Chapter 2. Investigate

The game of law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Man: What the hell are you guys doing ?!

We all turned around to see a man bulldozing towards us as police officers tried to stop him. Nana, me and the rest of the team walked towards him as he stopped to look at us with much anger. If it weren't for the police officers, he would probably have entered the crime scene and punched one of us. 

Nana: Please calm down sir. We are investigating a crime right now. Please cooperate with us and leave the crime scene.

Man: Crime my ! Do you know how much money I will lose because of you guys?! Clean the hell up and off before I sue you guys!

Nana: We are lawfully right to be here sir. Are you the owner of this bar? We would like to see and get a copy of your surveillance camera.

Man: Not over my dead body! Do you guys even have a warrant?! That is what I thought! Just wait! You guys will be hearing from my lawyers! I will get each one of you fired!

The man walked away angrily as he fiddled with his phone to call his lawyer. He really reminded me of a toddler who didn't get their way. 

Jahoon: Well what an interesting first day.

Nana: Unfortunately this is something normal around here. Let's better get back home to the headquarters so we can find out who our John Doe is and how he died. One minute more here or we would be beaten up by that fella over there. I better contact Jisung, who is our ADA (assistant district attorney). He will get us the warrant that he wants as well as fight back any desperate attempt he comes with.

We all got back into our cars and drove back to the headquarters.












 

????: Nana! Just the girl I was looking for. I have some good news for you!

As soon as we walked inside, a girl with a computer in her arms ran towards us.

Nana: What is it, Hyewon? Did you find the identity of our John Doe?

Hyewon: Not only that but I have also found out where he lives and who his family are and where they live.

Nana: Wow! You are fast! So what have you found?

Hyewon: I know, I'm the best after all. So our John Doe is actually Kim Woohyuk, age 32. He has a girlfriend named Ji Mina who lived with him at the address 24th King apple street. His parents are Kim Jina and Kim Minhyuk, aged 52 and 55. They live on 10th Queen Street. I also found out that our victim was in a pretty deep debt. To be specific gambling debt and also debt to a gang called King Cobra.

Minju: King Cobra? Wasn't they the one who had caused trouble in the Forest Lake district a few years ago?

Hyewon: The exact same one.

Nana: Seems like this case has grown bigger than I expected. Minju and Yeonhee go and visit his parents to break the news about his death to them. Also, try to find out any information about Woohyuk. Have they noticed any changes in behaviour? Anything that may be relevant to the case. Jahoon and I will be visiting Mina and have a search over his place. By the way Hyewon, can you also do a background search on the owner of Sweet Chick bar as well as on a girl named Seo Soojin. I have a hunch that either, if not both, has some involvement in the death of Woohyuk.

Hyewon: Don't worry, Nana. You can believe in me.

We all split up as Hyewon w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter