Cruel Summer

Anywhere But Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hii, this has been in my draft for a few months so i thought why not just add it as a second chapter? So here it is!! Thank you for all the support and comments you've left me, that means a lot, i hope you guys like this chapter! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment or just hit me up on twitter!! See ya <3

Note: Italic = Radio/Song that played in the car.

___________________________________________________
 

Seungwan.

Seungwan is her name.

The name of the most beautiful stranger she ever set her eyes to.

____

 

She glanced at the girl who’s trying to focus on the road, a faint smile shown as she drive. Looking cool as she is. The faint smile turned brighter and brighter, she could even seen her teeth, then, a soft chuckled could also be heard, 

suddenly she felt anxious.

“Why are you smiling so bright all of a sudden?” Joohyun asked, absentmindedly.

She was confused. Questions were automatically filled her head. What did i do this time? Did i do something wrong? Or did i said something funny? She thought.

She felt ashamed all of a sudden. So she quickly turned her head, staring at the city that brightens so shine at night, as she silently studied the girl beside her through the window.

 

Meanwhile, the stranger were driving, one hand on the steering wheel while the other one hand runs through her hair.

“I’m celebrating,” she replied simply, “would you like to know why?” she added, as she pulled her lips into a smile. 

Joohyun glanced at her, both staring at each other.

That damn smile,
                                     oh how her heart began to melt.

“What are you celebrating?” She asked with a nervous gulp.

“I got you to go on a date with me.”

oh, how she didn’t expect the answer.

Both let out a soft laugh enjoying each other’s company even in the gloomy silence.

 

“I’m greasy, aren’t i?”

“Well i could tell,” she said, flushing. Joohyun was back staring at the window again. Hiding her face from the stranger. She never seen her like this, so girlish and shy.

“Should i stop?” 

“No, you don’t have to,” she was back staring at her again, “just be yourself.”

“Haha alright,” said Seungwan swiftly. “Mind if i play some music?”

“What’s a night drive without music anyway?”

 

“Damn right,” Seungwan grinned as she turn on the stereo, as soon as it , a radio could be heard. Seungwan flipped through the radio station one by one as if she’s looking for a song that fit her taste.

“Radio? Seriously?”

“What? It’s old fashioned!” She stated, she eventually stopped in one of the radio station, Joohyun could hear the DJ talking about the weather even when the volume was small.

“But I think it would be good to enjoy the hot weather in summer, so i like summer except for the sticky feeling. But above all, electric fans and air conditioners are the best.”

 

“The excitement you have when your favorite song played on the radio is indescribable. Plus point if you get a new song as you listen to the radio. And also, it’s fun to listen to music in a shuffle way, but not a shuffle through your playlist, or maybe—“ Seungwan couldn’t finished what she’s about to say, when she heard Joohyun laugh. Like a music in her ear.

“What?” She chuckled, glanced at Joohyun for a bit then back on the road.

“You’re cute,” Joohyun bluntly said, flustered.

“I'm sorry, i didn’t mean to ramble on.”

“That’s okay. I would love to listen to you talking.”

“But i’m the one who supposed to listen to you.”

“We could listen to each other.”

 

“No, it’s time for me to interview you, Miss take me anywhere but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter