The Sun After the Rain

The Tears in Your Eyes (Discontinued)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Who are you?"

"Just please let me go in!"

"No, I am not going to let some random stranger go into my baby brother's room!"

"Please, I swear I am not a stranger! He knows me!"

"Yeah, right! And why should I believe that!"

The yells of anger and please abruptly stopped. A tall, handsome man pushed past an extremely beautiful man with long hair and ran into a hospital ward. 

The room was completely white; the walls, the bed, everything. The room smelt of antiseptic and the artificial fragrance of soap and cleaners. It was a bitter scent, having witnessed the years of suffering patients, distraught family members and panicked doctors. A beam of natural sunlight peeked through the translucent curtains, but the atmosphere was anything but bright. In the bed lay a passed out Ryeowook, his face as pale white as the hospital walls and his hair sticking to his forehead, drenched in sweat.

It so happened that the two people shouting at each other were Park Hyungsik and Kim Heechul. 

Heechul did not trust that guy one bit, never having heard or seen his younger cousin brother with him. He just barged into the hospital, yelling out Ryeowook's name.

On the other hand, Hyungsik was desperate to fix the mistakes he had made and sow the loose threads in their relationship. He would do anything to see his unconscious lover (or ex lover to be precise), even if it meant fighting his overprotective cousin.

Outside the room, Heechul snapped out of his daze and chased after "the strange guy who is trying to kidnap my brother" as he liked to call him.

"Hey, what do you think you're..." Heechul started, but stopped midway. The sight before him shocked him out of his skin.

There on the bed lay Ryeowook, his eyes wide open. The weird guy trying to kidnap him stood beside him, his hands cupping his sickeningly pale face, his thumbs gently caressing the troubled and tense features.

Acting on reflex, Heechul yelled, "How dare you touch my brother with your dirty hands!" He walked over and not so gently pried Hyungsik's hands off Ryeowook's stunned face.

Ryeowook had just woken up to find himself in the most dreaded place he could possibly be in; a hospital. He didn't like the atmosphere that always seemed to speak of pain and restlessness. And just to add to his shock, the first thing he saw when he woke up was his ex boyfriend's figure looming over him, his eyebrows pinched together in a frown of concern. His hands were gently holding his face, and God did his soft fingers against his skin feel good! At that time, all that mattered was that Hyungsik was here and Hyungsik was here for only him.

But when Heechul walked in, their shattered reality suddenly became so much more apparent.

"Wook, who is he?" Heechul's question carried a sense of complexity he couldn't discern. What was he to say?

If he said Hyungsik was a friend, Heechul would consider letting him stay. But if he lied and told him that Hyungsik was a stranger, the guy would be kicked out in half a second. The problem was, Ryeowook wanted Hyungsik to stay and leave all at the same time. He wanted him to leave because he had made it very clear that they were over. On the other hand, he also wanted him to stay because he loved him and wanted to relish in the comfort and warmth he gave him.

Heechul did not repeat his question, but simply let it linger in the thickening silence. He looked at his cousin understandingly, as though he were aware of the inner turmoil brewing within.

"How did you two get here?" was the unexpected question that slipped from Ryeowook's dry, parched lips, realisation dawning in him that he had never called Heechul to begin with and he never told Hyungsik he was unwell.

Heechul's soft gaze turned into a menacing glare in a heartbeat. Even Hyungsik tensed up, feeling the change.

"Kim Ryeowook. Answer my question first," Heechul's voice was low yet deadly, like the rumbling of thunder before a storm.

Ryeowook flinched, directing a pleading glance towards Hyungsik. But alas, Hyungsik just stood there, not knowing what to do or say.

"He's my...He's m

Please log in to read the full chapter