fin

I'll Marry You in My Dream
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun looked at her with a big smile. Her heart fluttered when she saw her laugh. Her heart always did that when she saw her happy. Dahyun knew it would never change even though she would never be hers.

"I can't believe I will get married in two days," she said. She was the one who made Dahyun's flutter

"Are you happy now, Sana?" Dahyun asked. She wanted to make sure that the person she loves the most were truly happy without her.

"Yeah, I'm happy now." Sana's answer convinced Dahyun that Sana was happy without her. Her heart was ready to let Sana go.

"I'm also happy to see you happy." Dahyun smiled even though her heart was crying. Sana didn't need to know how broken her heart was.

 

-------------------------------------------------

Dahyun opened her eyes and found an unfamiliar ceiling. Where is this? That was the first question that popped into Dahyun's mind. Dahyun couldn't remember how she ended up in that place.

"Are you awake?" Dahyun heard a familiar voice. It was the voice of the person she loved the most.

"Sana?" Dahyun found Sana lying beside her. She didn't understand why Sana was beside her. This had never happened in her life.

"Why do you look confused?" Sana chuckled. Then, Sana snuggled closer to Dahyun.

"Where are we?" Dahyun asked. Sana raised her eyebrows after hearing the question.

"What are you talking about?" Sana was confused. “Is this one of your pranks?” Sana chuckled.

"Pranks?" Dahyun didn't understand what was going on anymore. "I'm not pranking you. Are you pranking me?"

Sana rolled her eyes. Sana thought Dahyun was still pranking her. "We've lived here for years and you still ask where are we?"

We? Dahyun didn't understand why there was the word 'we' in Sana's sentence. Since when did Dahyun live with Sana? Dahyun herself couldn't answer that question.

“Do you want a sandwich? I'll make it for you.” Sana got up and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Oh, yeah?” Dahyun still couldn't accept what was happening. So, her brain was still in auto-pilot mode. Whatever sentence was thrown at her, she would reply with a 'yeah'.

“Do you want a smoothie too?” Sana stood up and walked towards the door.

"Yeah?" All of Sana's sentences just went over Dahyun's head.

After that, Sana came out of their room and prepared their breakfast. Dahyun was pondering for a long time to process all the information she just received. I must be crazy, Dahyun thought after trying to make sense of it.

Dahyun suddenly thought of contacting Chaeyoung. She felt Chaeyoung must know what was happening to her. Hence, she looked for her phone. After finding it, she realized something was off with her cell phone. I never put this wallpaper on my phone, Dahyun thought after seeing a picture of her and Sana as her phone's wallpaper. I don't even remember taking this photo, Dahyun thought again.

Dahyun tried to unlock that phone to make sure that it was really her phone. That phone finally unlocked. It meant that phone was indeed hers. How did this happen? Dahyun asked herself.

After that, Dahyun tried to contact Chaeyoung. She wanted to ask what exactly was going on. Why am I in a strange place? Why is Sana with me? Dahyun wanted to ask both of those things to Chaeyoung.

However, Chaeyoung didn't pick up the phone. Even though Dahyun had called her many times, Chaeyoung couldn't be reached. Am I really being pranked? Dahyun wondered.

Dahyun finally gave up. She wanted to find another way to understand the situation she was in. First of all, she went around the room and looked at every item that was there. Dahyun found some familiar items. However, the rest was never seen.

“Oh!” Dahyun saw an album on the table. She found that album very familiar. She believed that album was hers. I bought this album when I was in college, Dahyun thought.

When Dahyun opened that album, she finally realized somethings. All the photos in that album were photos of her and Sana. But, what was even more shocking was that she had never seen all the photos. How could there be a photo of her that she had never seen?

It looks like the photos were taken in another universe, Dahyun thought while looking through the photos in the album. Am I in another universe? Suddenly, everything made sense to her.

"I'm in another universe.. but how come?"

 

-------------------------------------------------

After hearing Sana t

Please log in to read the full chapter