinta ang mukha nito.

 

“Anong meron oppa?” nagtataka naman nilang tanong.

 

“Basta lumabas na lang kayo.” pagod na sagot naman ng lalaki at mukhang antok na antok na ito.

 

Wala naman silang nagawa at sumunod na lang sa nakakatandang lalaki. Nang makalabas ang tatlo sa kanilang kwarto ay ganun na lang ang gulat nila ng makita ang bagong bisita sa villa ng kanilang tinutuluyan.

 

“Hinahanap niya ang Joohyun unnie niyo at sinabi kong wala siya rito at nakipagkita sa kanyang kaibigan pero ayaw niyang maniwala sakin kaya pinalabas ko kayo para kayo na ang magsabi sa kanya.” naiiling na lang na wika ng kanilang manager na para bang pagod na ito harapin ang bagong dating na bisita. 

 

Hindi naman nagsalita si Seulgi at Wendy, tahimik lang ang mga ito habang nakakatingin sa bagong dating na bisita. But for Yerim is different, she want to explode right now and she is not stopping herself. Hindi na niya mapigilan ang halo-halong emosiyon na matagal na niya kinikimkim mula sa lalaking matagal na niyang kinaiinisan.

 

“What the are you doing here Eunhyuk?! Hindi ka dapat nandito!”

 

 

 

——

 

 

JOOHYUN & NADECH

 

 

Joohyun and Nadech had been together for a few years when Joohyun decided to pursue her dreams to become a trainee in a big entertainment company while Nadech had to go back to his home country. Despite the distance, they were both determined to make their relationship work and they did well. At first, things were really good. They talked on the phone every day and had video chats every night. They sent each other small gifts and kept up with each other's lives. They always cherished the moments they spent together, fueled by their unwavering love and trust. But as time went on, the distance began to take its toll and things started to get harder...

 

...

 

The school bell had just rung, and as usual, the hallway had erupted into a bustling array of students rushing to their next classes. As usual, Nadech was walking slowly, taking in the sights and sounds of his school. Suddenly, a man in a funny clothes stopped him from walking and asked his name.

 

“Why did you ask my name?” Nadech confusedly asked.

 

“I'm a talent manager from Bangkok and i was walking down the hall and saw your handsome face,” the stranger said. 

 

The strange man was so impressed with Nadech's looks.

 

“And with that face, I had a feeling that you have a potential to become a star someday. How would you like to join me for an audition?” 

 

At first, Nadech was hesitant about the idea. He was already content with his normal life and spending time with his family, friends and his girlfriend but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that it could be a great opportunity. He decided to go for it and soon found himself in the world of show business. He was quickly cast in his first series and his career skyrocketed from there and become a household name on his country. Nadech was amazed at how quickly his life changed and he was grateful for the opportunity. He worked hard and was determined to make the most of his newfound fame. 

 

But despite his newfound celebrity status, he never forgot his girlfriend Joohyun. She had always been there for him through the good and bad. She was the one person who understood him in ways that no one else ever could. He never let his success come between them. Whenever he was on the road for work, he always made sure to call her and keep in touch. He knew how hard it was for her to be away from him and he always tried his best to make her feel loved and whenever they were able to be together, he made sure to give her the attention she deserved. He took her out to the best restaurants and showered her with gifts and his love. He was determined to make her feel special. He was always grateful for her unconditional love and support. He knew that without her, he wouldn't have been able to achieve all that he had.

Meanwhile Joohyun, as much as she desired to be there by his side and support him, she knew her dreams was equally important too. She had also faced many hardships during her training, from grueling practice sessions to strict dietary restrictions. She was determined to make her debut and become an idol. She had been on the verge of giving up so many times but her determination and passion for her craft kept her going.

 

 

“I miss you so much,” Joohyun said, her voice trembling as she held the phone to her ear.

 

“I know, my love,” Nadech replied, his voice filled with emotion. “I mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter