Chapter 1

Illicit Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the ceiling of my room when i heard the buzz of my alarm clock.

I deeply sighed at the thought of a new school and new people that i need to please.

I’m already in my senior year yet i have to transfer schools because i’m tired of my parent's words. 

Isn’t it enough that I have to endure the course that i’m taking just to make them happy? I guess not. I will never be enough for them and it .

I love Canada. It feels like home. I made a lot of friends and memories when i was there. My Mom and Dad were the best moments that i would like to keep in my memory, well i guess not until i reached college.

They become bossy and overprotective about many things that i do in life. I thought that was their love language but it became suffocating. 

I need to breathe that’s why i’m here. All alone. In an apartment that i rent that is enough to take care of me when there’s snow. 

After how many hours of thinking, i got up and get ready for school. I don’t want to be late on my first day.

Ravve University.

It’s one of the prestigious schools here in South Korea. I took a scholarship exam before the school year starts and i’m glad that i made it. 

It was still surprising. The exam is difficult in so many ways. I have to crack my brain every minute and add the fact that i was the last one who accomplish the exam. Yeah, that was so embarrassing. 

But i’m glad i passed. I’m here. I did it! And that is what matters the most.

If you’re wondering why do i need to take the scholarship exam when my parents can afford the tuition fee of this school? Well, i don’t want them to meddle with this. They know that i came back here to South Korea but they don’t know where i am and i’m satisfied with that thought.

This school is huge. Based on the information desk. There are five buildings and each building has different departments which are The College of Business and Accountancy, The College of Engineering and Technology, the College of Education, the College of Arts and Sciences, and The College of Medicine.

Also, what amazes me the most is the fact that each department has its cafeteria, library, clinic, and other stuff needed for the specific colleges.

I didn’t know why these students keeps on looking and checking me out. I get it okay? I’m new to their eyes but why are they making it so obvious? Argh!

I walked fast and after checking my class schedule today, I have to go to OB building 504. Gosh, that’s the fifth floor and i have to fall in line just to get into that elevator? No way! I had enough of people staring at me! I’ll just use the stairs.

I have to admit that using the stairs is kind of tiring but it’s worth it hehe at least i avoided unnecessary attention from other students.

Hmm, this floor is messy. There are a lot of corners and i don’t know where to go.

I was about to turn to my left when someone bumped into me.

“Oh my gosh! I’m sorry!” a woman who is a bit taller than me said as she turned to her things that are now scattered on the floor.

I helped pick up her things and gave it all to her. She said thank you and that earned her a nod from me.

I glanced at my watch and i still have fifteen minutes before the class starts. 

“U-uh, i’m sorry again, and thank you” she politely said and bowed her head a little. 

“It’s okay. I’m at fault too. Are you okay? Did i hurt your shoulders?” i asked as i check her out.

This woman is undeniably pretty. Her height is commendable too.

“I-i’m okay. Are you a student here? I’ve never seen you on this campus before” She seems so nervous while i’m asking so i gave her a little smile as i nod at her question.

“Hmm, and as much as i love to have a chitchat with you right now, I’m afraid that i can’t because I’ll be late for my first class and i don’t want that to happen” Her flushed face made me laugh. She’s so cute.  

Shock is evident on her face again. “I’m sorry. Do you need help in finding your room?” 

“I do. Do you perhaps know where is 504 class here?” 

Her face lightened up and she’s now smiling. “Oh! I think we’re ointhe same class!”

“Really? That’s great!” 

“Uhm, i forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kang Seulgi” she extended her right hand.

“Son Seungwan” and i gladly accepted it.

“Waahh, your name is a bit, uhm”

I laughed at her comment “Boyish? Alright. You can call me Wendy”

“Wendy?” 

“That’s my English name. People call me Wendy in Canada”

“Wow!” i smiled at her. She gave me a thumbs-up and lead the way to our room.

We still have three minutes and i’m glad we’re not late. I don’t want to have a bad impression of my Professors because i don’t know what kind of teaching styles they have here compared to when i was in Canada. 

Seulgi talks a lot. I can’t keep up with her energy but I have to admit that her company is so fun. I can see the old Wendy from her and i like it a lot.

The room filled with laughter and murmurs suddenly disappeared when a woman around my height entered the room. 

I believe she’s our Professor for today. She looks so attractive in her white long sleeve, black pencil skirt, black boots, and black suit that made her look professional.

There’s no possibility that i could describe her beauty well but she’s really beyond gorgeous. I swear, you have just to believe me! 

She walks on the platform and writes on the board.

Professor Irene Bae 

She faced us again. Her eyes were wandering around the room. It is as if she’s checking if everyone’s attention is on her.

“Good morning, everyone. I’ll be your professor in Business Analytics and Accounting Management for this semester. Also, i’ll be your  Adviser so, i expect everyone to behave and be responsible at all times under my care. You’re only allowed to call me Ms. Bae or Professor Bae in all forms of communication. Are we clear?”

My heart dropped hearing her voice. It’s full of authority but if you will listen to it attentively, you’ll hear her sweet voice on it too.

“Yes, Ms. Bae!” 

She nods to ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter