Ep. 14: Sana Needs a Partner

Love is Blind...But Their Friends Aren't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, and Jihyo were gathered together in Nayeon's cozy living room. Nayeon was sitting on the couch with a book in her hand, occasionally glancing up to look at her friends. Jeongyeon was sprawled out on the floor, working on a crossword puzzle. Momo was sitting in a corner, tapping away on her laptop. Sana was curled up in a chair, scrolling through her phone, and Jihyo was sitting at a desk, scribbling away in a journal.

The room was filled with a comfortable silence, each girl engrossed in their own activities. After a few minutes, Nayeon looked up from her book and spoke up.

"Hey, guys, what do you think we should do today?" she asked, breaking the silence.

Jeongyeon looked up from her crossword puzzle. "I don't know, what do you feel like doing?" she replied, turning to look at Nayeon.

Nayeon thought for a moment before responding, "I don't know... something fun and weird, maybe? But I'm not sure what exactly."

Momo looked up from her laptop, intrigued. "Fun and weird? Like what?" she asked.

Nayeon shrugged. "I don't know, maybe we could do a scavenger hunt or something. Or play a board game with weird rules. Or try to cook something we've never tried before," she suggested.

As Nayeon and Momo continued to brainstorm ideas, Sana spoke up. "Actually, guys, I need your help with something," she said, looking a bit nervous.

Everyone turned to look at her, and Jihyo asked, "What is it, Sana?"

"It's about the Musical Theatre audition coming up. I need to think of a piece and re-enact it, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something," Sana explained, looking hopeful that her friends could help her.

Nayeon's eyes lit up. "Oh, that sounds like fun! We can help you with that," she said, setting aside her book.

Jeongyeon nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we could each come up with a few ideas and then vote on the best one," she suggested.

Momo chimed in, "And we can help you practice and give feedback."

 

Nayeon suggested a scene from "Romeo and Juliet", with Sana playing Juliet and one of them playing Romeo. Jeongyeon thought of a scene from "The Phantom of the Opera", with Sana playing Christine and one of them playing the Phantom. Momo suggested a scene from "Les Misérables", with Sana playing Eponine and one of them playing Marius. Jihyo suggested a scene from "Wicked", with Sana playing Elphaba and one of them playing Glinda.

However, things quickly took a turn for the awkward and funny. Nayeon began reciting her lines, but her delivery was stiff and robotic. Sana couldn't help but giggle at her friend's awkwardness, which only made Nayeon more nervous.

"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" Sana recited dramatically, trying to keep a straight face.

Nayeon stumbled over her lines, trying to remember the right words. "Um, uh, here I am, Juliet. Uh, what light through yonder window breaks?" she said, sounding more confused than romantic.

Sana burst out laughing at Nayeon's delivery, and the other girls joined in. "Okay, okay, let's start over," Nayeon said, trying to compose herself.

Sana and Nayeon tried again with another scene from Romeo and Juliet, but it was no use. They couldn't take themselves seriously and kept cracking up at each other's attempts at being romantic.

Finally, they both gave up and collapsed onto the couch, still giggling. "I don't think Shakespeare was meant for us," Sana said, wiping away tears of laughter.

 

Sana and Jeongyeon stood up and began to act out the scene. Jeongyeon dramatically entered the room, pretending to be the Phantom, while Sana played the role of Christine.

"All I Ask of You" was the song they decided to perform, and Sana began to sing her lines. However, her nervousness got the best of her, and her voice was shaky.

Jeongyeon tried to salvage the situation by singing her lines with more gusto, but it only made the scene more awkward. They both stumbled over their lines, and their attempts at being dramatic were more comical than anything else.

After a few moments of trying to power through, they both burst out laughing, unable to take the scene seriously anymore. "Okay, that was a disaster," Jeongyeon said, wiping away tears of laughter.

 

Sana and Momo settled on a scene from "Les Misérables" where Eponine confesses her love for Marius. Sana took on the role of Eponine, while Momo played Marius.

Sana started, "Marius, I don't know how to say this, but I've loved you since the first day I saw you."

Momo looked a bit uncomfortable, but he tried to play along. "Eponine, you're a good friend, but I don't feel the same way."

Sana continued with a pained expression on her face, "But Marius, I would do anything for you. I've always been there for you."

Momo tried to console her, "I know, Eponine. And I'm grateful for that. But my heart belongs to someone else."

At this point, the tension in the room broke as Sana and Momo burst out laughing. "Okay, okay, we can't do this seriously," Sana said, wiping away her tears of laughter.

Momo agreed, "It was fine, but the chemistry is not there."

 

Sana and Jihyo decided to act out the scene from "Popular" in Wicked, where Glinda tries to teach Elphaba how to be popular. Sana took on the role of Elphaba while Jihyo played Glinda.

Jihyo began singing, "Whenever I see someone less fortunate than I, and let's face it, who isn't, less fortunate than I!" while doing a little dance.

Sana tried to follow along, but her movements were awkward and uncoordinated. "Uh, Galinda, I'm not sure I'm doing this right," she said, stumbling over her lines.

Jihyo tried to encourage her friend. "Oh, Elphaba, you just need to loosen up! Like this," she said, demonstrating another dance move.

Sana attempted to copy her friend, but she ended up tripping over her own feet and falling onto the couch.

The whole group burst out laughing at the sight, and Sana joined in despite feeling embarrassed. "Okay, okay, maybe we should try something else," she suggested between giggles.

Nayeon chimed in, "You know, Sana, maybe it's a good idea to separate an acting scene and a musical scene. It doesn't have to be both, especially if it's making you nervous."

Sana nodded, "You're right, Nayeon. Maybe I can focus on just one scene for now."

Jeongyeon added, "And it doesn't even have to be from a musical. You can choose any scene you want."

Jihyo suggested, "Actually, why don't you prepare one song and one acting scene instead? That way, you can show your range as an actress and a singer."

Sana thought about it for a moment before smiling. "That's a great idea, Jihyo! Thank you all for your help."

Momo laughed and said, "I don't think I really helped."

After the laughter died down, the girls sat together and brainstormed popular scenes from romantic movies that Sana could use for her audition.

Sana thought for a moment before speaking up, "How about the scene from 'Definitely, Maybe' where Ryan Reynolds' character is practicing how to propose to his girlfriend?"

The other members nodded in agreement. "That's a great idea, Sana," Jeongyeon said.

Momo added, "I love that movie! The proposal scene is so sweet."

Nayeon chimed in, "And it's not a musical, so you can focus on your acting skills."

 

Dahyun had just sat down with her lunch in front of the television when she heard the familiar buzz of her phone. She looked at the screen and saw a message from Sana.

"Hey, where are you?" it read.

Dahyun quickly typed back a response. "Just at home, eating lunch. Why? What's up?"

Sana's reply was almost immediate. "Can you meet me at the park in 20 minutes? I have something I need to talk to you about."

Dahyun felt a pang of concern. Sana sounded serious. "Sure, I'll be there," she typed back.

Dahyun finished her lunch quickly, feeling a bit anxious about what Sana needed to talk to her about. She walked towards the kitchen sink to wash the plate, her mind racing with various possibilities.

As she scrubbed the plate clean, she tried to calm herself down. Maybe Sana just wanted to hang out or talk about something trivial. There was no point in worrying until she knew more.

Dahyun was just about to leave the house when she heard the sound of the front door opening. She turned to see her father walking in, looking tired and a bit disheveled. It seemed like he had gone somewhere, but she didn't ask where.

Dahyun tried to ignore the knot in her stomach as she walked past him towards the door. But as she reached for the handle, her father spoke up.

"Where are you going, Dahyun?"

Dahyun turned to face him, her heart pounding in her chest. She didn't know why, but she never felt at peace around her dad. "I'm meeting Sana at the park," she replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

Her father furrowed his eyebrows. "Sana? Who is that?" he asked.

Dahyun felt a flicker of irritation at her father's ignorance. Sana was her closest friend, and she had mentioned her numerous times before. "She's just a friend, dad," she said, trying to keep her tone neutral.

Her father's expression darkened. "Make sure it stays that way," he said sternly. "I already hate Sunoo enough for having a relationship with a boy. I don't want any more of that in this family."

Dahyun's heart sank at her father's words. She knew he held conservative views, but his hatred towards her brother's uality still stung. She took a deep breath, gathering her courage to speak up.

"Dad, there's nothing wrong with Sunoo being in love with a boy," Dahyun said firmly. "Love is love, and it's not something you can control."

Her father's face contorted in anger. "Don't talk back to me, Dahyun," he said, his voice rising. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Dahyun held her ground, refusing to back down. "I may not understand everything, but I know that Sunoo is happy with him," she said. "And I won't let you make Sunoo feel ashamed for who he is."

"Just go ahead and see your friend, whoever it may be."

 

Mina and Sunghoon were sitting on the couch, fully engrossed in their game on the PS5. The sound of their mother opening the front door caught their attention, and they quickly paused the game.

"Mom's back!" Mina said excitedly.

Sunghoon quickly got up from the couch and ran to the door to help their mother with the bags. Mina followed closely behind him.

Their mother walked in, holding two large bags of takeout food. "Thank you, my babies," she said, smiling gratefully as Sunghoon and Mina took the bags from her hands.

"Did you get our favorite?" Sunghoon asked, peeking inside one of the bags.

"Of course," their mother replied, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Now, let's eat. I'm starving."

Sunghoon chuckled as he carried the bag of food to the kitchen. "Mom, I'm already si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter