Fin.

Name Given by Her

The Hirai was known as one of the impactful conglomerate family who runs a property business, mainly focusing on city infrastructures, housing, and some public spaces. Although they already expanded their business throughout the whole nations even to the other neighbor country like south Korea, China, Hongkong, Taiwan and such, their main or base is still in Kyoto, Japan. Mostly, things around the city were built either by the Hirai company or supported by the Hirai. Not to mention that some of the family member also part of the nation’s council. Yes… They are very impactful

But from their prestigious reputation, some of the family member acted a little bit too snobbish and cocky. Too proud of their wealth and despise people who were lower than them. So although many people respect the Hirai, some despise them too. Especially competitors.

 

For Hirai Momo’s family case… Thankfully, they are the loved and respected Hirais. Not the other side and all of that thanks to her father’s doing. He always stays warm, humble, and approachable to everyone.

Her father had few business districts developed by him or he invested on the making of it. Well, he wasn’t really had to come and greet all the vendors there… but at least once a month, he’ll come and greet everyone. Asking about their business, hearing some complains or feedback about the facilities. Well thanks to this approach, most of the business district or shipping street under Hirai Yuto’s hands are known as the busiest and hottest place to go.

Momo followed along her father quite often when he was going to check on some of those places. At first, she disliked it since she preferred to stay at home, playing with her barbie dolls and watch some cartoon. But her father always convinced her that they’ll visit cute store and delicious bakery so the little Hirai got bribed by it and ditched everything in her house to tag along with her father.

 

If you think Momo is snobbish and has spoiled brat attitude, you’re wrong. She might be whiney sometimes… but it’s normal for a 10 years old kid to act like that. Yet on the other side, the 10 years old kid already knew that the weight of her whole family’s reputation rest on her tiny shoulder and she knew what kind of future awaits her—to be the next leader of one from few companies the Hirai group has.

She went to school like other kid does. But once she got home, she’ll have extra private lesson either foreign languages or etiquette lesson. Sounds a bit too much for a 10 years old kid, But hey! Her parents always make sure to reward her big time if she followed along all those lessons and well, whenever she didn’t feel like doing it, her parents never pushed her so somehow thanks to her parents understanding and care towards her, the whole routine didn’t become a burden for the kid.

 

And currently, Momo tagged along her father to one of the business districts developed by him. At first, she didn’t want to tag along because this is a new district and it still not as developed as the other business district her father has. But since her father said that there’s a really delicious Cupcake store, Momo chose to tag along.

While her father was talking around the district, greeted all store owners and asked for few feedback, Momo stayed at the Cupcake store and enjoy her chocolate chip flavored cupcake.

She wasn’t alone of course. There’s two bodyguard beside her Taka and Akira. Taka is a lot senior than Akira who’s still in his early 30. Those two were there to make sure their little boss always stays safe and way out of trouble.

Momo was peacefully enjoying her cupcakes and also warm drinks. She sometimes offered both her bodyguard a bite of her cupcake and even encouraged them to order anything they want.  Well, these two people had been assigned to guard Momo since she was three… so, she didn’t really mind at all and they’re quite close too—like uncle and nephew.

But in the middle of her feast, Momo’s focus suddenly shifted towards the scene that happened outside the store.

Through the big window glasses, Momo saw bunch of kids—presumably a bit older than her, playing with a puppy but not in a good way. They teased the puppy, poke it and stuff. The puppy looked scared and although it wasn’t clearly visible from here, Momo could faintly see that the puppy was a bit injured.

As a puppy lover, Momo wanted to help and she already stood from her seat… ready to run towards there. But she had to halt her intention due to the sudden appearance of a tiny girl who pushed away those boys and stood to protect the puppy.

 

Momo went back to her seat, but eyes still locked at that scenery. She was so into it until the extent that she couldn’t even hear her bodyguards worried question.

The little girl and those boys seem having an argument. Momo couldn’t really hear what they’re talking but she was sure that it’s not a calm and civil argument. And suddenly the scene was escalated as the girl kicked one of the boys and stormed away from the scene with the injured puppy on her arm. Of course the rest of the boys ended up chasing her.

Worried that something might happened to the brave little girl and the injured puppy, Momo stormed out of the store and tried to chase them—completely ignoring Taka and Akira’s call who lost their guard on her.

>< 

Some dark alley

“Hahaha stuck in a dead end, I see?”

 

The little girl who held an injured puppy didn’t know what to do. There’s no other place for her to run nor to hide. She was scared with her current situation but the whimper sound that the little puppy made, forced her to act brave and strong to protect the injured puppy from them.

 

“How dare you do such thing to our boss!”

“You hurt the puppy. You deserve it.” Said the little girl

“Oooh.. acting tough huh?” said the boy who she kicked earlier and that made all his minions laughed. Soon after that he said, “and we’re going to do the same thing to you too.”

 

Got no more place to run, the girl just turned her back and received all the kick from those boys while she tried her best to make sure the injured dog is safe and not getting any hit. Even when she fell down, she hunched over to protect the puppy. It hurts so bad and tears built up on her eyes but the injured puppy was wincing under her hug due to pain and fear. She had to be strong. She must protect the puppy.

 

“Still dare acting tough, dirty bug? Hahaha eat th—!”

 

Until

 

“HEY!”

 

Following the yell, there was also an empty plastic bottle flew and hit one of the boy’s head which it made them stopped and turned their focus on the person who threw that bottle. They didn’t seem please at all especially with how expensive and classy the girl look. And yes, the rich girl is Momo.

 

“Bunch of boys beating up a little girl? Pathetic.” Said Momo with a mockery laugh.

“Shut up! it’s none of your business, piggy.”

“Well, whatever that happened in this district, is my business. My dad owns this place, you know.”

 

Actually, Momo wasn’t the type who like to flaunt her family’s wealth. But because those boys insulted her with the word ‘pig’, which is a common insult from a commoner to the rich, she chose to annoy them more by acting snobbish. And of course, they were boiling after seeing such attitude from her.

 

“Listen you piggy. We don’t care whether your dad, your mom, your grandpa or whoever own this place. I was born here and that means you’re in my turf. So, don’t you dare mess around with me.” Said the boss

“What? Come again? I’m sorry, I can’t understand what you were saying since I don’t speak pathetic boys’ language.”

“How dare you, ugly pig!! Eat this!!”

 

One of the boys threw the bottle Momo threw earlier but, the girl could dodge it easily.

 

“Oh my.. You throw like a girl.. pfft”

“That’s it! Get them boys!”

 

Momo didn’t come because of a reckless adrenaline rush. Although she looked like a fragile, spoiled mama’s girl, Momo learned some basic self-defense technique and that’s why she’s confident and ready to fight those boys. And most importantly, she knew that her bodyguards will surely catch up soon.

And right on the que, just before the boys could get near her, Taka and Akira had arrived.  The way they stood right behind Momo, with their suit and strong figure, made those boys halt their step.

 

“Not so tough now, are we?” asked Momo.

“Y-you’re lucky you got backup, rich pig. Next time, you’ll pay for this.”

“Hey stop the—”

“let them go.” Said Momo.

 

After those boys went passed her, Momo immediately ran towards the little girl who still huddled down facing the wall.  Of course, Taka and Akira tagged along.

 

Once Momo was near the little girl, the view was a bit worrying. The little girl looked thin, dirty, and she only wear a thin dusty cloth. The little girl seems weak and all her body filled with bruises both new and old. This condition made Momo concern.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

the little girl flinched and started to build her defenses again. Like she thought Momo is about to hurt the puppy. Momo noticed this of course, but first she needs to do something for the girl

 

“I’m not going to hurt you, nor the puppy. I promise.”

Hearing that, the little girl slowly turned herself to face her.

 

Kawaii… Momo thought.

Despite few scratches and blue-ish mark scattered around the little girl’s face.

 

“Hi there. I’m Momo.” Momo greeted with a big and warm smile while the injured girl just gave a small nod, accepting Momo’s greeting.

“Can you give me the puppy? My bodyguard here, can bring the little pup to the vet and cure all his injuries.”

Both Taka and Akira threw each other a glance, like both knew that they shouldn’t do this due to how suspicious the little girl is.

 

“Pardon me, Ojou but we should no—” (ojou: miss/princess)

“Hamada.”

 

Although Momo still a 10 years old kid, her stern tone and stare still able to make her bodyguard shut his mouth and immediately obeyed her. Plus, Momo rarely called him by his sure name because she’s been told to call him by his given name since kid. So, when his young boss called him by it, he knows that it’s an absolute order.

 

“Your wish is my command, Ojou-sama. I’ll bring the injured puppy to the vet safely.” Said Taka.

 

The little girl still worried and this made Momo nudged Taka like she gave him a signal to say something assuring.

 

“Don’t worry young lady. I’m not going to hurt the puppy. We’ll bring it to the vet right away and let it be treated well, you have my word.”

“See? We’re going to save this puppy.”

 

And with that, the little girl slowly gave the injured puppy to Taka and let him bring it to the vet.

 

At the meantime, Momo observed the little girl who just wore a thin clothe and she seemed shivering under this breezy weather. So, without thinking much she was about to take off her sweater and gave it to her.

 

Ojou! Please don’t.”

“Eh?? But why? Can’t you see she’s shivering?”

“Yes, but you might catch a cold if you take off your sweater. I’ll give her my suit instead.”

 

Just when Akira was about to put his suit on the little girl, she flinched and tried to back away. Clearly shown that she’s warry and scared with Akira.

 

“Hey, It’s okay… Akira is a good person! He protects me from everything and I promise you he won’t hurt you… He just wants to make you feel warmer.”

“Little miss, I’m sorry if my sudden move scared you. Here, you can take my suit and wear it by yourself if you want.”

 

Akira just offered his suit instead of wanting to help her wear it and after seeing how smiley and warm those two were, the little girl decided to grab the suit from Akira’s hand and wear it by herself.

 

“How is it? Does it make you warm?” the little girl nod at Akira’s question and after that, Akira went back to stand right behind Momo.

“Oh wait! I’m sorry. I haven’t asked your name… what’s your name?”

 

Upon Momo’s question, the girl suddenly hugged her knees and buried herself in it as she said, “I don’t have it.”

 

The moment that little girl spoke, made her entire looks became way more fragile than it used to. Her voice was tiny and soft but at the same time, her tone seems a little bit emotionless. And the fact that this little girl didn’t have name, shocked both Momo and Akira.

 

“You don’t have name?"

The girl shook her head and explained, “I haven’t done anything good.”

“Hm? What do you mean? You don’t have to do anything much to have a name.”

“But that was the rule. I’m not good enough so the orphanage hasn’t given me a name yet.” this fact, stunned both Momo and Akira.

“Y-you.. live in orphanage?” The little girl nod

“was. But I ran.”

 

Sensing there’s something sketchy with this, Akira wanted to stop Momo before she went into a complicated problem that she shouldn’t mess with. Of course, He did it to protect her from any harm.

 

Ojou we sh—”

“Shh!” Momo quickly shushed Akira and focused herself back to the little girl. Akira, couldn’t do much about it.

 

 “Why did you run?” the little girl didn’t answer and just shifted her seat, away from Momo. A clear sign that the girl didn’t want to talk about it.

“Seems like it’s a scary place, huh?” and Momo got a nod.

 

Momo’s heart scattered as she felt so sorry towards the girl’s situation. She wanted to help her so bad and for someone as cute, soft, and fragile looking little girl like her, to live alone in the road like this.. Momo won’t let it happen.

 

“Then I’ll give you a name.” The little girl didn’t say anything due to confusion and surprised.

Momo then crunched down to level her eye sight with the little girl and she said, “But only if you want to come with me” with a smile.

“E-eh?” That’s the only thing the little girl managed to say. Too stunned to even give a proper respond.

Ojou-sama. I don’t th—”

“Ssh!” Momo quickly shush her bodyguard and then proceed to look at the little girl. “You’ll have a name If you agree to come home with me. Sounds good, right?”

 “Ojou!”

 

Again, Akira wanted to alert her. But Momo chose to ignore it and squatted closer to the little girl instead.

 

“I know you’re probably worried that I might be a bad person or anything. But I’m not! I just want to help you and give you some safe place to stay.”

“But… why?”

“Why not? Do I really need a reason to help someone?””

“But… I’m just a stranger. Why do you want to do such thing for me?”

“Well umm… Because you’re cute! I like cute girls.”

“C-cute?”

 

the pale yet dusty face of that little girl was slightly turned pinkish, that was the first time someone ever complimented her and the way Momo said it with such a big smile… made the girl froze and couldn’t respond anything.

Notice the little girl situation, Akira used this moment to have a private talk with his little boss.

 

“I’m sorry Ojou. Could we talk for a moment?”  With an annoyed sigh, Momo then complied and walked away from the stunned little girl to have a conversation with her bodyguard.

 

“What?”

Ojou, I really admire your sweet and kind heart. But pardon for my impudence, I don’t think it’s a good idea to bring the girl home. If you want to help her, we could just bring her to hospital and cure her wounds then let the police take care of her.” Whispered Akira

“Akkun... Can’t you see her condition?? She used to live in a scary orphanage and her body is filled with bruises and scars! You dare to let such cute, small, and fragile girl to stray just like that?” replied Momo in the same manner.

“I… don’t. But.. Chief (Momo’s father) won’t like this idea.”

“I’ll deal with it. I’m taking full responsibility of her.”

“But ojou-sama..”

Since Momo didn’t accept any more objection, she changed her mood from friendly, to stern as she said “it’s an order, Myoui.”

Same like Taka, Akira couldn’t say much after his sure name being called by Momo.

“Your wish is my command, Ojou-sama.”

 

After that, Momo and Akira went back to the little kid.

“I’m sorry for the wait!”

 

Once she arrived right in front of the girl, Momo asked, “So, made up your mind yet?”

“B-but… why?”

“I told you why.”

“But.. What if I did something bad to you? What if I couldn’t do anything good for you?”

“Hmm..”

 

Momo had to think for few moment, finding the right answer that could convince the little girl so she wants to come home with her.

 

“I don’t think you’ll do anything bad.” Momo then once again crouched near the little girl and said, “You’re willing to protect that puppy even though you’re outnumbered. That’s good enough reason for me to bring you home.”

 

Momo couldn’t see it since she’s smiling wide with both her eye closed, but due to her bright grin, the little girl’s eyes sparked and once again blushed appeared on her cheek. But not just the little girl who felt touched by Momo’s word, Akira who stood behind them let out a smile. Very proud with how mature his boss actually is.

 

“So, wanna go home together?”

 

after few moment, the little girl replied it with a meek nod. Finally convinced after felt enourmous amount of warmth Momo been showering her.  

 

“Yeay!! Okay!! Now, Let’s find a good name for you hm.. what should I named you.. Akkun! Help me!”

“Uhm Ojou-sama… how about we think about her name back in the Cupcake store while waiting for Chief to finish his work? It’s warmer there.”

“Oh yeah right! That’s a good idea. Let’s g—wait.”

 

Momo who was standing beside the girl while holding her hand, suddenly let go her grip and crouched down in front of her. Which made the little girl confused.

 

“Hop on.”

“Eh?”

Ojou! Please don’t.”

“You’re a bit naggy today Akkun.. Can’t you see that she doesn’t wear any shoes?”

“Y-yes, I’m aware. I don’t object the idea, but let me be the one who carried her.”

“Are you saying this because I’m weak? I’m not! I’m strong! I learned karate and kendo!”

“I’m aware of that, but Ojou… don’t you think it’ll be a lot safer for her to be carried by me?”

“Well… you got a point there.. fine… you piggy back her then.”

 

well that wasn’t just the reason of course. that little girl wasn’t in the greatest appearance and as her bodyguard, Akira just wanted to make sure nothing could harm his little boss. But if he said that as the reason, Momo would definitely get mad and wouldn’t listen to him. So, he chose that instead and glad Momo was okay with it.

 

“No need to do this. I can walk by myself.”

“Eh??? There’s no way I would let you walk by yourself. Look at your feet! You might get hurt walking around without shoes like that.” Said Momo.

“But I don’t want to trob—” the girl’s complained was stopped because Momo gently put her hand on the girl’s shoulder.

“Let us help you, please?” Asked Momo with a smile.

 

Once again, the little girl melted by the warmth and couldn’t refuse the offer as she gave Momo a meek nod.

 

“Okay! Let’s go to Cupcake store!”

>< 

The walked towards the Cupcake store was rather silent since both Momo and Akira was so into their thought, trying to find name that suit the girl. Meanwhile the girl kept staring at Momo while being piggy back.

At first, she was a bit skeptical about the rich girl. But the way she treated her with such warmth, the little kid couldn’t help but admired her. Although it’s only been less than 10 minutes of their first meet… she just couldn’t help it.

 

The walked from that dark alley toward the Cupcake shop wasn’t that close, yet none of them came out with anything. Akira threw some name that he randomly saw on a pamphlet or sign around the district.

 

“How about, Chizu?”

“Eh? Chizu? Like cheese?” asked Momo

“Yes. Ojou love cheese cake, right?”

“That’s true… but.. I’m not sure.. What do you think about that?” Momo asked the little girl about the name

Seeing how Momo seems didn’t like the name, the little girl decided to give same respond “I don’t think it suit me.”

“I see… then, next name!”

“How about something she likes? Little miss, is there anything you like? Food, fruits, or anything?” asked Akira

 

With tiny voice, the little girl answered, “Suika (watermelon)”

“eugh… why do you like that kind of thing.. gross.. No! I won’t give you that name.” Said Momo

“Melon?” asked Akira

“NO!”

“Uni?” asked Akira

“Uni???”

“Yes. from Uniqlo.” And this made Momo whine

“Akkunn!!! Just because you see a Uniqlo store doesn’t mean it supposed to be her name! Can you suggest better name??”

Seeing how his boss responded, Akira couldn’t help but laugh. “I’m sorry, Ojou… I was jocking.”

“Come on! Be serious, please! Name is important!”

 

Just then, Momo read a sign from a store that displayed it’s address and few second after that, she suddenly blurted out a name

 

 “Mina.”

Momo looked up towards the little kid and with a bright smile she said, “Your new name is Mina! How about that?”

“M-Mina?” Momo nod in full of enthusiasm.

“Yes! you see.. this district is in South (Minami), but Minami is too long and sounds meh. But Mina sounds cute right?? right?? it’s not Minna, it’s Mina! How’s that?? Akkun! It’s great, right?”

“It’s sounds a bit too sim— I mean.. Yes! Ojou-sama! I think it’s a beautiful name.” Akira had to revise his answer quick due to Momo’s glare and pout.

“What do you think? Do you like Mina? and oh! oh! I already came up with nickname! If Akira is Akkun, then I’ll call you Miitan! Cute nickname, right? right??”

 

Seeing how happy and excited Momo was, the little girl didn’t have much word to say and decided to comply as she gave Momo a nod. And of course, despite it was such a short and small respond, Momo couldn’t help her lips from smiling too wide.

 

“Mina it is!”

 

Although she looked like it didn’t affect her much, but deep down… the little kid was happy. She got a new name and it was given by the person who saved her.

 

“Mina.. my name is Mina..” said the girl inside her own head.