021; changes

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Should we check in on them?"

Kierra glanced over at Serena as the pair were decorating cupcakes instead of baking cookies. Serena craved cupcakes and so decided she was gonna give their friends these in place of whatever she owed them. Linna and Melanie returned home at separate times with both announcing that 'they've broken up' and went straight to their rooms with Melanie only dropping off the things that Serena wanted her to buy.

"No." Serena responded as Kierra continued to worry.

"I mean, I think we should."

"They want alone time because now they have to process how to go about their life after the so-called break-up."

"I know that, but I don't know if they've eaten since this morning."

"Then go make them something to eat and leave it by their door or order something if you're worry."

"Yeah, but still..."

Kierra paused in mid-frosting while looking at the direction of their rooms while Serena continued to decorate as she talked.

"Although we do know that it was all fake to begin with, but still, like all the stories I've read and even have written before using that theme or plot, and the same with dramas and movies, it ends up the same way of sorts. Of course, the reactions are different and how each person plays it out to make sense for them, but the overall feels are still the same."

"How so?"

Kierra faced Serena as she continued with her work.

"Because regardless of how it gets found out or settled or whatever, real feelings were involved and you can't really go back to how you and the other person once were when something like that happens to you both. Like, you could pretend all you want to think that nothing happened, but something did happen whether you like it or not. Which I think is why they're just a bit numb right now until they figure out what to do or even want to talk about it."

"Okay, true. Fine." Kierra said, giving in.

She still cast her eyes over to the rooms as Serena eyed her.

"Girl, chill. If they're anything like us, then they'll be fine with time."

Kierra eyed Serena.

"That's the thing I'm worrying about. They're like us, but not really like us."

"Yeah, true, but we all handle things differently. We just gotta be here if they need us."

Serena shrugged as she finished decorating her half of the cupcakes.

"So, it is what it is and we'll just let life run it's course. Anyway, let's go grocery shopping to clear our heads and give them some space."

The pair partially cleaned up their mess, setting aside the unfinished cupcakes. They got ready while telling their sisters they were going out shopping and to text them if they wanted them to buy anything. While out shopping, Hyeyoung had messaged them to see if they could do her a favor tomorrow night.

"Good evening, everyone." Hyeyoung greeted the customers of 20 CUBE, a cafe that had an entertainment corner, where she worked.

"Tonight, I would like to introduced, Grey Skies!"

The customers cheered and clapped as the cousins walked onto the small stage in dark colored clothing and shoes without any face masks. They weren't in the mood for all of that. Hyeyoung had asked the four to help her out as it got them to be out of the house and distract them from other things. Hyeyoung glanced at her friends before facing the crowd again.

"So, before any of y'all get the wrong idea about them, these four ladies would like to bring down the mood a bit for their segment in tribute to those that have been wronged in love or had just lost a love one."

The quartet decided to go the route of break-up and sad songs to help Melanie and Linna get over this feeling and mood as quickly as possible.

"But don't worry, we have other wonderful acts after that that will bring up the mood once more!" Hyeyoung assured the crowd before motioning at her friends again.

"So, please be kind to our friends, Grey Skies!"

Hyeyoung walked off the stage, leaving it to the quartet. Serena started them off.

"1, 2..."

Serena glanced at the other three as they nodded to indicate they were ready.

"We're Grey Skies!"

The crowd cheered once more as the quartet each introduced themselves starting from Serena, then Linna, followed by Melanie, and last with Kierra. However, Linna and Melanie spoke with as much enthusiasm as they could. Their stage names fitted their new group name.

"I'm Gyeoul Bi!"

Winter Rain.

"I'm Gaeul Bi."

Autumn Rain.

"I'm Bom Bi."

Spring Rain.

"I'm Yeoreum Bi!"

Summer Rain.

They finished the rest together.

"And once again, we're Grey Skies! Please watch over us kindly."

More cheers as Serena continued speaking.

"Yes, we're bringing the mood down, but please  vibe with us for now."

She looked at the trio as they took a seat on stage with the chairs Hyeyoung and staff had prepared for them.

"Let's begin with the first song of our segment, Good Night Like Yesterday."

The quartet motioned with their hands in front of them to signal to Hyeyoung that they were ready whenever they were.

"Music, cue!"

The soft melodies played as the rest of the segment continued on with I'll Back Off So You Could Live Better, then, What Do You Know, followed by, Only One, and lastly with GHOST with miminal breaks in-between for them to grab a drink or take a breather.

"1, 2..." Serena began while looking at the others once their segment ended and finished as a group, "We were Grey Skies!"

The quartet bowed as they thanked the crowd for listening in on them and letting them express themeslves. Hyeyoung took over once more to introduce the next act as she quietly thanked her friends for participating. However, the four weren't aware that Jake, Sunghoon, and company were in the crowd and witnessed the cousins pouring their hearts tonight. Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki questioned if something happened, not really directing it towards the other four despite Sunghoon and Jake being tensed during their stages. As for Heeseung and Jay, their thoughts lied elsewhere in concern.

"Are you on a group date, Park Chaewon?"

"Yeah, most definitely."

Nara became pleased although her own boyfriend stood right by her, seeming annoyed. The four were waiting outside the restaurant for their older cousins, Eunmi, and her sons to arrive as the quartet were early. Eunmi had an announcement to make and invited the six as she saw them as family. Anyway, Nara couldn't mind her business as she came up to them with Sunyong in tow when Taeyoung, Hanjun, and Seohoo arrived before their mother and greeted the quartet.

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

Melanie couldn't care any more about the situation despite still feeling weirded out about the overall situation in general although she knew that she still had to interact with Jake eventually. She ditched her last tutoring session and ignored him class. Other than that, Melanie just wished Nara would leave her alone. The others didn't intervene, allowing Melanie to handled it on her own accord.

"Now, if that's all you came here for, Kim Nara, then we're done here."

"Wait. I wanna know about Jung Yiseul and Sunghoon, too. Are y'all still dating?"

Nara pointed at Linna as the latter replied with a nochalant attitude.

"We broke up, too. You can tell Choi Rika that she's free to chase after him."

Linna and Melanie boredly stared at her.

"Now, please leave us alone."

"Ha, wonderful!"

Sungyong cast his girlfriend a look.

"How is that wonderful?"

Nara realized he was still around and that she was committed to another person. She flashed him a sweet smile, being cutesy and all.

"Let's eat somewhere else."

"But I-"

Nara pulled Sunyong's arm and hurriedly led the two away from the restaurant. The male trio stared at Linna and Melanie.

"Y'all had boyfriends?"

Melanie and Linna didn't want to talk about it and so Kierra and Serena intervened, directing the attention to someone else.

"They did."

"That's not important."

Seohoo felt offended.

"I went to school with y'all, but none of you told me though?" 

He pouted as everyone laughed while his brothers .

"Not such a ladies' man are you?"

"I wouldn't date you if I was them either though."

Seohoo ignored his brothers' words as the group of friends continued to converse until the rest showed up a few minutes later.

"You didn't have to lie to me, Hayoun." Jay remarked in a heated tone, catching Kierra by surprise.

Kierra had exited the women restroom and was on her way back to her family where Eunmi had invited Lina, Dana, and company as she considered them family since she had no other immediate family besides her sons as her husband passed several years ago and the in-laws cut contact after his death. Anyway, Eunmi announced her sudden engagement with her then boyfriend now turned fiance when Jay intercepted Kierra in the short hallway. Kierra cast him with a puzzled look, unaware that Jay was dining here, too.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Jay."

"Clearly you actually have a boyfriend, Jung Hayoun. You shouldn't have strung me along."

"I never strung you along, Park Jongseong."

Kierra matched his energy despite being fully aware they were still in the restaurant with onlookers could possibly here her. Kierra remained calm and collect as to try not get defensive, wondering if Jay's close friends were around, too.

"And I don't have a boyfriend. What even gave you the impression that I did?"

"I saw it with my own eyes, Hayoun. You were having dinner and Jaeho had his arms around you all night."

Jaeho was a mutual friend between them and turned out to be the sung of Eunmi's fiance, Choi Daeho. Still, Kierra frowned, wondering if Jay didn't see that Jaeho also had his arms around Serena all night, too?

"Jaeho is just a friend. I'm not sure why you're so upset, Jay, but I'm here having dinner in support my aunt's engagement."

She didn't

Please log in to read the full chapter