Chapter 4

You in between of doubts [OffGun Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I got off my bed as I heard my phone rang.

Is it Papi?

I looked at my phone in disappointment as I saw it was not from him. Right. He had a schedule today.

 "Moshi mosh?" I said as I picked up the phone call.

"Gun?" she said as if confirming it is really me she's talking to and not my manager.

"Yep?" I asked her.

"Do you have any schedules today?" She asked me.

"No." I said.

"Great! Then can you please come to Zoone?" She pleaded.

I met her at Zoone, my fave hangout bar, since she performs there.  She's famous so GMMTV hired her to sing one of the ost of our series. She told me the first time we met, that she only wrote and sang a song for GMMTV since she was a fan. I also heard that a lot of scouts are trying to win her over but she always declined. I don't know what's wrong with this girl. 

"Why? What's wrong, Zali?" I asked her.

I know something is wrong cause if she only wanted to hangout, she'd only send a text message. 

"Uh, It's Aiven." She said. 

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"We actually agreed to drink as early as five in the afternoon cause I have a gig at nine." She explained.

"So he's drunk right now?" I hinted.

"No. He's still not here actually, and that worries me." She said.

"What?" I looked at my phone. "But it's already 8:22. He's normally very punctual" 

"I know. I can't even contact him anymore." she added.

"Okay. I'll try to get a hold of him right now. I know you have to prepare for the performance right now." I told her. 

"Omg. thank you so much! I actually wanna help too but you know.." She hesitated. This girl really have the sweetest heart.

"I told you it's okay." I assured her.

"Thank you again! I wouldn't know what to do without you. I'm worried sick for him." She said with a tone full of genuine worry. I let out a small laugh.

"He's not your burden alone. Oh my gosh, we're all friends. We all have to take care of each other sometimes. " I said. She is this kind of person. She never asked her friends for comfort but she always see to it that she is there when things gets hard. 

Speaking of hard times, what's wrong with Aiven, seriously?

"Okay, but can I ask for one more favor?" She asked.

"Sure." I said. 

"Please don't say or ask anything to Aiven when you see him. Just invite him to party all night. You see, he just broke up with his girlfriend." She informed me.

Oh. 

So this was why?

"Okay. I'll head there as soon as I find him." I said. 

I tried to contact him as soon as the call ended. She was right he's out of reach. I grabbed my phone, keys and coat and quickly headed out of the room. 

"Where are you going? I thought you wanted to rest today?" My younger sister asked me as I saw her going inside the house. 

"Something came up. What about you? Why are you home so late?" I asked her.

"Excuse me? Did you forget already? I went to the cinema today. I asked you to come with me but you rejected, remember?" She said.

"Oh. Well, I have no say. I have to go now, alright?" I said. 

"What happened? You seem to be in a hurry." She noticed.

"Oh, yeah. Aiven seems to be in trouble. I can't contact him."

"Aiven? Why? What happened?" She seemed panicky. 

"You don't have to know." I turned my back on her and turned my car engine on.

"Phi! I'll go with you!" She said. 

"No." I said as I entered my car and started driving. 

I arrived at his condo and pressed the doorbell. 

No one answered. Is he not here? I took my phone out and dialed his ex's number. She was stiff when she answered the phone. What is she so scared of? Anyway, I shrugged it off and asked for Aivens condo pass code which she gave to me easily. 

I pressed the numbers and it turned out to be right. Guess he didn't changed his pass code yet. 

I opened the door to see him sitting at the sofa while staring at the television blankly. I mean, literally. Netflix even asked if he wants to continue watching but his mind seems to drift of somewhere. Somewhere very far away. 

"Aiven!" I called his attention. Looks like he didn't hear me. He couldn't even hear the doorbell, sound of me, punching in his pass code. How much more if I only called him? I think he wouldn't even notice if his house is on fire. 

"Aiven!" I tapped his shoulders. 

"Oh, since when did you come?" He turned to me.

"Just now." I kept on observing him since he suddenly smiled upon seeing me. That creeped me out. I swear. 

"By the way, did Zali tell you to come?" he asked and got up from the sofa to turn off the TV who just served as a display till now. 

"Yes. You already contacted her already?" Zali didn't even bother to tell me.

"What do you mean? Of course. We agreed to meet at five. Isn't that why you're here?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion however I furrowed my eyebrows even more. No one can be as dumbfounded as I am right now. 

This man didn't even notice the time. I waved my head in disbelief. I walked towards his balcony and opened up his curtains till it revealed the amazing night view of Bangkok.

"See." I told him. 

"What time is it now?" He panicky asked. 

"It's past nine already." I told him as I checked my watch.

"Oh. Zali must be worried then." He then picked up his phone at the coffee table. 

"You bet." I whispered.   

"What?" He asked me. 

"Nothing. I don't have the time to waste at your condo so let's go to Zoone now!" I said. He laughed at my remark.

"Alright. Let me change my clothes for a bit." He informed me.

After he changed, he told me that his phone was dead bat. Zali and I called several times, Whose phone battery would still be alive after all that ringing? So I told him to not worry since he can charge at my car. 

After we arrived at Zoone, we did nothing but drink and party. 

"Why don't you go to the dance floor like the usual?" He asked me.

"I'm just tired." That was an excuse. Papi don't like it when I dance with someone else when he's not around. 

We probably decided to call it a night at three am since Zoone doesn't close till sunrise. If he didn't black out, We probably stayed there till it's closing time. He cried a lot while telling me what really happened between them. So I just sat there to be with him quietly. 

Sometimes, when things are too hard for someone, it's better to just be there with them without a word.  That's the best comfort you can give.

 Zali took the job of bri

Please log in to read the full chapter