Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday
Please log in to read the full chapter

donghae was busy making coffee when he heard someone pushing the buttons on the lock on his door. 

he put down the mug he was holding and placed a hand on his hip, waiting for who was going to enter. 

the person walked cautiously into his house looking around before locking eyes with him. 

he was limping and was rubbing his head. 

 

“so, had a good night?” hae asks him. 

 

“i’m sorry babe.” hyukjae, his boyfriend says. “i swear i was about to text back but i passed out. and i hit my leg on our coffee table, it hurts so bad.”

 

“yes, i saw.” he frowned, thinking about how upset he was seeing the other’s bubble update. all sprawled out on the couch, wasted. 

 

“well, it seemed like you had fun.” he turned his back to hyukjae and resumed making his  coffee. he was still upset. 

he had sent paragraphs and paragraphs of birthday wishes, and even wrote a short song for his boyfriend. but all he got was bubble notifications that was meant for everybody. 

 

of course he was upset. 

 

but it is still hyuk’s birthday, so he makes another cup of coffee for the hungover man. hyuk was leaning on the counter when he handed him the mug of coffee. 

 

“thanks.” he said. 

 

without answering, he reached over to his teddy bear pill container (given by hyukjae), and took out an aspirin. 

 

“here, this will help.”

 

he can’t stay mad at his boyfriend. even if hyuk does the stupidest things, his first instinct will always be to take care of him and make sure he knows he is loved. 

 

hyuk looks at the pill, takes it, and mumbles a thank you. he swallows the pill and washes it down with coffee. 

 

“i really am sorry.” hyuk says remorsefully, his eyes pleading for forgiveness. 

 

donghae just looks at him, sighs, and touches his boyfriend’s hand. “i know. it’s okay, i forgive you.”

 

they smile softly at each other and proceeded to drink their coffee in peace. 

 

-

 

“oh, my head.” hyukjae complains. “where are you taking me? babe, i am dying here.” 

 

“it’s not my fault you drank till you passed out.” donghae said rolling his eyes. “you need some sunlight and some fresh air.”

 

“well the sunlight and fresh air are making my hangover worse. god, my head is going to explode.”

 

“stop being dramatic.”

 

“dramatic?? me??” hyuk pulls donghae back by his hand. “i saw your instagram story and I’M the one being dramatic?” 

 

donghae blushed. he was being dramatic at that time but he was just being petty because he wanted hyukjae all to himself, but respected the fact that he had his family and his other friends. 

 

“i can buy myself flowers~” hyukjae teased. 

 

“SHUT UP.” donghae pulled away and continued walking to their destination. 

 

he could hear hyukjae laughing hard behind him and blushed even harder. 

 

“we’re here.”

 

hyukjae stopped chuckling and looked at the chic cafe in front of them. 

 

“a cafe? really?” he asked. “i thought we were going to somewhere romantic and cheesy and—“

 

“are you coming in or not?”

 

“yes maam.”

 

once they were inside the small cafe, hyukjae inhaled the cool air of the air conditioner. he sweated a lot during their long walk. he could never understand why his boyfriend always insisted to park somewhere far away. damn him and his obsession with physical activity. 

 

they found a nice place near the window to sit on. the sunlight hit them directly but it didnt seem to bother donghae. 

 

the younger man was flipping through the menu, looking for a nice light lunch and some coffee to pair them with. 

 

hyukjae took this time to look at his boyfriend and appreciate his beauty. with the sun shining bright outside, donghae was glowing and his eyes reflected the light so perfectly. he found himself staring at donghae’s lips, which were shiny from the lipbalm he always put on. 

 

“do you want an egg sandwi—mppfftt”

 

hyukjae had leaned over and kissed donghae while he was in the middle of talking. the lip balm tasted like strawberries, but donghae tasted better. 

 

“i was Talking.” donghae pouted. 

 

 

“yes and you were so cute i had to do it.”

 

donghae huffed and decided that he’ll just order for the both of them. he decided on an egg sandwich and a BLT for hyukjae. 

 

he also ordered an iced americano for himself and an iced vanilla latte for hyukjae. 

 

as they waited for their orders to arrive, they both scrolled through their phones, checking their social media accounts. 

donghae was on instagram while hyukjae was looking through all the birthday wishes he had received on bubble. 

 

his heart was so full and he realized he was smiling. 

 

glancing over at donghae he smiled even more. he exited the app and opened his camera and discreetly took a picture of his boyfriend. maybe two. maybe three. maybe a whole bunch of pictures of the same angle. 

 

“what are you doing” donghae asked, eyes still on his phone. 

 

“just taking a picture of the love of my life.”

 

donghae wasn’t looking at him but he could see his ears turning bright red. he chuckled and pulled on his ear which were warm to the touch. 

 

“aigo my jagiya.” he cooed. “you don’t believe me?”

 

“no.”

 

hyukjae tsked and leaned in to give multiple smooches to donghae’s cheek until the other was giggling and leaning away from him. 

 

“stoppp we’re in public, pabo.”

 

“oh, but i thought you loved it when people watched?” his tone had turned low and dark and primal. he le

Please log in to read the full chapter