All I Need Is You...

All I Need Is You...

 

O-h-a-y-o-u, Ryouko!” A guy taps on my back quite hard. I’m lying if I say that I’m not feeling surprised. Seriously, I am. He did surprise me!

            I turn back and stare at him with a fierce look. “Geez… Yuto! Don’t surprise me like that. I’ll end up dead of having heart attack in the future!”

            He laughs at me and seriously I feel annoyed. “What, I don’t know that you’ve heart attack.” I slap his right shoulder hardly. “No, I don’t! Don’t misunderstand, okay. If I have heart attack, it’s your fault.” I say and walk away.

            As I’m walking, I can still hear the footsteps behind me. I know that Yuto is following me. I don’t care at all since we’re classmates and plus he’s my best friend. Although I feel annoyed at times because of him, but I will never mad at him for a long time. Really, he makes my days to be more meaningful by his naughty attitude.

            We walk abreast towards our classroom. “Geez Yuto. Why can’t you be more gentle and kind towards me? Like you always do to everyone else?” I glance at him beside me and I can catch his stare.

            “Hmm… Gentle? Kind? This is the way I’m being to everyone, Ryouko. I treat everyone nicely, the same like I treat you.” I can hear his soft laugh. I wonder why he laughs. “Sou ka? But I don’t think you’re as nice as what you’ve said.” I smile at him wryly.

            “Ryouko, you always said that I’m not being nice, gentle and such. So, do you want me to be as nice as whom? So you can recognize me as a nice friend.” His full lips are pouted slightly. Seriously he’s acting like a child. That’s so uncool!

            “Like whom? Uhhh…” Before I can continue my words, I’ve sighted someone. I stand transfixed in the corridor. It’s him! The person that I only have eyes for! My eyes are fixed on him without realizing that Yuto is watching me.

            Yuto shakes my shoulders while whining, “Like whom, Ryouko?” Urghh… He’s so annoying if he acts like a spoilt child. I look back at Yuto with my lips are pouted. “Are you really desperate to know?” I ask him and I can see he nods his head for a few times.

            “Fine, I’ll tell you! If you’re being as kind and gentle as Chii-chan, I can assume you as what you want. Look at Chii-chan, he’s so gentle and nice to everyone, not like you, Yuto.” A wry smile is carved on my face. Then, he has a smirk on his face and seriously that’s annoying to me. “What are you smirking at?” I try to be fierce but he doesn’t feel scared. He just laughs at me. What’s wrong with him? Has he gone crazy now?

            “Ryouko, Ryouko… Do you want me to be like Chinen? I know that you’re in love with him but when you want me to be like him, I’ve no idea. Forget it, Ryouko. I won’t!” He’s smirking at me before making his steps away.

He KNEW?!

            I walk briskly towards Yuto. “You knew? How come? Since when did you know?” He just laughs softly when he sees me panic. “I just know it. You will act differently when it comes to Chinen.” I’m feeling dissatisfied, “Different? Give me some examples, Yuto.” I look straight into his face when we both stop walking. A faint smile is on his face. “Yeah, I said different. For examples, he’s the only guy in our class that you can’t communicate well with. When he’s in front of you, your smile will never disappear from your face and you’ll blush. And I always notice that you’re always looking and staring at him.” He looks away, avoiding my stare. But really, I’m feeling dumbfounded. He notices what I do and feel.

            “Are those obvious, Yuto?” I nervously ask him. Yuto nods his head, “Yeah, very obvious. Anyone can notice, Ryouko.” A smirk on his face has annoyed me. But he said that anyone can notice, right? Does Chii-chan know too? “Yuto, you said that anyone can notice, right? Does he notice this like you too? I mean that Chii-chan. Does he know… my feelings?” I look into his clear brown eyes and my heart has skipped a beat.

            His left eyebrow is raised, “He knows what you feel.” My mouth is wide open into the ‘O’ shape. “What?! He knows? Th-Then, what did he say about this? Tell me!” A naughty smile is carved on Yuto’s face. “You see… He said that he doesn’t like someone as harsh as you. For example, you’re always scolding me in a high tune voice. He said, that’s so not girlish at all. Easy to be said, he has dumped you because you’re not his type.” He laughs again.

            I know that I’m on the verge of tears after hearing what Yuto has said. Does Chii-chan dislike me that much? But I wonder why heart doesn’t feel hurt although my self is grieving. “I-Is that true? He said like that?” My whole body is trembling with grief. Am I losing all my hopes now, I ask myself that question.

            He laughs over and over again. “No, that’s not true! I’m just kidding.” My eyes are wide open. He… WHAT?! “Yuto! You’re just… AWFULLY TERRIBLE!! Don’t kid with me and seriously, it’s not funny!” My body trembles with rage. Remembering how annoying he is, quickly I stride away. And of course, he’s still following me.

            “Hey, hey… What’s wrong? Are you mad?” I feel like I want to laugh with his eyes squinting straight at me. Seriously, he looks so cute. I try not to look at him and keep pouting. “Sorry, Ryouko. I didn’t mean to annoy you that much.” My tongue is stuck out. “I’m not going to forgive you.”

            “Ryoukooooooo~!” Urghh… He’s whining again. “Fine, but with one condition.”  This is my chance to make sure of something, something that I want to know for ages. Suddenly a smile lit up his face, “Really? What is it?” He seems to be quite content.

 

 

-Yuto’s POV-

            I’m freaking out, waiting for her answer. Then, I can see a mischievous gleam lit up her eyes, “I want you to ask Chii-chan about his ideal types of girl.” What?!! I widen my eyes with a startled expression. “Eeeeeh? Why should I? I don’t want, Ryouko~!” I can’t imagine that she would ask me to do that kind of thing.

            “Then, don’t talk with me anymore.” Oh dear, she makes it sounds so simple. She walks away, leaving me in a quandary. Quickly I grab her arm. “Wait, don’t go.” She looks at me with an awfully mischievous grin. Ahh! She makes me feel bad. “O-Okay. I’ll do it.”

            “Yay! You’re the best!” She cheers with joy and unexpectedly she hugs me. I stand still and frozen. I feel completely stunned. After she left, I can still feel my heart is skipping a beat. If she knows my feelings… I let out a sigh of depression.

-End of Yuto’s POV-

 

 

            I come close to Yuto. I don’t know why but when I greet him, he looks so clumsy and quite shy. I find his eccentricities are amusing. “Whoa, whoa. What’s wrong with you? And why is your face looks so red? Are you sick, Yuto?” Quickly I put my palm on his forehead because I feel so worried. Frankly speaking, I don’t know why I’ve this kind of feeling.

            I feel strike dumb with surprise when he’s parrying my hand. By looking at his face expression, I know that he doesn’t believe what he did just now. “Yuto! What’s wrong with you? Your conduct is unusual. Somehow, you’ve changed…” My voice sounds flat. Somehow, I’m feeling a little ache in my heart when he reacts like that.

            He is averting his eyes from looking at me, “Gomenne. I don’t know why I’m acting like this. Maybe it’s a shocking that you all of a sudden touch my forehead.” I take a deep breath, trying to forget the pain in my heart. “It’s okay. Hey, Yuto!” I try to act cheerful and give him a sweet smile. Yuto seems to be wondering my purpose of calling his name, “Nani, nani?”

            I laugh. “Have you asked him yet?” My eyes are focused on him. “Ask what? And whom?” He simply asks me back like he doesn’t know anything. That makes me feel annoyed and slap his back quite hard. “Ouch! It’s hurt, Ryouko~” He’s murmuring in pain. I give him an annoying smirk and say, “Serves you right. How dare you pretend to forget what I’ve asked you to do? Yuto baka!”

            He whines, “Ryoukooooooo~ I’m not forgetting it. I was joking just now…” He gives me a ‘plastic’ sad expression and I stick out my tongue, giving him the sign of ‘Like I care~’! I laugh again before saying, “Hai, hai~ I’m sorry for slapping your back quite hard. Gomenne.” I bow. He smiles broadly while nodding like an obedient child. “Un! You’re forgiven.”

            I take a sit beside him, “Okay, let’s back to our main topic. Have you asked him?” I’m wondering why is he looking uneasy with my question? “Urm.. I didn’t ask him yet. Maybe next time, when I have the chance to ask him.” He’s looking away. “Okay.” I reply, shortly. Then, we both look at the azure sky before going back to our class.

 

 

-Yuri’s POV-

            I am about to going home when Yuto says that he wants to meet me for a while. I leave my bag and quickly meet him outside. “What is it, Yuu-chan?” I ask him. He looks guilty and I don’t know why. He asks me back, “Ano, Chinen… Can I ask you something?” I nod my head and smile, “Sure, what is it?” I look at him, scratching his head and I feel freaking out for what he would ask me.

            “I hope you don’t mind if I ask you this kind of embarrassing question. I-I actually… want to k-know about your i-ideal types of girl.” His cheeks turn reddish as the strawberries. I laugh because he’s acting sooooo cute. “My ideal types of girl? What kind of question is that, Yuu-chan?” I laugh again. “You’re asking me that question like you’re a girl.” Yuto is SO cute!

            He acts clumsy again, “Eh? Eh? I-It’s not like that!” His cheeks become redden and redden. “Okay, never mind. Let’s back to the question. My ideal types of girl ne?” He nods and I’m thinking what I should answer. “For me, I want a girl who can do physical activities or at least she’s energetic, has the same height as me, someone who understands my job and always cheers on me, she’s fun to be with, has a gentle voice because I would be happy when listening to her voice and I want a girl who has black hair, maybe as long as Takaki-senpai’s. And yeah. She can give off a girlish feel rather than a gal-ish feel.” I feel like there’s spring in my heart when I’m thinking about her, someone that has steal my heart.

            I look at Yuto who stays silent and being in trance. “Hello, hello~” I wave my hand in front of his face. He seems shock. He probably had his mind wandered elsewhere. That’s why he’s feeling shocked like that. “Did you hear what I’ve said just now, Yuu-chan?”

“Eh… Etto… I heard you.” He remains silent before resuming his words nervously, “I-If someone confesses to you, w-will you accept her confession?” I look at him with the feeling of shock. I’ve never thought that he would ask me that question, “I-I actually-“ Before I’m able to answer, Yuto has already cut in my words, “Chinen, I’ll get going now. See you later~” He waves at me and walks away. I wave my hand back to him with a bland smile while whispering in the wind, “I can’t accept anyone’s confession because someone has owned my heart already…” A deep sigh is let out.

-End of Yuri’s POV-

 

 

The next day…

 

            I’m walking in the streets, making my way to the public library. I’ve made a promise with my best friend, Yuto to study together today. Well, I asked him to tutor me in my studies since he’s cleverer than me. I smile alone especially when I remember his promise to tell me about Chii-chan. Uwaaah~! I can’t wait to know!

            When I’m busy thinking about those things, I by accident knock into somebody who’s walking in the different direction from me. My self and the things that I bought are flung onto the ground. Ittai~ It’s hurt. I sweep my palms that are covered with sand and my eyes see something on my left palm. BLOOD! That’s why it hurts so much.

            “Daijoubu desuka?” I think I recognize this voice. I raise my face and stare at that person with shock. W-What is he doing here? I look at a girl beside him. Who’s that girl? They seem close especially when they’re holding each other’s hand. My heart broke when I see this. What relation does she have with him? I almost get mad.

            I stare at them with confusion and frustration. My heart is HURT so much. My chest is abnormally full of aches. And I know that my heart is now shattered. “Ryouko-chan, daijoubu desuka?” He asks me again. D-Doue? Why did you ask me that silly question? My heart is hurt by you and how can you ask me that question? You’re despicable! Kimi wa hontouni warui desu!

            I bow my head down, not daring to meet their eyes. I know that I’m on the verge of tears but I try to choke back the tears. Dear tears, please don’t fall down even for a droplet. Please don’t. I try to search for some strength to speak, “I-I’m okay... Chii-chan.”

I glance at them and see a smile on his face. Why do you smile? Do you have the intention to hurt me much more with that smile? You’ve killed my heart. “Hontouni? Yokatta desu~!” He sounds cheerful. Are you happy now that you’ve successfully hurt my feelings and heart? I look at him with the teary eyes and try to fake a smile with force. “I’ve never thought that I would meet you today, Ryouko-chan.” He says with his right hand is wrapped around that girl’s waist. I’m trying to act casually, “M-Me too. Hmm… Ano, who’s this girl? Don’t you want to introduce her to me?” Ryouko, are you a dumbo? Why are you asking him that? Do you want to break your heart for even more?

He looks at that girl with a broad smile and that girl gives him a very sweet smile back before he looks back at me, “She? This is Ishida Aika, my-” Before he could finish his words, I cut in with a soft laugh, “Your girlfriend?” My heart has been tearing apart when he nods his head with a smile. “Sou ka… But you’ve never told me that you’ve a girlfriend!” I don’t understand why I’m being like this.

His face turns red. Only God knows how I feel. He’s so cute. “I feel shy to tell anyone. I tell to only certain people about my girlfriend. Gomenne.” Chii-chan? Why do you have to care for your feelings only? Why don’t you care about my feelings too? After meeting you like this, I feel like I’ve been lied and stupefied for ages. I touch my chest as I feel the pain. “It’s okay.” I can’t be here anymore or else my tears will fall down. “Chii-chan, I’ve to go now. I’ve made a promise to meet Yuto at the library. We’ll talk again later. A-Aika-chan, it’s nice meeting you. Jaa ne~” I waves at them and walk briskly. I don’t want to hear anything. No more. I’ve heard enough!!

I don’t have the mood to go to the library or to go home. I just walk randomly on the streets, going to anywhere that my legs take me. At last, my tears fall down droplet by droplet. Chii-chan, thanks a lot for these pains in my heart.

 

 

-Yuto’s POV-

            I look at the watch on my wrist. Where’s Ryouko? This is one hour late from our promised time. But now, she has never showed her face? I get fidgety, waiting for her arrival. I dial her number over and over again but she doesn’t pick my phone. I’ve sent her a few messages but yes, she doesn’t reply any of my messages. God, what’s happening to her? The feeling of worried for her safety is now taken control of my own self. I hope nothing happen to her.

 

Ryouko, where have you been?

Call me back, ASAP!

 

I dial her number again because I’m worried.

Tut Tut Tut

I let out a sigh of disappointment. She’s still not answering. Ryoukoooooo~! Why can’t you answer my call? I’m damn worried of you!

-End of Yuto’s POV-

 

 

            My cell phone keeps ringing but I just take a look at it. I don’t have the mood to answer his calls or to reply his messages. I don’t know why I feel angry towards him although I don’t know what he did wrong with me. I just think that he has lied to me. He, how dare he doesn’t tell me that Chii-chan already has a girlfriend? Isn’t he’s a close friend of Chii-chan? How can he not know anything, right?

 

30 missed calls from Yutorin.

10 unread messages from Yutorin.

 

            I keep sitting still and frozen on a big rock at the beach. I keep being in a trance without having any intention to answer the calls. I want to be alone right now. No one can cure my sorrow and disappointment. I throw the pebbles into the sea to lessen my sadness while my hand keeps wiping the fallen tears. This is so hurtful but it is much more painful when I think that Yuto has lied to me about Chii-chan’s status.

            My tears won’t stop. I have to do something. Slowly I stand up and start to cry and yell loudly… “CHINEN.YURI.I.HATE.YOU!!” I take a deep breath before muttering, “I have loved you….” Quickly I wipe the fallen tears. I don’t want to remember anymore this pain.

NAKAJIMA.YUTO!!!” I don’t know why I’m smiling but I know that feeling is still there in my heart. Is it…. Arghh! Whatever~! Quickly I make my way home.

 

 

At my residence…

 

I see Yuto is standing and leaning at my gate with his head is lowered down. I wonder what is he doing here? As I’m getting near him, he lifts up his face and looks at me, “Ryouko…” I’m acting like nothing happen but frankly speaking, my heart is beating like mad. Why am I feeling like this?

            Before I could enter the gate, my arm has been grabbed from behind. I look back with a questioning look on his act, “Nani?” Slowly he’s letting go of my arm. “Gomenne…” I take a deep, long breath to calm down my chaotic feelings. “What do you want from me?”

            “Why didn’t you meet me at the library as promised? And from where were you? You didn’t even answer my calls and reply my messages. And now why are you feeling angry and annoyed of me?” Erk? What the heck with him? I ask him and how dare he asks me back with questions.

            “Why are you asking me back? I have asked you first, right?” I wrap my arms around me. It’s cold and I’m shivering. “Ryouko, don’t change the topic! You know why I’m here and stop acting stupid!!” I’m hushed when hearing his loud voice and suddenly I burst into tears. He looks so dumbfounded and confused of why I am crying. “Eeh… Eeh… Ryouko? W-Why are you crying? D-Did I hurt your feelings by yelling at you just now?” I shake my head for times and I try to avoid his gaze. “Then, why are you crying?” He asks in a velvety voice.

            “Yuto… liar.” I mumble to myself and surprisingly, he hears what I’ve mumbled. “I’m what?” I meet his stare and I feel nervous, “I said you’re a LIAR! Are you satisfied now?” I say indelicately and I can see his surprised reaction. “Why are you saying like that, Ryouko?” He tries to reach my hand but I move quickly to the side to one side so he couldn’t reach me. No matter how many times I wipe my tears but they won’t stop flowing.

            “Why don’t you tell me that Chii-chan already has a girlfriend? Why aren’t you being true to me? Why must you lie to me? Why must you hurt my feelings? Why are you doing this? There’s a pain in my heart after knowing and seeing how lovey-dovey they were back then… And the pain is getting worse when thinking that you’re not being true to me. Do you ever realized that both of you have killed my heart. You both have given me this excruciating pain! Damn it’s hurt!!” I touch my chest because I feel the pain.

C-Chinen has a girlfriend already? R-Ryouko, frankly speaking, I don’t know about that… Believe me that I don’t know.” There’s a depression in his eyes, and I just know that both of us couldn’t stand in the strained atmosphere. It’s so suffocating!

            “YOU LIE! LIE! LIE! I HA-” I’m hushed when he wraps his arms around my waist. I am really, really, really startled. I can feel his warm breath at my right ear and he whispers, “Ryouko, I’m speaking the truth. I’ve never lied to you because… I LOVE YOU!”

            He… WHAT?!!!! He looks at me with a very sweet smile. I just can’t say anything because I’m speechless. I’ve lost my words right after hearing his sudden confession. “Ryouko, I love you. I really, really love you since the first I met you.” I’ve never thought that all these while he could carry a torch for me. I’ve never realized about his true feelings towards me.

My heart thuds so much when his face comes near to mine. His lips are coming nearer and nearer to my lips and… PANGG!!! I slapped his left cheek. He touches his cheek which is feeling hurt due to the slap and his eyes are wide open with the feeling of disbelieve for what I’ve done. “Yuto wa baka desu! Baka! Baka! And I hate a ert boy like you!!!” I cry loudly in anger and sadness.

Ryouko, listen to me.” He tries to hug me but I push him over. “There’s no explanation. I don’t want to listen to you! I hate you! I don’t want to see you ever again and don’t show yourself in front of me!! BE GONE FOREVER!!!” Quickly I dash into my house and close the door hardly, leaving him outside with the injured heart.

I’m sat behind the door and the tears well up in my eyes.

 

 

A few days past…

 

            After that incident, Yuto and I ain’t being close anymore. We’re acting like we don’t know each other. I don’t talk with him and he doesn’t talk to me. When we bump into each other, he would quickly walk away and I just feel like he’s avoiding me. Eeeh! Matte!! I’m the one who asked him to not showing himself in front of me, right? Sou ka na~ He’s doing what I’ve asked him.

            I let out a sigh of depression. I feel kinda sad and lonely without him by my side like always. Frankly speaking, he’s the one who has cheered up my days all these while. I said I hate him but far beneath the surface, I love him. I really do. I just realized my true feelings after losing him. And I just realized that my love for Chii-chan back then is just a puppy love. Why am I being so blind and stupid until I didn’t realize that there’s already an invaluable star in front of me? Aa~ Watashi wa hontouni baka desu!! I knock my head with my hand, regretting my stupidity.

Right now I’m thinking of ways to be close with him again. I’ve no idea how. I sigh again. This is sooooooo confusing! God, help me! Anyone also, help me! Onegai~

In the classroom, I stare at him when our teacher is teaching in front. I don’t pay any attention or listen to what my teacher taught. My eyes can’t stop staring at him. “Doesn’t he miss me?” I mumble to myself. Unexpectedly, he looks back at me, maybe it’s because he can feel that there’s someone is staring at him. Quickly I turn my head towards the teacher, pretending to be concentrated. I feel ashamed of him...

Ryoukooooo~! Since when did you start to become so shy and timid?????

            A few moments later, the bell rang, indicating that today’s classes are over. I pack all of my belongings with the feeling of not spirited. I miss my past times when I was still with him. I really do!! Then, I see him is rushing out of class and that really attracts my attention. I wondered why… In a hurry, I follow him from behind.

 

 

-Yuto’s POV-

            I’m really in a hurry now. Today is the day which she will come to visit me. Ahh~ I can’t wait to see her again!! At least, by spending times with her can cure my heart which is hurt by Ryouko. Speaking of Ryouko, I find that she was acting so weird today. I’ve been realizing that she was staring at me all the times today. She was not like this before. Forget it! Maybe I’m the one who’s being delusional… She won’t think about me… right? I let out a sigh of sadness.

            When I reach the train station, I search for someone that I’m searching for. I wander around until I can find her at last. She’s looking back at me with a cute smile. “Hey, Yuu-chan!” We shake hands and I hug her for a few seconds. I smile at her back, “Hisashiburi desu ne~!”

            “Un!” She nods her head. “How are your parents and Raiya? Are they fine?”

            “Karera wa daijoubu desu.” I say while smiling at her. “Yuki-chan, you meanie! You didn’t ask me whether I’m fine or not…” My lips are pouted, acting like a sulking small child. She laughs, “Since you’re here in a great condition, I can conclude that you’re fine.” We smiled at each other before she says, “Do you miss me?” I nod my head eagerly, “Mochiron! I miss you a lot!” She embraces me briefly like a small child, “Uwaa~ That’s why I love you, Yuu-chan! Anata wa saikou desu!!!”

Yuto…” There’s a voice behind which is calling for my name sadly. This voice! I know whose voice is this!! Don’t tell me… I look back quickly. Just as I thought!

Ryouko, what are you doing here?” I’m feeling dumbfounded to know that she’s here. I can see droplet by droplet of her tears drip. Her pink lips are trembling, “I-I don’t know what has brought me here… and I just don’t expect that I-I am lied again by you.” After that, she dashes away. I look at Yuki for the understanding and she nods. “I’ll meet you again, Yuki-chan!” She smiled, “Hai, ganbatte ne!” I smiled at her again, “Arigatou!”

-End of Yuto’s POV-

 

 

            I knew it! I just knew it! He’s a liar, forever a liar! I HATE HIM! No matter how many times I wipe my tears, but that doesn’t stop the tears from keeping flowing down my cheeks. Damn this hurt. My heart hurt so much when seeing how close they were just now. Seeing they hugged each other really has broken my heart. How could he not being true to me by telling me that he already has a girlfriend? How could he treat me like this? How could he play with my heart? How could he!!

            I feel like someone just has grabbed my hand from behind. I look behind and say angrily, “What brings you here?” He just looks at me dearly before wrapping his arms around my waist, “You.” He mutters one word to answer my question. Enough! I’ve heard enough!! I’m struggling to free myself from being embraced. I hustle his body, “Don’t play with my heart again! And don’t you try to embrace me if the fact is that you already have a girlfriend!!” I don’t know why he’s smiling but I can conclude that as he wants to show that he feels rejoice for being succeed in playing with my heart, “A girlfriend? Aa~ Yes, I do have one.”

            It’s so irksome to hear his saying. He makes it sounds so simple. I know I’m right… He lied to me! “Then, go to her. Don’t be here with me, as your girlfriend needs you more!!” With a broken and the tears that won’t stop falling, I try to walk away. But I can’t. I’m being embraced from behind and he whispers in my ear, “Yes, you right. My girlfriend needs me more… I know the fact that you need me.”

            I am trembling with anger and sadness, “No, I don’t need you.” His embrace is becoming much more tightly, “Yes, you need me… You’re my girlfriend, right?” He frees his embrace and we both look at each other. “W-What are saying about? I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND! That girl at the train station is your girlfriend, NOT ME!” At the same time, my heart throbs.

            He smiled mischievously, “Are you jealous by any chance, Ryouko?” Am I jealous? I am not, right? Then… why am I feeling like this? “H-Hell no! I-I’m not jealous!!” He smirks at me, “Then, why are you answering with a stammer?”

            “B-Because…” I lose my words. He smiled broadly and charmingly before hugging me again, “Uwaa! You’re so cute, Ryouko!” Then, he gives me a warm kiss in my left cheek and that leaves me in completely stunned. “W-Why are you doing that?” He speaks confidently, “Because I love you. Aieru, Ryouko.” And he smiles again. My heart is throbbing much more. And because of that, I try to gainsay, “But you have her… I mean that girl at the train station.”

            He laughs softly, “You mean Yuki-chan? She-” But I already cut in, “I don’t care what her name is but it won’t change the fact that she’s your girlfriend!” I say angrily. He comes near me, too near until our noses are nearly touched, “Listen to me first, Ryouko.” He looks into my eyes and my heart thuds so much. “Yuki-chan is my cousin. My relationship with her is not more than cousins. She assumes me as her brother and so do I. I assume her as my sister since we’re very close like siblings and since I don’t have any sister. There’s only one girl in my heart and that person is YOU! I love you since the first we met and my love for you is getting stronger and stronger every day. Uso janai, Ryouko. Believe me.” I can feel his warm breath on my face.

            I put my arms around his neck while the tears of happiness keep flowing down droplet by droplet. He hugs me back. “I love you too, Yuto. I love you only, not Chii-chan or anyone else. I’ve realized my feelings for you since we were not talking and hanging up like always. I-I just can’t live with you… And I also realize that all I need is you.” I say shyly.

            I try to avoid his gaze after freeing the embrace. He asks me softly while his left hand is my right cheek, “Then, why aren’t you telling me sooner? I was being like mad when you were not talking to me. I wanted to talk to you back then but I was afraid that you might still be angry at me.” My cheeks turn as red as the strawberries, “I feel shy to tell you.”

            “I’m sorry, Yuto for saying bad things to you. I said that I hate you back then but the truth is, I was denying my true feelings and at the same time I was being hypocrite to myself. I’m so stupid, right?” Yuto puts his forefinger on my lips, “Shh… Don’t say like that, dear. Just forget the past and let’s start the new beginning together, okay?” He gives me a warm smile and I give him back a very special smile while nodding my head, “Hai~!”

“Then could I get a kiss now?” He asks me mischievously. My cheeks turn reddish but I’m smiling and nodding my head. I am standing in tiptoe to kiss him and he kisses me gently on my lips quite long while my hair.

I hope our love story will never end today, tomorrow or forever. For the rest of my life, I will love you. Thank God that I’ve found you, Yuto.

 

-THE END-