โ˜พ โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๐๐Ž๐‚๐“๐”๐‘๐๐„. โ€” ๐–บ ๐—…๐—‚๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–บ๐—๐–พ, ๐—๐–บ๐—†๐—‰๐—‚๐—‹๐–พ-๐—๐—๐–พ๐—†๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐–ฎ๐–ข ๐–ช๐–ฑ๐–ฏ ๐–ป๐–บ๐—Œ๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐—†๐–พ๐—๐–พ. [ ๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ]

Description

NOCTURNE.
A MEWE-BASED LITERATE HORROR-THEMED OC ROLEPLAY.
scroll down
N O T I C E
HALLOWTIDE EVENT COMING SOON!
RULES

I. Due to the mature and potentially triggering themes of the roleplay, we will not be accepting muses, faceclaims, and writers that are under 20 years old. Such themes may include but are not limited to violence, death, gore, and more. Note that these things are only a work of fiction, the admin team does not condone these themes in real life. Furthermore, it is heavily required to put content and trigger warnings for any posts that include these themes.

ย 

II.ย Nocturne is a 3rd POV, literate roleplay. We value story and character development through collaborative writing to keep the place running. This means that one-liners and "crack" roleplaying are not permitted. We don't expect purple prose or novella replies from everyone but we do want you to make an effort when it comes to plotting or replying to threads. We also highly encourage everyone in the collective to reach out to both new and old members so no one may feel left out. Clique-y behavior will not be tolerated. Moreover, if your only focus is to create ships while ignoring the rest of the group and not writing proper developments for your muse, Nocturne might not be the place for you.

Every 2 months, the admins will open a Google Form for members to submit a short summary of their muse's current developments along with their writing partners. This is to ensure that everyone is writing and no one is bubble roleplaying. Those who are on a hiatus will be exempted.

ย 

iii.ย This should not have to be said, but please do not mix IC and OOC. Muse does not equal mun. Given that Nocturne has ongoing themes of skewed power dynamics and a societal hierarchy between monsters and mortals, there will most likely be antagonistic muses in the roleplay. Keep in mind that creating such characters does not mean the writer shares the same morals as their muse. Please do not take it personally. Furthermore, even when writing villainy muses, consent is always key. A little banter is fine, but just because your character is morally bankrupt does not give you a free pass to act with hostility toward anyone (both IC and OOC) unless they explicitly give you permission.



IV. Activity checks are done weekly every Sunday. We only require you to reply at least once to any of your threads, or write one starter, or a self-para to pass the activity requirements. However, this does not mean that we encourage you to only show up once a week to meet the bare minimum to pass the activity. While we understand that real life always comes first, we also want to see regular active interactions between members to keep the whole place alive. Moreover, because you are only required to reply to one thread every week, we want to avoid bubble roleplaying by not allowing members to submit the same thread you have replied to in two consecutive weeks unless you have responded to your other threads as well.

Failure to comply with the activity checks will result in a kick-out from the group. You may reapply after seven days.

ย 

V.ย As admins, we want to be as understanding as possible when it comes to concerns or conflicts from our members, however, we are not omnipresent. If possible, we hope that members can resolve any OOC or IC issues amongst themselves in a mature and respectful manner before it escalates. In the instance that the writers involved need help from the admin team, feel free to reach out at any time. Keep in mind we may need to ask for evidence or proof for certain issues.

That said, we do operate on a three-strike warning for rule breakers. Once you get a third strike, you will be removed and blacklisted from the roleplay. However, the admins also reserve the right to ban anyone immediately if the offense made has caused a dire effect on the roleplay.
ย 

Here are some examples of misdemeanors that could get you a warning or an instant ban. Including but not limited to:

  • Harassment or bullying of other members, both IC & OOC.
  • Bigotry, racism, ism, gender bias, and other forms of hate speech towards other muses and muns.
  • Forgetting to properly tag your posts repeatedly, especially when it concerns triggering content.
  • Face/ship-chasing, bubble roleplaying, and/or clique-y behavior.
  • Doxxing other members or exposing personal information about them.
  • Continuous godmodding or metagaming (without prior consent from your co-writer/s or other members).

ย 

VI.ย Hiatuses are allowed for up to two weeks. Just kindly inform the admins beforehand. But keep in mind you may only ask for a hiatus after two weeks of clearing activity checks upon joining. We do not allow semi-hiatuses as we find that our activity requirements are already quite lenient. Once your hiatus is up, you're not allowed to take another hiatus until you clear four weeks of activity checks. This is to avoid face-hogging and skirting around activity checks. If you're departing from the roleplay, please inform the admins as well as your writing partners so they may collect their writings with you. Deactivating your account without prior notice to the admins will result in an immediate ban.

ย 

VII.ย Changing of faceclaims are allowed but with a cooldown of 1 month. Meaning, if you decided to change faceclaims, you can't change it again for another 4 weeks.

ย 

VIII.ย Writers may have up to two (2) muses in the roleplay, but you will have to clear 1 month of activity checks before bringing in a second muse. Additionally, your faceclaims cannot be from the same group. You will also be required to meet the activity checks for both muses. If you're falling behind activity requirements, the admins will have to ask you to remove one of your characters.

ย 

iX.ย Once you're in the roleplay, we want everyone to feel welcomed. Joining OC roleplays is intimidating as it is and being greeted upon arrival with friendly faces can really make or break a new member's impression of the roleplay. We understand it's not feasible to write with everyone in an RPG, but we do want you to have the initiative to welcome new members WHO join the collective. This may be done through OOC greetings (in DMs) or plotting offers.

Moreover, a group chat for plotting will be available to encourage casual interactions between writers to gauge muse chemistry and potentially spur spontaneous plotlines so that no member just stays within their comfort circle.

NOTE: As much as possible, please state somewhere in your bio or character profile whether you'll be using your DMs for IC interactions or strictly for OOC plotting.

ย 

X.ย We accept all orientations (while being respectful of your faceclaim's gender identity) as well as move-in couples. Just kindly inform us about your writing partner and their muse when applying. For single muses, there will be a month-long dating ban in place upon your arrival. Full-term pregnancies are not allowed for the muses within the roleplay.

XI. Enjoy!

HOW TO JOIN

I. Before applying, we kindly ask that you read through all the lore of the roleplay. We know that it's a bit of a heavy read but this is to ensure that you understand the overall premise of the collective. If you have any questions, please refer to the FAQ section or send us a message in any of our accounts.

ย 

II.ย When choosing faceclaims, we only accept celebrities or personalities that work in the Asian Entertainment Industry. we do not accept deceased celebrities, those with ongoing criminal cases, those who have spoken up about not wanting to be roleplayed, as well as models or influencers from Tiktok or Instagram.

ย 

III.ย While we want to give everyone liberties when creating their characters, please note that we require muses to have an OC name. Meaning, your character/s cannot have the same birthname or stage name as your faceclaim. Additionally, aging up or aging down muses is allowed but only for up to three years. If your faceclaim is 20 years old, you are not allowed to age them up.

ย 

IV.ย We accept both AFF or Tumblr as a form of contact for everyone when they apply. Make sure that your accounts are at least 3 months old. For your Tumblr, it must be a personal account with regular activity up to the present.

ย 

V.ย Prepare an original writing sample with a minimum of 200 words as this will be asked for in the application form. Previous writings like self-paragraphs or thread starters or replies are accepted. The p@$$w0rd is your favorite vampire character from any form of media.

ย 

VI.ย Please note that we do not accept reservations. We require everyone to apply with a bio for their muse. This is so that the admins may already have an idea of what kind of muse you are bringing into the group as well as avoid muses that might be deemed too OP or have elements that may not fit into the roleplay's theme. It does not have to be a complete bio, but it does need to have a sufficient amount of information about your character.


In the event that your muse's description or bio has inconsistencies that do not align with Nocturne's lore, the admins will ask you to further clarify or tweak certain details to suit the collective's premise better. But don't worry! This will be a brainstorming of ideas so that the applicant's muse still stays true to their original vision.

ย 

VII.ย Once you've applied, kindly give the admins some time to read through your application. Bear in mind that we only check and process applications on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. You may find the status of your application through our Tumblr account. The admin team is located in different parts of the world so giving you a specified timezone is a bit difficult but rest assured that your applications and queries will be attended to during these days. In case of delays, feel free to poke us and we'll get to them ASAP.

VIII. Upon acceptance, you will have 48 hours to create your account and add our base account on Mewe.
When creating your account, make sure that your account name does not have any special characters or formatting.

FIND YOUR WAY HERE
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
READY TO JOIN US?
LATEST UPDATES ARE HERE!
M E W E - B A S E D
/ 3RD POV / LITERATE / OC RP
about
MONSTERS COME IN ALL GHASTLY SHAPES AND TERRIFYING FORMS, BUT THE DEADLIEST ONES ARE THOSE CURSED WITH BEAUTY, TANTALIZING SMILES, AND AN INSATIABLE THIRST FOR BLOOD. THREE YEARS AFTER DAYSDEATH, A MYSTERIOUS PHENOMENON THAT PLUNGED THE WHOLE WORLD INTO PERPETUAL DARKNESS, VAMPIRES AND ALL MANNERS OF BLOODFIENDS HAVE RISEN AFTER HIDING IN THE SHADOWS FOR SEVERAL CENTURIES. UNDER THE RULE OF THE UNDYING EMPIRE, THE ENTIRE POPULACE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO BEND TO THE WHIMS OF THEIR NEW MONARCH.
ย 
ย 
est. 2023
coded byย yxgurt

Foreword

ย  NOTE :ย ย 

If you're having a hard time viewing the AFF layout, please click on THE LORE section to be redirected to our CARRD instead. All information about Nocturne can be read there.ย 

For latest updates and announcements, please refer to ourย TUMBLR.