ii. the start of the buzz

Flashing Hearts

RECAP:
 

Jiyong hyung who is beside me gently pat my should and squeezed it as if to tell me that’s he’s really proud of me and with that simple gesture, I can’t hold my tears anymore and cried right then and there. The cinema the lights again and revealed the packed venue. I already felt the cameras zooming in in our face as they try to catch our genuine reaction now that the movie is finished.

 

"Let's give it up for the best couple out there, Sungyeol and Myungsoo!" the host hollered then Myungsoo and I once again entered the stage to witness the overwhelming support and love.
 


If this is a dream..... then I don't want to wake up.


 


SUNGYEOL'S POV



“Last night felt like a dream, baby. I can’t believe I get to share my biggest achievement with you. That fact is by far the best thing that I got out of this once in a life time opportunity. I love you so much, Myungsoo. I really do.” I whispered lovingly to the sleeping figure beside me. I gently play with Myungsoo’s hair as I admire his sleeping face. He has always have that angelic face and that resting smiley face which I love so much. It’s like nothing is too bad or too hard in life when you’re around him. He just radiates so much positive energy in him and I am planning on protecting that energy of his for as long as I can whatever it takes.

 

Myungsoo slowly stirred in his sleep and took his time to open his eyes. I greeted him with a smile and pecked his forehead. He smiled back and stretched his arms before snuggling closer to me.

 

“Baby, it’s time to wake up. It’s nine o’clock in the morning already. We still got some press to meet by lunch. Our manager would kill us if we are not in the salon by ten. Come on, let’s grab breakfast on our way there. You go wash first while I prepare our clothes, okay?” I said and pecked his forehead again before getting out of bed and going to the our shared closet to find some comfortable clothes for us to wear to the salon. Myungsoo immediately followed and went to the bathroom to wash himself. I laid down our outfits on our bed and waited for Myungsoo to finish taking a shower. After he went out of the bathroom, I quickly grabbed my towel that’s hanging outside by the balcony of our shared condo unit and went to take a quick wash.

 

“Babe? Have you seen my watch? The one that your mother gifted me on my recent birthday?” Myungsoo asked while looking around. My mother is actually really fond of him and sometimes I think she’s too fond of him and would love him to be his son rather than me but I have no complaints since I really adore their relationship a lot and it just made our relationship extra better.

 

“It’s on the first drawer of our side table, darling.” I said and pointed at the side table while dressing up.

 

“Thanks, babe” Myungsoo immediately went to the side table to retrieve his watch and wore it. He said that it was his good luck charm because the moment he received it, good things happened to us.

 

“Are you all set, baby? Don’t forget to bring your inhaler just in case. Better be ready than sorry and it’ll be crowded again so please be careful later. You can stay behind me so I could protect you.” I said while reaching out for our bags. Myungsoo nodded and got the car keys on our side table as well.

 

We then went out of our condo unit and walked straight to the parking light. A lone camera flash suddenly appeared and we already knew it was the paparazzi. We already talked about this and expected that our every move would be documented because of our sudden rise to stardom. Myungsoo and I shared a knowing look and just went inside of our car and kept a mental note to tell the security of our condo to do better since it’s an exclusive condo so no paparazzi should’ve gotten inside. As much as we enjoy the spotlight, we still enjoy the little privacy that we have.

 

I drove us to the salon where our manager is waiting for us and thankfully there’s no traffic so we arrived just on time since it’s just a ten-minute ride from our condo. Our schedule for today is a quick interview with a famous Youtuber and after that would be another live event at a mall.

 

“Good thing that you are here now! I am so mad right now.” our manager said who is pacing here and there inside the salon.

 

“Hyung, calm down. What’s wrong?” I asked and immediately went to him and placed my hands on his shoulders to stop him from moving.

 

“This shouldn’t be happening! Your Youtube schedule is in a few hours and the wardrobe team just told me that your outfits got ruined because some incompetent intern decided to wash them in a washing machine when it clearly stated in the tags to have it handwashed. Now the feathers on Myungsoo’s outfit are all gone leaving a bare white shirt and your leather jacket got a big white stain at the back and it looked so bad like so bad.” Manager hyung complained. So that only means we are left with whatever we are wearing right now and so far I am just wearing a white oversized shirt and some cargo shorts and flipflops while Myungsoo is in his usual black ensemble which is black shirt, black pants and black shoes.

“Hey.  We can figure this out hyung. The Youtube show is very casual itself anyway and we got some spare jackets on our backseat which we think would be enough. All I need now is some shoes. We’re the same size and you always use cool shoes so if you could let me borrow that then we’re all set.” I said simply and eyed the latest New Balance 1906D "Protection Pack” he’s currently wearing. He is the biggest sneakerhead I know and I also know that he cares so much about his shoes. If I will be honest, he is much richer than Myungsoo and I combined since he is a chaebol but he said he loves his job too much that he chose to be a manager of mere actors like us rather than running his father’s company. Good thing is he is not in a KDrama where the father force his son to take over because in reality Manager hyung’s father supports him so much in his job and still give him hefty allowances hence the pricey collection of sneakers.

 

“My shoes? Come on Sungyeol. You know I just got this a few days ago.” he pouts and Myungsoo chuckled at the sight.

 

“Well, if the company CEO is okay with me wearing flipflops in an interview then we can go with it.” I said coolly but we all know that the CEO wouldn’t want that.

 

“Fine! Just take care of these babies for me. I’m gonna kill you if you get even a single scratch here. You know I mean business when it comes to my shoes.” he said and I nodded and smiled at seeing his pissed off face. I just love to tease our manager. He then removed his shoes and handed them to me. Good thing that I also packed some extra socks in our car a.k.a our second home. Come to think of it, we should really buy a bigger one that we can both drive. We enjoy bringing ourselves in the schedules by ourselves because it gives us more alone time.

 

“Seriously hyung? A sole protector? The shoes can’t even touch dirt.” I teased and the people in the salon laughed with me and manager hyung went as red as a tomato.

 

“Will you take it or not?” he said and pouted like a pissed off kid.

 

“Yes yes. I’ll take it. Thank you my dearest hyung. I’ll give this back to you…… never!” I teased even more but he just pushed me on the salon chair to start fixing my hairstyle and make up. Myungsoo is beside me with his own crew working on him.

 

It only took us an hour to fix our make up and everything since the YouTube schedule will be a very casual sit down interview. We also had the chance to grab something to eat as Manager hyung prepared it for us already. Talk about best manager.

 

This time Manager hyung insisted on driving us to the location because he said that the place is new to us so he needs to accompany us but if you ask me I think he just don’t want me to crease his shoes when I drive.

 

We finally arrived at the shooting location which happened to be the house of the Youtuber itself. It’s quite surprising how she is so welcoming of us despite being strangers but this might just be the reason why she’s so successful. She’s so humble and nice and made us feel at ease immediately. She currently has 10 million subscribers which is a lot considering that Myungsoo and I just hit the 1 million follower mark on Instagram recently after being actors for years now.

 

The interview and the shooting lasted for two hours. It was definitely so chill and the questions she prepared were very interesting and relevant to our movie, career and personal life. She wasn’t too invasive and too pushy which is what we want and appreciate a lot. We thanked her a lot and cheered on her. She even invited us back to her house if we have the time since she said the interview with us was one of the most fun one she had as of the recent. We bowed to each other a few more times before completely saying goodbye and going back to the salon for our next live interview.

 

Manager hyung already managed to call in for a new set of outfit and contacted another stylist team for this event as he fired the recent one who just messed up. It’s kind of harsh but it can’t be helped. We went back to the same salon and have the same team work on us. We only needed some touch ups and we then changed into suits to fit the red carpet set for us.

 

The live interview schedule turned out to be chaotic since we weren’t informed that it will be a press conference type of interview so Myungsoo and I were left sitting on a long table with microphones in front of us and camera flashes flooding our view. Thankfully, we managed to get by and answer the questions to the best of our ability and without giving spoilers as we want people to watch our movie in the cinemas. Unfortunately, a reporter asked a very offensive question which left us in shock but fortunately Myungsoo kept his cool and managed to answer the question professionally. We ended the live interview slash press conference with a quick promotional message.

 

“Uwaaaah! Why would they ambush us like that? Didn’t they tell you that it’s going to be a presscon type interview, hyung? That was nerve wracking. I almost peed in my pants.” I exclaimed and I saw hyung rubbing his forehead as if easing the incoming headache.

 

“No. I already talked with the management who organized this event and they said last minute changes has to be done because the supposed host backed out last minute. This day isn’t for us but still congratulations boys for doing so great in your interview and for finishing strong. You guys are really made for this.” Manager hyung said and smiled at the both of us before patting us on our shoulders.

 

“We are so lucky to have you hyung.” Myungsoo said and hyung suddenly hugged him.

 

“Yah! Where’s my hug?” I pouted playfully and hyung gave me a quick hug too.

 

“You two can go home now and have early rest. Tomorrow is your only day off and from there it will be days and days of presscons, interviews and public appearances. Use your day off wisely. Don’t do anything stupid.” hyung looked at me directly when he said the last sentence.

 

“Why are you looking at me?” I said.

 

“I think you know why.” hyung shook his head while Myungsoo chuckled beside me.

 

“Aigoo. You two kept on bickering since this morning. You’re more like a married couple than Sungyeol and I should be.” Myungsoo teased.

 

“Alright. Enough teasing and bickering. Go home now, kids. You deserve the rest.” hyung said and walked us to our car.

 

We went in the car and stayed there a few more minutes to drink in what just happened in a day. So this is what it feels like to be famous and popular. There really is no time to rest in between once the schedule takes off. I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. We are tired but this is good tired because we are happy doing the things we are doing now. Myungsoo looked at me lovingly that I wasn’t able to stop myself from planting a soft kiss on his lips.

 

“Let’s go home now, baby.” I said while smiling.

 

“Okay, baby.” Myungsoo replied with the sweet smile that I fall in love for again and again.

 


a/n

i didn't expect to update so soon but since i got free time, why not? kkkkk
anyway allow me to give you some visuals because i want you guys to have a more vivid view of this story. so you already
know what sungyeol and myungsoo look like right? now let me introduce to you MANAGER HYUNG.

 

this is what i imagine him to look like since he is a chaebol and a huge sneakerhead i imagined him taking good care

of himself and is very stylish while still staying lowkey because he is not fond of the spotlight.

and here is the pair of shoes that sungyeol borrowed from manager hyung lmao