A Stormy Night

My Safe Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was so exhausted from work that she slept like a rock, until the loud crack of thunder woke her up. Not like a jolt, but just enough that she could hear the heavy rain on the window- calming, and it was lulling her back to sleep when a flick of light could be seen behind her eyelids and a rumble of thunder was heard. Accompanying those terrifying sounds was a sqeak and quiet cry coming from her lover.

That alerted Dahyun as her eyes shot open, and turned her head to look at her girlfriend. And there she was, curled into a ball, shaking in fear, as she heard sniffles. She knew Sana was crying, her baby hated thunderstorms- the loud booms of thunder scare her. Dahyun mentally slapped herself for not waking up anytime sooner. 

Just as she was about to reach out and hug Sana, lightning sprawled across the night sky and Sana shoot her hands over her ears for the incoming thunder- which were louder than ever. It vibrated their small home. Dahyun shot up from the bed and closed the blinds, trying her best to cover any light, any signs of lightning.

She could hear Sana sobbing and it hurt her.

As she made her way quickly to the bed, she saw the time in bold, red, letter- 3:30 A.M.

As she climbed back into bed, she pulled Sana into a warm embrace, making sure there was no room between them. The japanese gripped onto her night shirt as she continued to cry into the korean's chest. Dahyun did her best to soothe her, one hand slowly making patterns on her back, the other in her hair giving her loving scratches on her scalp.

But Dahyun knew that wasn't enough. There was still some light coming through the blinds, and when she saw a flash, she moved her hands to cup and cover her girlfriend's ears,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter