Jade bistro

Have We Met?

Johnny had a decent following with his youtube videos and instagram feed but he didn’t consider himself as an influencer. He is a budding DJ getting gigs in various countries and his vlogs and aesthetic photos are just side hobbies that gave him additional income. Most of his content would be eating his way through a city he was invited to perform or a documentary of the best hangout and photography spots, but one thing is for sure, he would not put the little fame he has to get things his way.

 

 

“Hello.” Johnny greeted in his best mandarin.

 

“Hello. Foreigner?” The cute guy that greeted him at the door asked.

 

“American-Korean.” Johnny replied.

 

“Oh, I know Korean. A little English.” The guy reply.

 

“Whatever you are comfortable with.” Johnny shrugged and smiled at the guy, he read the name tag. “Kun.” Johnny added and the guy, Kun, smiled wider.

 

“Let’s get you seated.” Kun led him to a booth.

 

“Have we met before Kun?” Johnny asked as they walked.

 

“no, I supposed we haven’t. I would surely remember a giant If I met one.” Kun said triggering Johnny to laugh.

 

“You just look like someone I know.” Johnny replied.

 

“I’ve heard of that pick up line before.” Kun replied with a laugh of his own.

 

“really it’s not a pick up line. Uhm Kun, can I film here? I do vlogs and kinda share some food contents, sort of review and if you allow, I can promote your bistro.” Johnny asked. “Don’t worry, I’ll pay. And it’s okay if you refuse.” Johnny quickly added.

 

“I’ll have to ask my baba, we’re not a big store and not so busy.” Kun shrugged and gave him the menu then excused himself.

 

Johnny took the menu and browsed through it, looking at the fusion menu, it looked appetizing. He was surprised because there are Korean dishes, not so common in this part of the world as he understood there are some tension in the political spheres.

 

“My baba said yes.” Kun returned with a complimentary pot of tea.

 

“That’s amazing!” Johnny grinned. “You have some Korean dishes?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded.

 

“My baba spent time in Korea before he had me so he put that in.“ Kun explained.

 

“Oh that is interesting.” Johnny mused. “What would you recommend?” Johnny asked.

 

“Oh, the bibimbowl is my personal favorite.” Kun suggested.

 

“I’ll get that. And perhaps, I’d like some Chinese dishes? Surprise me?” Johnny asked and winked at Kun making the latter blush.

 

“Sure, it’ll take a while.” Kun said and left him.

 

Johnny looked at the place, there were a couple of people dining at the place was really cozy, you can feel the love in the place. There is some instrumental music playing, quite relaxing to Johnny’s ears. Another server came to give him some appetizers and then left him to eat in peace.

 

Johnny had set up his camera and started his vlog, trying to keep his voice at a minimum. Kun came a few minutes later to serve him and Johnny asked if he wanted to appear on the vlog. Kun was shy but he gave a cute wave at the camera.

 

“Your song choice is relaxing.” Johnny commented as Kun placed a dish in front of him.

 

“Oh thank you, those are my works actually.” Kun said and Johnny gasped.

 

“You composed those?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded. “Do you have a soundcloud?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded again. “If you don’t mind, want to promote it here?” Johnny asked and Kun blushed and sat next to Johnny as the taller scoot a little to the side to accommodate him.

 

“It’s Kunxd.” Kun shared and showed his phone where his profile was loaded.

 

“cool, I work as a DJ, if I find some beats, can I use it? I’ll play of course.” Johnny said and Kun nodded.

 

“sure.” Kun replied and excused himself.

 

“he’s cute.” Johnny remarked to the camera and chuckled. “You’ll have a field day about this.” He added. “Do follow Kun on soundcloud everyone.” Johnny said.

 

The food was served a few minutes later and Kun explained each one to Johnny. He was smiling way too much but if he found Kun cute, he can’t help his face if he does that, his heart too, cause why was it beating that fast?

 

Johnny did his vlog as he ate, talking about his week long escapade in Beijing, performing for a few nights and promising to share them with his fanbase.

 

“hey Kun could you join me?” Johnny asked and Kun looked around and saw their other staff raised a thumbs up so he sat next to Johnny.  “Johfams will love you.” Johnny remarked as he scooted a little to accommodate Kun on the frame.

 

“Johfams?” Kun asked.

 

“yeah, my fans.” Johnny explained.

 

“Oh, Hello Johfams!” Kun waved cutely making Johnny chuckle.

 

“So, I was eating these and they are absolutely great.” Johnny remarked.

 

“Really? My baba would love to hear that.” Kun interjected.

 

“yeah, so why not you explain them and maybe we got some people to visit your bistro when they are around the area.” Johnny said and Kun’s eyes lit up and explained each dish like it’s his own children. Johnny listened attentively nodding and smiling fondly, smitten at how Kun was enthusiastic with his explanation.

 

“Sorry I geeked out.” Kun caught himself and Johnny shook his head.

 

“No no. It was actually good to listen to, your voice is so calming.” Johnny remarked. “do you sing?” asked and Kun nodded.

 

“A little bit. Can I?” Kun asked back and Johnny nodded. Kun sang a bit of a popular Jay chou song and Johnny was truly amazed at the boy.

 

“You could be an idol.” Johnny remarked but Kun shook his head.

 

“Too old for that.” Kun answered.

 

“You don’t look like a day out of 18.” Johnny winked and it made Kun laugh.

 

“Oh thank you but I am 23, and I like working here with me baba.” Kun said and Johnny gasped.

 

“Well, that changes a lot.” Johnny said and then whispered to him that made Kun blush.

 

“I better get back to work.” Kun said and waved before he stood up and Johnny released a sigh. He then winked at the camera before he turned it off.

 

Johnny enjoyed the rest of his lunch, taking a few more photos of himself and the food. When he was done and paid his bill, he asked if he could get a photo with the owner and chef.

 

“This is my baba, Yixing.” Kun introduced.

 

“Glad to meet you sir, excellent food.” Johnny greeted back.

 

“Happy that you liked them.” yixing was delighted to hear that.

 

“the rolls were excellent, probably my fave.” Johnny said and Yixing smiled so wide.

 

“See Kun, I told you, your recipe is good.” Yixing praised his son.

 

“Wait, you compose, you sing and cook? Can I marry you?” Johnny remarked and Kun blushed so hard it made Yixing laugh.

 

“You gotta fall in line mister, my Kun here has gotten himself some suitors.” Yixing remarked. “Oh Luhan darling, take a picture of us?’ Yixing asked and Johnny handed his phone to Luhan who gladly took it.

 

 

“Thanks really, it’s one of the best meals I had in a long time.” Johnny said and shook their hands once  more before he left.

 

---

 

Junmyeon was the straight out of the movie CEO with his dashing looks and his bachelor status. He’s in his 40’s yet unmarried and for a long time a desire to a lot of single people. He would always shy away from questions about marriage but deep inside he was just hang up on the beautiful lad he had met 23 years ago, stole his heart and ran away with it. He could not find him anywhere even if he tried.

 

Well not until he looked at his phone and scrolled through instagram. He follows a few people and one of them is his godson Johnny. The boy practically was his own son having been with his since he was a baby. He had been the one to back up the boy when he wanted to be a DJ professionally despite the will of his parents to dive into more conventional profession, as if his parents’ jobs as  model and choreographer was conventional.

 

Junmyeon had never pressed the call button as fast as he could and when Johnny answered, the boy was confused as hell.

 

“Where are you?” Junmyeon asked, not even a hello.

 

“not even a hello uncle Jun?” Johnny feigned a hurt voice.

 

“Johnny where are you?” Junmyeon asked again.

 

“Beijing, have a gig here for a few nights.” Johnny answered.

 

“good see you in a few hours.” Junmyeon said and then hanged up.

 

That left Johnny confused but he shrugged it off and went to prepare for his set.

 

Junmyeon had called in his secretary for his urgent flight to Beijing, and the poor girl scrambled to get the details sorted out for his boss and ticket booked at lightning speed. Junmyeon was then out and about flying to Beijing as soon as he was out of his office.

 

Johnny was surprised to see his godfather but he’ll run late if he didn’t leave so he just pulled him along and out of the hotel to drive to the club.

 

“kindly explain to me why youre here?” Johnny asked as he drove down the streets of Beijing.

 

“I saw your post.” Junmyeon explained.

 

“My post?” Johnny asked.

 

“yes, your lunch.” Junmyeon replied.

 

“Oh, yeah, amazing bistro. Good food and cute staff.” Johnny shared.

 

“Bring me there now.” Junmyeon demanded.

 

“sorry uncle Jun, I have a contract to fulfill and they are already closed this late.” Johnny replied and drove towards a parking space. “Tomorrow I’ll get you there.” Johnny promised before he turned off the engine.

 

---

 

“Why did you even fly so hurriedly, like what about this place uncle?” Johnny inquired and Junmyeon just raised a brow at him.

 

“Welcome to Jade Bistro.” Kun greeted them on the door with a smile but he gasped as he saw who stepped into their little bistro.

 

Johnny’s smile dropped too when he saw Kun after looking at his godfather. Junmyeon just stood there.

 

“Hey Kun why are the guests not seated?” Luhan came up to them but he gasped too when he saw who was at the door. “Oh my gee. Turn the sign now, I’ll get chef Xing.” Luhan ran towards the kitchen while Kun did as he was told, flipping the sign to closed and locking the door.

 

“Kun, Luhan said that there was a situation.’ Yixing bellowed as he walked out of the kitchen and towards the dining area but stopped half way as he saw who was at the door.

 

It was like time stopped, nothing moved, no one spoke and thelight was focused on two persons who were stuck in the loop, of memories and unspoken words, of truth and lies and everything in between.

 

“Lay?” Junmyeon spoke first as he took a step forward, yet Yixing took a step back. “It is you right?” Junmyeon asked again but Yixing took another step back without answering. “Don’t ran away like the last time.” Junmyeon begged, voice soft and hurt, painfully recalling what had happened decades ago.

 

 

“don’t. please leave.” Yixing replied. “Please leave Junmyeon.” Yixing begged back, voice hurt and desperate.

 

 

“I can’t. can we talk?” Junmyeon asked but Yixing shook his head.

 

“no.” Yixing was firm this time.

 

“baba?” they both turn their heads towards the voice and it was Kun, a perfect copy of Junmyeon and Yixing now that they had a good look of the three.

 

“You hid him from me?” Junmyeon asked and Yixing shook his head. “How are you still denying this when he looks exactly like me!” Junmyeon shouted and Yixing took another step back.

 

“because I had to!” Yixing then shouted back. “I had to hide him and kept him from you and your evil family!” Yixing shouted a little louder. “They wanted me gone but they wanted to keep the baby! What would that leave me?” Yixing shared then fell to his knees, Junmyeon came rushing to him in an instant.

 

“what? What are you saying?” Junmyeon knelt and took his hand.

 

“They’ll keep me for my child but they’ll take him as soon as I gave birth.” Yixing said.

 

“you were pregnant?” Junmyeon was confused. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he was furious.

 

“I was, but they found out. They wanted me gone, they were clear of it.” Yixing was full on crying. “I am not fit for you, will never be.” Yixing can’t look at Junmyeon.

 

“so you left.” Junmyeon said and Yixing nodded.

 

“You’d do great without me anyway.” Yixing tried to smile. “You always do.” He finished and wiped the tears away from his eyes and face.

 

“No, I did not. Not without you.” Junmyeon was now tearing up. “You are my world Lay, I did everything so I can find you.” Junmyeon explained and Yixing cupped his face. “I should’ve known, I should’ve left with you.” he continued.

 

“No, I can’t let you do that.” Yixing cut him off. “You don’t belong with us, you are meant to be there.” Yixing reminded him.

 

“No, I belong with you Lay.” Junmyeon insisted.

 

“It’s Yixing.” Yixing corrected him.

 

“Yixing.” Junmyeon repeated and the mention of his name, the younger of the two burst out in tears.

 

“i miss you so much Myeonie.” Yixing burst into tears once more.

 

“I miss you so much more yixing.” Junmyeon replied.

 

“I hate to be like you know disrupt you but…” They both looked at Johnny who was scratching his nape then he gestured to Kun who was frozen in shock, silent tears falling down his face.

 

Junmyeon stood up and helped Yixing then cleared his throat. “Kun, sweetheart?” Yixing called out and Kun looked at his birth father.

 

‘baba?” the boy responded.

 

“Come here love.” Yixing called him over but Kun was frozen on the spot.

 

“Kun, it’s okay, you’re okay.” It was Johnny who whispered to him, held his hand and helped him walk towards his parents.

 

“Kun?” Junmyeon called out and Kun looked at him, stunned and unbelieving.

 

“are you really my father?” Kun had asked and Junmyeon turned to Yixing who nodded.

 

“I’m sorry Kun, I wanted to protect you.” Yixing was remorseful for the opportunitythat he had deprived his son.

 

“I’ve always wanted to meet you.” Kun sobbed and hugged Junmyeon.

 

“Oh Kun.” Junmyeon returned the embrace and he too cried anew. “my son.” Junmyeon breathed out, regretful of the times robbed from him but he was grateful to have him right now, held him tightly and finally knowing his existence.

 

 

---

 

Johnny was smiling as he waved at the camera. “Hello Johfams! It’s been a while and you guys blew up my Mukbang at Jade Bistro!” Johny chuckled. “You sure loved Kun’s appearance and have been asking for update..” Johnny trailed off but stopped when Kun jumped into frame and waved at the camera.

 

“Hello did you guys miss me?” Kun greeted and then smiled wide, his dimple was showing.

 

“so what have you been up to?” Johnny asked.

 

“We’ve been busy and with how the video went so well, Jade Bistro received lots of traffic. Thank you for the promotion Johnny.” Kun thanked the tall guy who blushed and waved him off. “So now that Beijing branch had been doing well, we’ve decided to open a branch here in Seoul!” Kun announced and the camera zoomed out to show the facade of Jade Bistro Seoul branch.

 

 

---

 

After all the crying and hugging, Luhan had the last braincell to lead them to a booth to get something to eat then promptly dragged Kun and Yixing back to the kitchen to prepare the best of the best to impress Junmyeon.

 

“So?” Johnny was giddy and Junmyeon laughed at his godson.

 

“Thank you Johnny.” Junmyeon said and the younger just smiled at him. “How can I ever repay you?” Junmyeon asked and Johnny brightened up with that.

 

“Actually, there is one thing that would.” Johnny started. “Can I court Kun?” Johnny asked and closed his eyes, ready for the flying chopsticks to hit him but it never came. He opened his eeys and saw Junmyeon laughing at him.

 

“You know Johnny, if there is one person I’d let my son date, it’ll be you.” Junmyeon said and Johnny smiled so wide. “But let me have him for a while, I want to be a father to him a bit more.” Junmyeon added and Johnny nodded.

 

“ofcourse, I am sure Kun would want to do more in his life than getting married. Did you know he composes, sings and cooks? Your son is so impressive.” Johnny shared and a proud smile graced Junmyeon’s face. “oh Kun makes the best rolls, you should try it.” Johnny suggested and Junmyeon nodded.

 

“Is it too much if Jade caters to my wedding?” Junmyeon asked Johnny who raised a brow.

 

“You want your husband to slave away in the kitchen on your wedding day?” Johnny asked, taken aback at the suggestion.

 

“but it would make a great promotion for Jade.” Junmyeon suggested.

 

“You just don’t stop working do you uncle Jun?” Johnny laughed while the older nodded.

 

“What are you two laughing about?” Yixing asked as he came back woth the trays of food.

 

“uhm what about doing catering?” Junmyeon asked

 

“catering? For what event?” yixing asked.

 

“a wedding!” Junmyeon announced.

 

“Whom?” Yixing prodded as he sat next to him.

 

“ours!” junmyeon said then pulled out the ring on his finger, split in half and took yixing’s hand. “Will you marry me?” He asked and Luhan released a shriek.

 

 

“Yes ge! Say yes ge!” Luhan was jumping and Kun just dropped his chopsticks.

 

“I could DJ the reception, no charge.” Johnny added.

 

“Shut up.” Kun shoved him playfully.

 

“What do you say?” Junmyeon asked and they both looked at Kun who shook his head.

 

“Don’t ask me, I’m not the one getting married.” Kun replied. “Answer him baba. It’s not like you didn’t call out appa’s name when you get nightmares or was delirious when you had fever.” Kun shrugged and Junmyeon held Yixing’s hand tighter.

 

“yes, I will marry you Myeon. Don’t be so worrywart, we get sick like a normal person.” Yixing said and Junmyeon smiled and inserted the ring on his finger.