Inceptive

ABCs of ElVin

Eli had always believed he was incapable of love. After 17 years, he hadn't even considered going out with anyone, or falling in love. All that seemed out of reach for him, as he always thought that he had been born without the capacity to love someone like his mother and father loved each other. That is, until he met Kevin. 

Eli didn't automatically fall in love, no, it was more subtle than that. Gradually, Eli's mind had begin to fill with only Kevin. His smile, laugh, and innocent personality, suddenly his every thought revolved around Kevin.

He enjoyed what Kevin made him feel, the fact his heart beat elevated, and butterflies erupted in his stomach. It all made Eli feel giddy for some strange reason. With his mind flooded with Kevin, Eli found it hard to sleep properly, like the images of Kevin his mind dug up were better than any dream it could possibly conjure.

It was then that Eli began to reconsider, Eli thought that maybe, he was falling in love. At first, it hadn't made sense, loving another man, but as he came to terms with it, he began to pick up on little signs from Kevin. The flirtatious glances, gentle touches, everything clicked.

It was the start of their relationship.
Eli didn't have to hide his feelings any longer, and with that, he asked Kevin on a date. At first, their movements together were shy and hesitant, unfamiliar with the feeling of being alone together. The intimate atmosphere of the restaurant wasn't helping with their feelings of nervousness, either. With perpetual blushes, dinner finished and they began their walk down the street to the movie theater for a classic first date.

Their hands bumped together, and with rushed apologies, they stepped further apart with their cheeks burning even more fiercely. But, they wandered back close together and their hands bumped together once again. With shaking hands, Eli reached out to grab Kevin's slender hand, cold from the winter chill. Kevin made a strange noise, looking up at Eli with his big brown eyes and cherry red cheeks. It almost killed Eli.

Slowly, Kevin smiled up at Eli, leaning ever so slightly into Eli's shoulder. All too soon, they arrived at the theater where Eli paid for their tickets, and argued over who would pay for popcorn. After Kevin handed the money in exchange for the popcorn and sweet candy, they made their way into the theater.

Although the movie had been advertised as action, there was an underlying romantic plot. Eli watched with interest, studying their love and trying to apply it to Kevin. And, suddenly all those love stories that never held much stock with him all made sense. It was like a light had suddenly been in Eli's mind.

"Ahh~!" Kevin stood up to stretch as the credits rolled, "That was a good movie, don't you think so, Eli?"

"Mm, ne..." Eli stood distractedly, still dazed from his realization. "I liked it..."

"Ah, Eli!" Kevin grabbed tightly to the slightly older boy's arm, pulling him back, "Watch where you're going!" Eli blinked as he came back to reality after almost running into a group of tables and people.

"Ah, sorry..." He bowed slightly and Kevin scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Eli...gwenchanayo?" The hand holding his arm slide down into Eli's hand and squeezed in concern.

"Kevin...we should get home quickly, I have to talk to you."

"Eli, what?"

"We'll go to my apartment, there's really no one there."

"Okay..." Kevin followed, mind buzzing with concern for his pigeon who was acting strangely.

...

When they got to his apartment, Eli just got more fidgety and nervous, "Kevin..." Eli started, at a severe loss for words.

"Yes, Eli..."

"When...when I met you, at first I was indifferent, to everyone, really. But...as time went passed, I found myself thinking about you more and more. It was the start of...of myself falling in love."

"Eli? What do you mean?" Kevin asked, having not understood most of Eli's speech due to Eli's incredibly fast talking.

"I...I might be in love with you."

Kevin's heart jumped into his throat, and he had to catch his breath before he spoke, "We've-" he tried to laugh, "We've only been on one date, Eli..." he didn't want to seem excited just in case this was some sort if cruel joke. And even if he didn't think Eli capable of that sort of thing, he wasn't going to take any chances.

"I know, I know...but this has been a long time coming, Kevin. We've known each other for over a year, and I was slowly falling since the beginning. If...if you don't feel the same, then...then just say so, or leave, or whatever." Eli finished, looking down at his shoes.

Kevin didn't move an inch, or open his mouth. After a few moments in the strained silence, Eli lifted his eyes to Kevin's shyly. Seeming to be what Kevin had been waiting for, he smiled brightly, earning a weak smile from Eli, and stepped closer. As soon as their proximity would allow, Kevin pressed his lips to Eli's softly, stunning the nervous and sweaty boy.

"Kevin-" Eli protested, but was hushed by Kevin's lips once again.

Finally catching on, Eli sank into the kiss, wrapping his arms tightly around Kevin's waist.

 

Ah, Inceptive means the beginning or start of something basically, for thsoe who didn't know...

^-^

These are so cute...I was called a 'fluff expert'. I'm trying to live up to that title, promise. >.<

Heheh Have fun and I hope you enjoyed reading.