So Close Yet So Far

Going Crazy Oneshot - BangDae
(Authore Note: I first would like to apologize for switching the POV's so much. Second if you don't know what I had done was that I incorporated the lyrics of a song into the Oneshot in order. Please enjoy reading)
Song Used: Going Crazy - Song Eun Ji & Bang Yong Gook

No one’s POV

“Daehyun~!” Yongguk knocked against the door and yelled.

“I know you’re home Daehyun. Please open up!”

“Go away Yongguk!” Daehyun yelled as he leaned against the locked door.

“I love you Daehyun, can’t you tell?!” Yongguk remained in his spot.

It’s not love!” Daehyun felt tears forming in his eyes.
This isn’t love! It’s just your obsession” Daehyun shouted as tears rolled down his cheeks.

“No. That’s not true, I love you! ” Yongguk shouted back.
No matter where I am and no matter what I do. It’s scary that you are watching me” Daehyun felt his knees going weak. He slid down onto the floor as he muffled his sobs in his hands.

Back in the past

Yongguk’s POV

“Daehyun~ If only I got the courage I can just meet you face to face.” I whispered as I hid behind the brick wall and whispered to myself. Daehyun was taking an afternoon walk in the park. Following your shadow, I call you on the phone. Your shaky breath makes me excited. And with that I could spoke a word. You began looking around as if you knew that I was there. Your eyes landed on mines. You arm weaken and dropped down as you stared at me with your beautiful eyes. You quickly turned around and ran away. My heart runs after your increasingly quick steps. What seemed so devastating I had lost you. You seemed to have disappeared without a trail. I think I’ll go crazy. I decided to go back home missing you inside my heart.

“No, I can’t give up.” I said to myself. As the night gets darker. I found a place where you will be at. I stood right there. Under the dead streetlight in front of your house. I’m watching you through the crack in your window.

“I finally get to see you again.” I stared at the gorgeous figure inside the house.
Until the night ends. Come on and find me quickly.” I said hoping that you can hear me.
You keep playing a suffocating game of hide-and-seek with me.
You, you, you~” my voice shaken
You’re inseparable from me” I whispered and ended it for the day.

The next morning I got into a new pair of clothes and set off to find my love. I went to the store early morning and bought some fresh roses just for him. I specially waited for him at his work place. I stood in front of the entrance until I finally saw you. You were too busy looking at your watch that you didn’t notice me.

“D-Daehyun” I took the courage to approach you. I held the roses out to you hoping that you would accept them.

“W-What are you doing?” He asked me.

“I bought these roses for you my love.” I said to him.

Have you gone crazy? Why are you being like this?” Daehyun yelled. He bit down of his soft lips from. You always do that when your nervous. I still held my arm out with the roses until you accepted them. You finally grasp the flowers out of my hands but only to see you throw them at me.
Please stop now and leave me alone” He pleaded with doe in his eyes.

“Why~? Why are you saying this? Did I do something wrong?” I was confused.
Seeing you suffocates me. Please disappear from my sight” He said before turning away.

“Daehyun!” I called out to him but he went into the building.

You can never escape from me. You can love no one else but me” I said to myself.

“I know you and I know that you love me the same as I love you”
Just try running away . No matter where you are, I can see you, and you know that deeply. that thought ran through my head.
You can never escape from me. You can love no one else but me” I repeated as I backed off for a better glimpse of where your office was. As what seemed like forever I finally saw you. You looked down at me with deep dark eyes.
Look at me now. I don’t wanna cry no more, more~” I mouthed to him. The way he rejects me just made me feel so horrible inside. You’re the only one I love and the only one that I’ll cry for.

Daehyun’s POV

I don’t wanna cry no more, more~I said in my heart. Seeing him doing these thing made me feel so terrible inside. Its all because of me. I got him tangled in my life.

Just disappear, just back off” I felt so disturbed inside.
I really can’t even breathe I placed my hand on my chest. I never thought that you would change this much. No matter where I go, or where I am. It’s frightening when you follow me. I wanted to tell that to him so much as I stare down at him. I backed away from the window and set everything aside.

Yongguk’s POV

The next day I tried calling you.

A hundred times and a thousand times more. I call you but why, why is there no answerI said as I dialed your number again and again but the only voice I heard was the operator’s once again. I looked over to the calendar. Today’s date was circle in red and inside it had 1000 days written down.
Have you forget? It’s been a thousand days since we first met” I felt really sad. Could it be that you are busy? I’ve even prepared a gift you’d like. I decided that since I can’t call you, I will go find you myself. I sit on the street you often walk by. Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours.
Do you know I’m waiting for you my love?” I glance down both ends of the street hoping to see you. I know that you still might be mad at me. Misunderstood me. Your hurtful words repeated in my head.
Don’t say it’s obsession, you don’t know my love. Don’t say I’m crazy, you don’t know my heart.I answered in my head

You, you, you~ I repeated.
There’s no way we can be separated” I said before slipping the present into your mail box

Daehyun’s POV

I managed to avoid you all day but I can still you beside me. I couldn’t even get the feeling of being alone. Just thinking about to made my heart beat faster. My work shift has already ended but I didn’t want to leave. I had no choice but to run home hoping that I wouldn’t see you. Before going into the house I checked my mail box.

What is this box for?’ I picked it up. I opened it up immediately I tossed it out of my hand. Even without reading who the sender was, I know it was you. You are the only one that would send me a piece of you hair.

“Why would you give me this? Are you out of your mind!” I yelled.

Have you gone crazy? Why are you like this?” I trembled. I quickly unlocked the door and went inside locking the door behind me.
Please stop now just leave me alone” I mumbled under my catching breathe
Seeing you suffocates me. Please disappear from my sight” I ran my fingers into my hair. I shut my eyes and wished that this was all a nightmare. I then opened my eyes to see that this was indeed reality.

End of flash back

No one’s POV

You want me too, don’t you? You love me too, don’t you?” Yongguk whispered through the door. Loud enough for Daehyun to hear, but soft enough to send shivers down his spine.
Don’t run away from me” Yongguk spoke up.
Cut the crap!” Daehyun lost his temper. Daehyun could hold back his frustrations anymore.
Get a hold of yourself and stop this. Let go of me now!” Daehyun brought his knees up to his chest. Yongguk was taken back from Daehyun’s harsh words.

This isn’t right. This isn’t love.” Daehyun said once more hoping Yongguk would understand him this time. Yongguk fell onto his knees in despair. They were so close yet they couldn’t see each other. Yongguk leaned onto the door and punched it with his fist.
You’re just hurting me, don’t do this” Daehyun’s cheek had tears streaming down, dripping onto his faded jeans.

‘You’re hurting yourself as well , so just stop it right now.’ He wanted to say it but be couldn’t.
I loved you but not anymore” Daehyun words seemed to stabbed himself in the chest. Why? Because he was the one saying these painful words. He didn’t want to but this situation was getting out of hands. Yongguk was no longer the person he had once loved. There was silence between them. Daehyun took a deep breathe to calm down.
Erase me from your memories” Daehyun said softly. Yongguk didn’t want to hear these words but he understood them well. Each of those words made his heart ached so much. He placed his throbbing hand against the door.

‘Why~?’ Was the question going through his head. His ‘love’ is right here, yet he can‘t touch him. His ‘love’ is right here, yet he can’t see him. His ’love’ is right here, yet he can’t love him… His denied love. He softly brushed his fingers against the warm wooden door.

I don’t wanna cry no more, more~” Daehyun placed his hand on the door. The one he once loved is on this very other side of this door. So close yet so far.