fin

Axioma
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun always thinks of herself as an extra character. She had nothing to stand out or attract people's attention. According to her, her existence was just an extra in other people's lives.

Dahyun love to be an extra character. Her life became peaceful because people didn't care about her. In addition, she prefers to observe other people's lives rather than her own being observed.

However, Dahyun's role suddenly changed when Nayeon, the most popular senior in her departement, came to her life. She never expected the 'main' character would mess up her peaceful life.

That day was Dahyun's first day of college. Like most people did, Dahyun felt nervous on her first day. Luckily, Dahyun wasn't alone in her first class. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, friends she just met during orientation week, also took the same class.

“This is computational science class, right? I'm afraid to enter the wrong class." Chaeyoung asked while sitting on Dahyun's left.

"Based on the room number, we should be in the right class," Dahyun answered while wiping her glasses. After that, she wore her glasses.

“Aren't you feeling nervous? Last night I couldn't sleep because I thought about our first day," Tzuyu asked while sitting on Dahyun's right side.

“I don't feel that nervous. I thought college wouldn't be much different from high school," Chaeyoung answered.

“Wow, you're pretty chill huh. How about you, Dahyun?" Tzuyu glanced at Dahyun.

“I'm feeling nervous right now. I heard this class is quite difficult," Dahyun replied.

Not long after that, the three of them saw someone enter their classroom. That person looked so familiar to them.

"Isn't that Nayeon sunbaenim?" Dahyun asked.

"Oh yeah, that's Nayeon sunbaenim. So, the rumor is true," Chaeyoung said.

"What rumour?" Tzuyu asked.

"You know that Nayeon sunbaenim is a genius, right? People say that she always tries to pass a class with an A. If she pass a class not with an A, she will repeat the class again," Chaeyoung answered.

"So you're saying she's currently repeating this class to get an A?" Tzuyu asked again.

“Yep. It's rare for juniors to take this class. Usually, only freshmen will take this class," Chaeyoung said. (Note: juniors in this sentence means undergraduate students who are in their 3rd year)

If the rumor was true, being in the same group with her would be really troublesome, Dahyun thought after hearing that. Fortunately, the possibility of Dahyun being in the same group as Nayeon was pretty small. Nayeon was so popular. So, a lot of people would want to be her group mates. Besides that, Nayeon didn't know who Dahyun was. So, it was impossible for Nayeon to ask Dahyun to be her group mate, right?

“Can I be your partner for this assignment?” Nayeon asked. She was standing in front of Dahyun.

Their class had just finished. Their teacher just gave them an assignment to make some simple Math simulations. This assignment must be done in pairs.

"Eh.. sure?" Dahyun couldn't refuse.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu just gave each other glances. They didn't understand why Nayeon suddenly asked Dahyun to be her partner. They couldn't think of a reason for Nayeon to ask a stranger to be her partner.

"Then we should exchange our numbers," Nayeon said. Then, she took out her phone and gave it to Dahyun. After that, Dahyun typed her number.

"This is my number, sunbaenim," Dahyun said while returning Nayeon's phone. After that, Dahyun gave her phone to Nayeon and Nayeon typed her number.

"I'll call you later," Nayeon said while returning Dahyun's phone. After that, Nayeon left them.

Dahyun cursed herself. She knew she already jinxed herself. She thought being in the same group with Nayeon would be a pain and suddenly she was in the same group with Nayeon. Dahyun wanted to smash her head against the wall.

“Whoa, be careful! You will injure yourself.” Chaeyoung stopped Dahyun.

"It seems you aren't that excited to be in the same group with Nayeon sunbaenim," Tzuyu said.

"Many people are jealous of you right now," Chaeyoung said.

"That's one of the reasons I don't like being in the same group with her," Dahyun replied while ruffling her hair. She doesn't like to be the center of attention. However, she suddenly became the center of attention because Nayeon asked her to be her partner.

“You don't need to worry. I believe she's a good person. Remember that she helped freshmen a lot during orientation week.” Tzuyu said.

"You're right." Chaeyoung added.

Dahyun took a deep breath. She hoped everything would be fine. She hoped that her peaceful life wouldn't be disturbed by Nayeon. She just wanted to be an extra character who doesn't get the spotlight.

—————————

“H-hello, sunbaenim,” Dahyun said after she picked up Nayeon's call. She didn't expect Nayeon to call her so late that night. I don't have the energy to talk right now, Dahyun thought.

"Are you asleep?" Nayeon asked.

“Not yet, sunbaenim. Do you want to talk about our assignment?” Dahyun tried to hold back her yawn.

"When will your last class finish tomorrow?" Nayeon asked.

"Hmm.. at 5 pm," Dahyun answered. She guessed Nayeon would ask her to do their assignment together.

"Okay, then. Let's do our assignment tomorrow after your last class." Dahyun's guess was right.

“Okay sunbaenim. Where we will meet?" Dahyun asked.

"What's your last class?" Dahyun didn't understand why Nayeon asked this question and didn't answer her question.

“Calculus class,” Dahyun replied.

"Then, wait for me in front of your class." Dahyun didn't expect to hear this answer. She didn't understand why Nayeon, her senior, would bother coming to her class. However, she didn't want to question that. Don't wanna make things complicated, Dahyun thought.

"Okay. Is there anything else you want to talk about, sunbaenim?” Dahyun wanted to end this conversation so badly. Half of her soul was already in the dreamland.

“That's all I wanted to talk about. Sorry to call you this late. Good night," Nayeon replied.

"Good night, sunbaenim."

"Sleep well, Dahyun." Dahyun heard this sentence faintly. Either because Dahyun was half awake or Nayeon whispered when she said that.

The next day, Dahyun found Nayeon waiting for her in front of her class. She didn't expect Nayeon to come so early. It made her feel guilty. No junior dare to make their seniors wait for them. It would be considered impolite and rude.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, sunbaenim.” Dahyun bowed to Nayeon.

"No problem. I just came," Nayeon replied. "Follow me," she continued.

Dahyun followed Nayeon from behind. She still didn't know where they would do their assigment. Nayeon didn't tell her anything.

"Do you mind if we do our assigment here?" Nayeon asked. At that time, they were in front of an old building. On the veranda of that building, there were several tables and chairs.

"Oh I don't mind, sunbaenim," Dahyun answered. She didn't have a problem with the place Nayeon chose. However, she didn't understand why Nayeon chose a secluded old building. Dahyun didn't even know that building exist.

After they sat down, Nayeon and Dahyun took out their laptops from their bags. Then, they their laptops and started working on their assigment.

"Are you good at programming?" Nayeon asked. This question made Dahyun feel worried. She thought Nayeon would judge her.

"I'm quite familiar with several programming languages." Dahyun hoped Nayeon didn't think of her as a burden. She wasn't that smart like Nayeon. However, she wasn't that stupid either.

“Oh thank goodness. I'm not good at programming. That's why I'm repeating this class.” Dahyun didn't expect this answer. She thought Nayeon would say 'Oh thank goodness you won't be a burden.'

Ah, it turned out the rumor wasn't true, Dahyun thought. She felt relieved after hearing that. It turned out that Nayeon wasn't as perfect as people describe. However, there's nothing wrong with that. It's okay not to be perfect.

After an hour had passed, they finally found a deadlock in their progress. This isn't a rare occurrence in programming. In fact, you will always get errors and confusion when doing programming.

"I don't understand why this code doesn't work." Nayeon was frustrated. She had already rewritten the code many times.

Dahyun stood behind Nayeon while observing the code that Nayeon wrote. She tried to find the location of the error in the code. After a while, Dahyun finally found her mistake.

"Sunbaenim, I think there is an unwanted space here," Dahyun said. Then, she leaned forward and moved Nayeon's mouse with her right hand. Dahyun didn't realize that her face was so close to Nayeon's at that time.

"Oh you're right!" Nayeon turned her head to look at Dahyun. For a few moment, Nayeon just stared at Dahyun's face.

Dahyun realized Nayeon was silent for quite a long time. Therefore, she turned her head to look at Nayeon. At that moment, she just realized how close their faces were.

“Oh, I'm sorry sunbaenim!” Dahyun kept her face away from Nayeon.

"No, it's okay," Nayeon said, smiling at Dahyun. After that, Nayeon fixed the code and Dahyun returned to her seat.

"Are you coming to our annual event this Saturday?" Nayeon suddenly asked.

Every year, the Mathematics department holds a 'one day trip' event to bring seniors and juniors closer together. This trip is the most awaited event by extroverts and the most avoided event by introverts. Dahyun was one of the people who wanted to avoid this trip.

Dahyun wanted to say no. However, she knew Nayeon was a member of the event committee. She would feel really bad if she said no to Nayeon.

"I will come." Dahyun forced a smile. Luckily, Nayeon didn't realize that.

"I guarantee you won't regret it." Somehow Nayeon looked so happy.

After that, Dahyun immediately took her phone and bombarded her groupchat with lots of messages. She hoped Tzuyu and Chaeyoung would help her.

~
Chatrooms:

Dahyun:
Guys, please come to that annual event!
I'm going crazy if you don't come
Don't leave me alone on that trip!
Please help me!!
Help!!

Tzuyu:
Didn't you say you weren't coming to that event?

Chaeyoung:
Why did you suddenly wanna come to that event?

Dahyun:
Nayeon sunbaenim..
She suddenly asked if I would come
I couldn't say no..

Chaeyoung:
lol

Tzuyu:
I'll think about it
~

After reading their messages, Dahyun could only leave her fate to the will of heaven. If her friends didn't come, she would go crazy the whole trip.

—————————

"Thank you for coming," Dahyun said, hugging her two friends. At that time, they were standing beside the bus.

"You have to keep your promise, okay? Treat us to dinner after this trip is over," Chaeyoung said while carrying her backpack.

"Yeah, I'll treat you guys. Don't worry," Dahyun replied with a smile.

After that, they all got on the bus. Because they had to sit two by two, Tzuyu sat with Chayeong and Dahyun sat alone. Dahyun was relieved that no one was sitting beside her.

"Attention please." Nayeon suddenly appeared in front of them. Dahyun was kinda surprised to see Nayeon in their bus. Dahyun thought Nayeon would be assigned to another bus. "I'll do a roll call." Nayeon spoke in front of them. After that, Nayeon started doing the roll call.

“Kim Dahyun!” Nayeon called Dahyun's name. Then, Dahyun raised her hand and replied, “Here!”

Nayeon suddenly smiled after seeing Dahyun. However, Dahyun wasn't aware of it. "Because everyone is here, we will start our trip now," Nayeon said.

After that, Nayeon walked to the empty seat next to Dahyun. At first, Dahyun didn't realize that Nayeon was walking towards her.

"Dahyun?" Nayeon called Dahyun. It was then that Dahyun realized Nayeon was beside her. "Can I sit beside you?"

“Oh! Of course, sunbaenim,” Dahyun replied. She knew she jinxed herself again. However, this time she didn't mind sitting beside Nayeon.

Throughout the trip, Dahyun and Nayeon didn't say a single word to each other. Dahyun also didn't bother to find a topic to start their conversation. According to her, the situation was perfect for her. She didn't want to drain her energy by talking to her senior.

Tuk!

Dahyun suddenly felt something touch her shoulder. Then, she looked over her shoulder and found Nayeon sleeping. For a while, Dahyun just stared at Nayeon's face.

She is so pretty. No wonder she's so popular, Dahyun thought. She would be lying if she said she wasn't interested in Nayeon. However, she didn't want to mess with popular people. She didn't want to get in the spotlight just because she hung out with popular people.

"We're here," the bus driver said.

After hearing that, Dahyun gave Nayeon's shoulder a nudge. She hoped it would wake Nayeon up. However, it turned out that Nayeon was a heavy sleeper.

"Nayeon sunbaenim," Dahyun called Nayeon while shaking her shoulder. "We have arrived."

Nayeon finally woke up. Then, she looked around and found all eyes on her. Nayeon immediately stood up and cleared .

"Because we are the first one to arrive, we will wait for the others at the hotel," Nayeon said. After that, she took out her phone and read something. “The room allocation was done randomly. To know who your roommate is, please look at the spreadsheet that has been shared on the groupchat."

Dahyun immediately opened that spreadsheet. First, she found Tzuyu's name next to Chaeyoung's name. That meant they were roommates. They are so lucky, Dahyun thought. Then, she looked up her name on that spreadsheet.

"Kim Dahyun and.." Dahyun couldn't believe what she was reading. "Im Nayeon?"

"We are roommates," Nayeon said, smiling at Dahyun. Dahyun believed it was an evil smile. Randomly, my . This was her doing, right? Dahyun wondered.

—————————

"Which bed do you want to choose, sunbaenim?" Dahyun asked after they got to their room. In that room, there were twin beds. One was near the window and the other was near the bathroom.

"I choose this bed," Nayeon answered, pointing to the bed near the bathroom.

“Alright,” Dahyun said. Then, she threw her backpack onto the bed by the window.

After that, Dahyun lay beside her backpack. Actually, she didn't want to do anything. She didn't want to take part in the next activity. She just wanted to sleep in their hotel room. However, that was clearly impossible for her.

"The others have arrived. Let's go to the ballroom," Nayeon said while standing near Dahyun.

"Already?" Dahyun blurted our her own thought. Dahyun cursed herself after that.

"You can take a nap after we have lunch." Nayeon chuckled. Somehow Nayeon could read her mind.

Dahyun's footsteps felt heavy. She didn't want to go on this trip at all. She kept imagining what if she didn't join this trip. Maybe she was sleeping peacefully in her bedroom while wearing her favorite pajamas.

After they arrived at the ballroom, Dahyun immediately looked for Tzuyu and Chaeyoung. She even forgot about Nayeon who had walked with her. Nayeon just shook her head when she saw Dahyun finally find her friends.

"So how do you feel about Nayeon sunbaenim being your roomate?" Chaeyoung teased Dahyun.

Dahyun rolled her eyes and sighed. “It's so awkward! I never imagined my roomate would be a senior.”

“I also don't want to share a room with a senior. Luckily, I'm sharing a room with Tzuyu," Chayeong said, glancing at Tzuyu.

“But, Nayeon sunbaenim is so friendly. I'm sure you'll be fine," Tzuyu said.

Not long after that, the opening ceremony started. The ceremony began with opening speeches from the lecturers and the head of the committee. That was the most boring part of the ceremony.

“I wanna sleep,” Dahyun complained while closing her eyes.

"Be patient. After lunch, we will have some free time," Chaeyoung said while patting Dahyun's shoulder.

"Next, we will see a video about the history of our department," the MC said after the head of the committee gave his opening speech.

"What? Seriously.." Dahyun rolled her eyes. “This isn't a history class. We're mathematicians, not historians!”

Dahyun was really frustrated. She really regretted taking this trip. If she could go home, she would choose to go home at that time. However, she couldn't just suddenly disappear. Nayeon would definitely look for her.

"Hey." Nayeon suddenly pressed a can of coke on Dahyun's cheek. Dahyun jolted because of that. Then, she turned her gaze towards Nayeon

“Oh Nayeon sunbaenim!” Chaeyoung was surprised to see Nayeon.

"Can I sit with you guys?" Nayeon asked

“Of course, sunbaenim.” Tzuyu moved her things so Nayeon could sit down.

After that, Nayeon sat with them. Dahyun didn't understand why Nayeon wanted to sit with them. Dahyun could see Nayeon's friends at a table not far from theirs. Why didn't Nayeon sunbaenim sit with her friends? Dahyun thought.

"Here for you," Nayeon gave the can she was holding to Dahyun.

“Oh? Thank you sunbaenim.” Dahyun took the can. Dahyun didn't know why Nayeon suddenly gave her a drink.

"Nayeon sunbaenim," Chaeyoung suddenly called.

"Yeah?" Nayeon replied.

"When are we going to have lunch?" Chaeyoung asked. That question made Dahyun glare at Chaeyoung. She didn't think her friend would dare to ask that.

“Ten more minutes,” Nayeon replied, looking at her watch. "You must be bored already." Nayeon chuckled.

"No, we aren't, sunbaenim," Dahyun lied. Of course, she was so bored.

"Are you sure? I've seen you yawn several times," Nayeon replied. She saw me? Dahyun thought after hearing that.

"You can't lie, Dahyun." Chaeyoung chuckled. Dahyun immediately stepped on Chaeyoung's foot. She wished Chaeyoung would stop teasing her.

—————————

Dahyun was finally able to sleep after they were given some free time. Dahyun was grateful that Nayeon wasn't in their room during free time. She didn't know what Nayeon was doing. She just didn't care. All Dahyun was thinking about was sleeping.

Dahyun wrapped herself in a blanket so that only her head was visible. After that, she closed her eyes and plunged into the dreamland. Luckily, no one bothered her.

Ring! Ring!

Dahyun's phone suddenly rang. Dahyun groaned because her deep sleep was disturbed. She didn't want to pick up the phone. However, someone had called her five times.

"Hello?" Dahyun was still very sleepy. She didn't even see who was calling her.

“Dahyun, where are you? You've missed dinner. Right now we are having a drinking party and playing games in the ballroom.” Dahyun heard Chaeyoung speak.

Huh? I missed dinner? Dahyun thought. After that, Dahyun looked at the time on her phone. It was already nine in the evening. She didn't expect to have slept that long.

"I've just got up." Dahyun woke up and sat on the edge of her bed.

“You just woke up?!” Chaeyoung was surprised to hear that.

"Yeah." Dahyun rubbed her eyes. "I'm going to find some food. Then, I will sleep again.”

"You're not going to the ballroom?" asked Chaeyoung.

“Nope.” Dahyun hates drinking parties and games. Those are the two things that Dahyun avoids the most.

"Alright then.." Chaeyoung replied.

"If anyone is looking for me, please tell them I am in the toilet, okay?" Dahyun asked Chaeyoung.

"Okay bro," Chaeyoung chuckled.

After that, Dahyun ended their call. Dahyun intended to wash her face, then look for some food. However, before Dahyun stood up, someone suddenly opened their bedroom door.

"Are you awake?" Nayeon asked while carrying a bag of foods in her right hand and a bag of drinks in her left hand.

"Oh, sunbaenim!" Dahyun was surprised to see Nayeon.

"I brought you some food and drink." Nayeon showed the foods and drinks she brought. "I also haven't had dinner yet. Let's eat together."

Dahyun didn't expect that she would have dinner with Nayeon in their room that night. Dahyun had planned to run away from the drinking party since the previous day. However, Nayeon was not in her plan.

"Why haven't you eaten dinner yet, sunbaenim?" Dahyun asked. Then, she took a sip of her soju.

"I was too busy taking care of many things earlier," Nayeon answered. Ah, that's because she's a committee member, Dahyun thought.

After that conversation, they didn't say a single word to each other. The atmosphere became very awkward. Dahyun wanted to run away from this situation. But, she couldn't do that. I don't wanna be with Nayeon sunbaenim right now! Dahyun thought.

"You aren't going to the ballroom?" Nayeon asked. Then, she slurped her ramen noodles.

Dahyun didn't want to lie. She knew if she lied, she had to join the drinking party. She wanted to avoid that. "I'm not going to the ballroom. I wanna go back to sleep."

“Oh I see,” Nayeon replied. "I also don't wanna join the drinking party."

Even though Dahyun and Nayeon said they didn't want to join the drinking party, they instead held their own drinking party in their room. Since then, Dahyun had slowly opened up to Nayeon. Maybe it was because of the alcohol she drank.

At that time Dahyun and Nayeon were lying on Nayeon's bed. Don't ask why they ended up in such a position. Even Dahyun herself didn't understand why she wanted to lie next to Nayeon.

"How was your first week?" Nayeon asked while glancing at Dahyun.

"Not as bad as I imagined," Dahyun answered.

"That's great." Nayeon tucked Dahyun's hair behind her ear. That small gesture made Dahyun's heart flutter. Why? Dahyun asked herself.

"Are you interested in me?" Dahyun herself didn't understand why she asked that question. She couldn't think straight anymore.

Nayeon didn't answer her question. She just stared at Dahyun as if it would give Dahyun the answer. Dahyun also stared at her. For a few moment, they had a eye-staring contest.

Damn, she's so pretty, Dahyun thought before she finally kissed Nayeon.

.

.

.

Nayeon was on top of Dahyun. The upper part of Nayeon's body was alre

Please log in to read the full chapter