i need to let him go

she can never be mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You guys wanna get something to eat, I'm starving." Momo says clutching her stomach.

"When are you not?" Momo looks unfazed as if accepting the truth coming out from Dahyun's mouth.

"There's a café on the second floor, we can go there if you like." Mina says not looking at anyone in particular. "Chaeyoung told me about it."

They are about to head to the café but suddenly they hear loud chants.

"GOD JI HYO! GOD JI HYO! GOD JI HYO!"

Joy sees a beautiful lady, with a cute smile and big eyes entering the building. She's wearing jeans and a plain shirt. By the chants Joy assumes she's a star here.

"She must be a star, I'll take my leave guys." Sana says excitedly, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Oh I'll go with my friend here." Jin says holding Sana's hand. They both look at each other seriously for a second, then burst into laughter.

They both exit and Joy and the others go to the café. They enter the café and saw many people sitting there. They see a table free and just settle there.

They just chill and eat and talk for some time.

"I feel like I'm gonna end up single for life." Dahyun whines almost like a little kid.

"Oh, not with that face, no." Momo says, very openly flirting with the other.

"Uhh aren't you dating someone?" Mina asks, confused.

"Oh honey, he teaches her how to flirt." Lisa makes an annoyed face which is soon turned into a smile. "I can't believe I'm saying this but they really are made for each other."

--

"She's so humble and nice. I get why they were calling her God Jihyo." Sana says looking at Jin.

They both met a singer, a very famous one here. Sana is delighted, Jihyo was actually a very nice person to talk to.

"I know right, she acted like we were her friends." Jin says.

"I think we could be great friends, I wanna know her more." Sana links her arm into Jin's.

"Friend or.....?" Jin says, grinning.

"Jinnie don't you listen? She said 'babe' to that person who called."

Jin shrugs. "So what, you call every other person babe."

"Touché"

Jin suggests that they should just head to the café, where the others are. But Sana's bored and she wants to see the place more, so she suggests going by the poolside.

And now they're sitting beside each other, with their feet in water. No one's talking, it's just silent and Sana likes that. It's not weird or anything.

"Sana?" Jin says looking at the water in the pool.

"Hm?"

"What would you do if you like someone who would probably never like you back?" Jin says with a serious expression.

"Aww, does my little Jinnie like someone?" Sana pinches the other's cheeks.

"Hey! Stop that! And little- what do you mean? I'm older than you." Jin scowls. He tries to move away from the other, but she grabs his hand.

Sana glances at Jin, his face now slightly sad. She might act kiddish and playful, but she really cares about Jinnie and doesn't want to see him sad like that.

"Okay first of all, why would you be so sure that she can never like you? I mean that's an exaggeration."

"I know, Sana. I know she can't like me." Jin looks away.

"Hey, I'm not used to seeing you like this. If that stupid girl doesn't like you, she's missing out on life, okay?" Sana holds this hand again. "After all you're Mr. World Wide Handsome!"

A smile makes its way on Jinnie's face, Sana's grateful that she can make him smile like that again.

"You remember that?"

"Of course I do, you wouldn't stop calling yourself that in high school." She pulls him into a tight hug. She feels him burying his face in the crook of her neck. She thinks maybe he needs this and so she doesn't let go, instead she whispers.

"You should try telling her, Jinnie."

"I can't." The words barely come out of his mouth, but Sana hears. Jin tightens his grip on Sana, not willing to let go.

She wants to know this girl, put some sense into her, but she knows it's not the right time to ask, so she holds on, not letting go either.

A few days later, Sana is strolling around on the road, they were done working for the day so she decided to go out of the building and roam around the streets. She's standing in front of a big convenience store, just looking at it.

She's actually thinking if she needs something from there. Just then two men approach her.

"Hi, you need help?" The taller one says.

"Umm no I was just thinking if I need anything."

They looked like foreigners, Sana got a weird vibe from them but just ignored it. Sana, being the cheerful extrovert she is, started talking to them.

They talk for a while about random things, it is almost like the guys are finding topics to talk about.

"Hey we're heading to this party in a club nearby, wanna join?" The shorter one with blone hair says with his mouth twisted.

"I don't think so, I have to head back, it's late already."

Sana is the biggest party-lover but she's just tired after a long day of work and she just wants to sleep in her comfortable matress.

"Come on it's just 9 it'll be fun, we assure you." His eyes turns dark, and he moves forward, closer to Sana.

Sana moves backword, clearly uncomfortable, but he doesn't stop. He keeps on moving closer and tries to grab Sana's hand. She ushers his hand away.

"Hey why are you so mean, we're not asking for anything....." He smirks and his lips in a disgusting way. ".....yet."

"I'm sorry I'm not interested."

Sana is disgusted by them and just wants to slap his face real hard but she doesn't. Sana starts to walk away but one of them holds her waist.

"Not interested in a face like this?"

Your face is disgusting and I'm not even interested in men, you idiot.

She had enough of thier bull. She pushes the guy with enough strength for him to fall hard on the ground. But he supports himself somehow and doesn't fall.

She already said she isn't interested, she could just say she's not interested in men but guys like these tend to like that fact, and she knows it very well.

"Babe, let's go."

She hears a familiar voice and fingers intertwine with her own.

Jin is standing there, shooting daggers with his stare. He's clenching his jaw. His eyes only have anger in them. He's looking straight at the guys.

"Who would you be, mister?" The blonde one says.

"I'm her boyfriend." Jinnie looks at Sana and nods in an assuring manner as if telling her 'it's fine'. After a pause he looks at the guys again and says. "Now if you'll please excuse us, we have somewhere to be."

With that he drags her out of there and to her suprise the guys don't follow them or anything. She's thankful for Jinnie today.

As they reach a bit far away, he squeezes onto her hand and then lets go. He starts walking faster almost as if he's trying to leave Sana behind. She's startled by his actions.

"Hey! You're supposed to be my boyfriend, where are you running off to?" She almost shouts, he just stops for a second, still not looking back at her and starts walking again.

"Wait! Jinnie." She starts running towards him. As she reaches him she tries to hold onto his arm.

He pushes her arm away really hard.

"What? What do you want me to say, huh? You're not a ing kid, Sana! Do I have to teach you not to talk to dodgy people like that? For god's sake! !"

Sana has never seen him shout like that. She's never been shouted at before, coming from Jin is just an addition to it all. He's punching the air.

"D-don't sh..shout." Sana doesn't want to admit, but she's scared.  She's looking down timidly, fidgeting with her shirt.

Jin looks at Sana and moves back, almost as if realising what he just said. He looks so.....


.....lost.


"I'm....I'm s-sorry. It's just that- you- if I would have been late- Sana I can't imagin-"

Sana abruptly moves forward and moves her hands on his nape, resting her face on his head. She is on her tiptoes, almost hanging on to him.

She can't see him this helpless.

It's all because of me.

They're mostly just playing around and joking, and Jinnie is a happy pill, just like her but this Jin in front of her, he's sad, angry, maybe even afraid.

"You're right, Jinnie. It's my fault, I-I'll be careful next time."

He doesn't say anything, just hugs her tighter, his hands on her waist. Sana can't help but notice, sometimes he acts weird like this. It feels like there's a burden he's carrying around.

Suddenly she feels her shoulder getting wet. Then she hears sniffs. She tries to pull apart, but Jinnie doesn't let her.

"Jinnie, what- why are you- hey."

She forcefully pulls away. And when she sees his face, her whole world stops. He looks like he's trying to hold it in but tears won't stop flowing out. He's hastily trying to wipe them away with his sleeves, hide them. But they show themselves.

She moves closer to him, holds his hands, moves them away. She then holds his cheeks and wipes the tears herself. She's so close to crying, just by seeing her best friend cry like that.

"Let it all out, Jinnie."

She holds him gently.

"You can tell me Jinnie, you know that right?" She says gently, still wiping his tears.

After hearing that he cries even more, rests his head on her shoulder and holds her tight. Between sobs, she hears,



"I-I....love h-her....so much."

Sana feels a weight on her stomach. She lifts her eyelids, barely, to see Jinnie holding onto her like life. He looks like a little kid snuggled up to his mother.

This kid! He looks so cute.

She moves a little bit to get up, but Jin moves even closer and stops her from moving. So she just lays there looking at her friend as she remembers what happened yesterday.

His words confused Sana.

Who did he love so much?

She thought for a while and remembered the girl Jin liked. Jin had told her about that a week ago, but she didn't know it was hurting him so much.

Jin was very different in high school, he used to collect girls here and there and Sana thought that that's how he is, but seeing Jin stuck on this one girl, who apparently doesn't like him back, was surprising.

She held him for some time while he cried on her shoulder. She thought that he needs a friend at this time and she'll help him get over her.

She has to.

"Let's go back, Jinnie, it's getting late."

He moved away from Sana and hid his face, like she didn't just see him a moment ago. He tried to wipe his face with his sleeve again.

"Come here Jinnie, you look like a baby."

She smiled gleefully and tugged his arm and walked towards the building.

They reached there and Jin started moving towards his room.

"Where are you off to?" Sana scowled.

"Uhh my room?" Jinnie said with a expression that said 'duh'.

Sana doesn't want to let him go alone, not tonight, so she tried to pull him to her own room. But of course Jin is stronger.

"Pleaaassee, come with meee." She acted cute and keeps on pulling his sleeve, she tried to think of an excuse. "I'm really afraid of the dark, Jinnie, I don't wanna bee allooonee."

Jin smiled and opened his mouth to say something but nothing comes out. It looked like he was still in thought process.

"Kim Seokjin, I order you to come with me tonight." She tried to act authoritative, and scary, but Jin laughed out loud after seeing that.

"You can't act scary Sana, you're too cute for that." He said, but looked like he regretted saying that a moment after.

Sana pouted and was finally able to drag him to her room. They reached there and Sana went to the bathroom. She wanted to know about this stupid girl who's hurting Jin and maybe have a very peaceful talk with her.

She went out only to see a half Jin on the couch, covered up in multiple blankets.

"What the heck Jinnie, why do you have your shirt off?" She joked while dramatically covering her eyes."My eyes! My eyes!"

"You know I can't sleep with my shirt on, and don't act like you haven't seen these beautiful abs before." He looked at his abs with heart eyes, admiring them.

She started laughing, while Jin still admired his abs. She could swear this guy in front of her is the high school Jinnie.

"Come on you can sleep on the bed, your legs don't even fit there."

She still looked at Jin who agressively shook his head and then looked away. She can't understand why he's acting so weird. So she just looked at him and pointed to the bed. She then started moving towards him, but before she could reach he already moved out and jumped on the bed.

"It's better if you just listen to me directly, Jinnie."

He still doesn't look at her. She went and sat on the other side of the bed and pulled the blankets over her.
 

Silence.
 

Sana finally asked what's been on her mind for so long.

"You wanna talk about it, Jin?"

"T-talk about what?"

"About her, the one you love." Sana said looking at him intently, while he just seemed to look at the front.

"I-I- there's nothing to- uhmm no."

She knew it must be hard, but talking to people is always better tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter