It’s Okay

It’s Okay if It’s Too Late
Please log in to read the full chapter

Three more minutes..

Two more minutes..

one more minute..

 

Ring!! Ring!!

 

The bell finally rang. The teacher and the students started walking out of the classroom. However, I was still sitting on my desk. I looked at the scenery outside and supported my chin with my right hand. I was usually cheerful, but that day I felt so gloomy.

 

Plukk!

 

I felt something touched my right arm. I looked at it and it turned out to be a piece of paper that had been crumpled up. I looked in the direction the paper came from. Then, I found Sana, my best friend since childhood. She smiled at me then waving her hand.

"I don't want to go anywhere, Sana," I complained.

"Come on, Dahyun! Let's go to the rooftop!" She tried to show her puppy eyes.

I couldn’t stand the way she looked at me. So, I finally surrendered. I went to the rooftop with her. When we got there, I just sat quietly and didn't say a word. I just enjoyed the wind. I hoped the wind could carry away my gloomy feelings.

"Dahyun, have you decided which club you want to join?" She asked breaking the ice.

"You don’t need my answer. You already know it," I replied lazily.

"Music club, huh? I thought you would try something new."

"You know the only I can do is playing piano. How about you?"

"I wanted to try something new. So I chose the cooking club. You should try my food, OK?"

"Yeah, I'll definitely try it. So don't forget to cook something for me."

"Yes, I will cook many things for you!"

"Thanks for comforting me, Sana."

"No problem. Don't be sad anymore because of your brother, Dubu~"

"Yeah, I’ll try. Even though I can still meet him, I feel so sad because he left."

I was happy to meet someone like Sana. She was the one who always made me smile. I couldn’t imagine life without her. So, I hope I’ll be by her side for a long time. I knew it seemed exaggerated, but she really meant a lot to me.

 

————————————————————————

 

Ring!! Ring!!

 

Finally, the last lesson was over. Sana and I walked out of school and headed for the nearest bus stop. Sana and I always went home together. Our houses were next to each other. Therefore, we always went home together. That’s why our family were so closed.

On the bus, we were sitting in the back. Sana was on my left and I was on her right. While waiting for our stop, I was listening to my favorite song using my headphones. I didn't know why I really liked that song. It just made me want to keep playing it.

A few moments later, I felt something touching my left shoulder. I looked and saw that Sana had fallen asleep. I just smiled at her. But, it was just for a moment. She then lifted her head from my shoulder. I knew she was still sleepy. So, I pulled her head gently back over my shoulder. I let her fall asleep on my shoulder. I knew she must be tired.

 

————————————————————————

 

It was the day we joined our first club in high school. The new students were gathered in our school hall. After that, the student council members led our ways to the club we chose. That's where I parted ways with Sana and headed to the club I chose, the music club. I was greeted warmly by our seniors. I was really happy and wonder if Sana felt the same too.

Break time finally arrived. Sana and I promised to meet on the rooftop. So, I came earlier than Sana. Then, I was waiting for her while guessing what story  she would tell me. Not long after that, Sana came while looking so excited.

"You look so happy," I said while smiling.

"The seniors are really friendly and I also met a really handsome senior! I didn't expect someone so handsome would join the cooking club!" She said so excitedly.

"That's good then. You really like him, huh."

"Of course! All the new kids also have a crush on him. Ah, I feel so lucky to join the club~"

"Then you should try to ask him out?”

"Do you think that’s possible? I mean I don’t if I am her type."

"You're so cute and funny. You're also beautiful. So, what’s the problem?"

"I'm sure he already has a girlfriend.."

"That's just your guess. Come on, Sana!"

I tried to cheer her up. I wanted the best for her. As a friend, I should support her. She had supported me many times and it was my turn to support her. I wanted to be a good friend for her. But, I was getting an uneasy feeling. Why? I didn’t know.

 

————————————————————————

 

Our club activities had began. Luckily, Sana and I had the same schedule. So, we still went home together. I enjoyed my club activities and it seemed Sana also enjoyed hers. Every time we met, she always told me about her club activities. She also didn’t forget to mention her crush.

Break time finally arrived. Sana and I chose to  had a lunch at the rooftop again. The rooftop became our favorite place during our break time. There were only the two of us there during that time. Therefore, we felt comfortable to share many things there.

"Yesterday, he helped me and the way he looked at me made me so nervous, " Sana said excitedly.

"Why don't you try to get his number?" I asked.

"Are you crazy? I don't think I can do that!"

"You know how many people have a crush on him, right? You should quickly make a move!”

"But I don't he would give me his number. What should I do?"

"Believe in yourself, Sana."

I kept trying to encourage her. However, she still didn’t believe in herself. I told her If I were a man, I would probably fall in love with her. Or maybe I already fell in love with her. But, she didn’t need to know that.

After all our activities at school were over, Sana and I walked to the bus stop. While waiting for the bus, she told me about her club activities again. She also gave me the food she made during her club activities. I tried it and it was really delicious!

"This is so good!" I was surprised.

"Is it?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yes! Wow, I had no idea you can make something like this."

"Aww, thank you, Dubu~"

"I should be the one thanking you."

"Oh by the way, I managed to get his number!!"

"Really?!"

"Yes! I secretly asked him and he gave me a small piece of paper with his phone number on it. He also winked at me when he gave it!"

"That means he likes you too! You should ask him out!"

"I'm still afraid to do that.."

"Oh, come on, Sana..."

The bus we were waiting for finally arrived. So, we both got on the bus. I let Sana walk ahead of me. From behind, I tried to smile. I had to feel happy, right? But, it hurt me. I knew I was not her ‘best’ friend.

 

————————————————————————

 

Several months later, we finally were getting used to our high school. I started to get close to my club members and so did Sana. Recently, Sana had gone out with her club friends. I was glad to see her getting close to her club mates. She was also getting closer to the senior she likes. I was happy with the progress.. right?

 

Ring!! Ring!!

 

Break time finally arrived. The students started to leave their respective classes. Sana suddenly called me. She usually did that before we went together to the rooftop.

"Wait a minute. Let put this book in my bag before—“

"Sorry, I can't be with you during this break. He asked me to have lunch with him," she replied.

"Oh, that’s good then! I’ll be rooting for you!"

"Thank you so much Dubu~"

Please log in to read the full chapter