chapter 3: the student president

REWIND: A new beginning after the death

Warning: Strong profanity, grammatical and typographical errors ahead.
Mentions of suicide
Please read at your own risk

 

Third person's pov


"Kim Jisoo, your guidance... from this nightmare."

After she introduced herself, she was surprised by a sudden pull on her collar - it was Lisa, burning with anger and hatred.

"So it's you, you are the reason why I ended up in this situation! Why my life has become so ing miserable!" Lisa shouted in rage, refraining to burst into tears. Jisoo stares deeply into Lisa's eyes - there is a trace of anger, fear, and suffering. She somewhat understands Lisa's feelings, so she just allows the girl to vent her emotions.

"How could you play with my life? What did I do to you to torture me like some animals on the street? Of all the people in this trashy world, why it has to be me?!"

Jisoo remained silent and calm, she was sincerely listening to Lisa's words. She felt sorry as she can feel the pain that the lass went through. Although, she knows about it from the beginning. Lisa chose to let go of Jisoo's collar and a tear began to fall on her face. She put her hands on her head as she turns around, crying her heart out. She's in too much pain... she was afraid that this death might have no end, that there is no tomorrow awaiting her.

A few hours passed, and silence encircled the lifeless room. No one wanted to talk or even make a noise. Jisoo noticed that Lisa had no intention to speak, so she let out a deep breath. She turned to the window and place both of her hands on it to lean as she was admiring the beauty of the daylight. Breaking the deafening silence, she raises a question, "How does it feel?"

Lisa chuckled at the sudden query like she was telling Jisoo how stupid she is for asking what was obvious already.

"How does it feel to get played by the hands of others? Just like what you did to those people who trusted you?" Jisoo continued, giving Lisa a cruel gaze. Those questions made the latter struck dumb at her position. Hearing no response, Jisoo started to speak again.

"I'm not the one who turns your life into misery, Lisa. It was you," She said. Lisa was about to say something against it, but Jisoo cut her off immediately by saying, "It was you who wish for it to happen".

Lisa fell silent for a moment, she couldn't figure out what Jisoo wanted to convey, but she doesn't care about it anymore. She only wanted to hear one thing, and that was to return her to her normal life.

"Look - what's your name again? Siju? Jesus? or Jisoos -"

"Jisoo"

"Jisoo or whatever your name is, I don't care. I couldn't even understand what the hell are you blabbering about. I want you to fix this and bring me back to reality. Right away," Lisa said in authority, but the girl in front of her looked unbothered. She sighed in annoyance and began to ask, "Why don't you speak? Didn't you hear me? Are you deaf now?"

"This is the reason why I'm thinking twice to assist. I know what you did to those people you took advantage of despite the kindness they showed to you. Those people who trusted you, treated you well, and learned to love you but what did you do? What did you return for their kindness? You threw them away as if they had no value after you got what you yearned for."

Lisa did not expect Jisoo knows well about her history. She felt creepy and accused Jisoo of invading her privacy but the short girl chuckled at her as if she was not scared of breaking the law.

"I'll make this very quick, Lisa. You cannot escape this curse that the universe has given to you. Remember that wishing well? What did you wish again?"

That was the moment Lisa had finally realize how and when did this happen...

"In every wrong decision I make, give me chances to make it right from the beginning."

She felt her knees weaken as she slowly stepped back. hung open, her hands formed into a fist, and her body was shaken by dread.

"B-but it w-was the old lady who made me wish -"

"But you still did, right? You never really did things right, Lisa." Jisoo shook her head, giving Lisa a pitiful look that made the latter even madder at her.

"Now, if you insist on not needing help, it's fine with me. I can just let you die and suffer on your own. Oh, by the way. Before I go, I must tell you that if you put up with suicide again, you'll die forever." Jisoo said, putting her foot on the window, ready to leave.

"Wait- what?" Lisa hurriedly holds Jisoo's wrist, causing the raven-haired girl to look at her.

"What do you want?"

"So that was the reason you interfere earlier just to stop me from suicide. And you know about this from the very beginning yet you chose to watch seeing me suffer?!"

"I gotta admit that it's gratifying to the eye of the beholder. However, letting you die forever is out of the boundary. My task is to guide you, but if my client doesn't want, her burial is not my concern already."

Lisa fell into silence over again. She doesn't know what to do anymore, 'cause just like Jisoo said, there is no escape from the situation she was in. Even though she wanted to hurt the girl in front of her, she knew violence was not the answer to her problem either. She took a deep breath and let her ego stoop aside. She was planning to ask for help from Jisoo because there was no way someone would help her to this ing curse. On the other hand, Jisoo sensed that the taller girl having a hard time to seek for help.

"Is there anything you need to say? If nothing else, I'm leaving."

"Fine! I need your help. Help me out of this ing situation!... Please..." She said desperately looking into Jisoo's eyes. The raven-haired girl nodded happily as she claps her hands.

"Good. Now, you only need to keep your mouth shut while I'm not done explaining, okay?" Jisoo says as if Lisa was a 7-year-old girl. While the latter was cursing Jisoo under her breath.

"The reason why you keep dying and coming back to life on the same day is that you are still making the wrong decisions in life. That's what you wished, right?"

Lisa was about to protest but Jisoo hush her by giving her a cold glare, so she remained silent.

"How can you get out of this situation? First, figure out what you think was the wrong decision you made and then make it right. Second, stand by your decision because even if you make it through that day, you can still die and go back to the beginning."

Lisa just nodded while listening to the lass. She could not fully imagine that she would be put in a situation where she was between life and death. She doesn't care about the world or what is happening in her life. She doesn't give a about what others will say about her for the reason that she was already pleased living that way. But with what she is going through now, she realized that she is not yet satisfied nor happy with the life she has.

"Third, when will this end? Until you learn and change for the better."

"Hold on- "

"I'm not yet done, Lisa. What did I say again?"

"Keep my mouth shut."

Lisa said in a low tone. Jisoo shook her head in disappointment and continue to explain.

"Lastly, remember that you have to be cautious with all your decisions because if you make a mistake again, within 24 hours you will experience drastic death."

Jisoo explained, as there was seriousness covered her face. Lisa understood what the girl wanted to express. What she is experiencing is not a joke or a dream because it is a real event, a reality that she can never escape.

"I have a question. Do the right decisions include my choosing what to eat and what to buy? My daily activities and such?"

"Nope. Such a thing would not affect your future. No need to worry about small things."

Jisoo glanced at Lisa's alarm clock, it was 6:33 am. She immediately pulled Lisa to the comfort room, pushed the taller girl inside, and closed the door. Lisa was stunned by Jisoo's sudden action.

"Take a bath, you little . You don't want to be late on the first day of school, do you? And while you're bathing, please try to figure out what was the wrong decision you made."

"wait, what do you mean WE? You're not going with me!"

"Oh shut up. I enrolled myself there so I'm coming with you whether you like it or not."

" you, Jisoo!"

Lisa shouted while trying to open the goddamn door but it was locked. She sighed in defeat and think of what the hell was happening to her life. It was a mess before, but surely it's messier now.

******

 

[BVU, 7:20 AM, MONDAY]

 

"Why do you have to enroll in this school just to accompany me?

 

Lisa asked the girl beside her who was amazed by the view in front of her. Yes, BVU is hella big so Lisa can't blame her either

 

"You're mean. I just wanted to enjoy myself while guiding you."

 

Lisa just ignored her as they walk inside the school.

 

"Lisa Manoban!"

 

Lisa stopped walking and looked at Seulgi. The lass waved hands happily at her.

 

"How was your vacation?" Seulgi asked genuinely.

 

"It was fine, I guess? How about you?" Lisa answered back. There was a look of surprise in Seulgi's eyes when Lisa answered her question properly. Who wasn't surprised? When she is used to being thrown away. She also felt Jisoo turning her gaze to Lisa as if she understood the sudden change in the taller girl's treatment of Seulgi. Lisa know it was Seulgi - hurting and pushing her away that day was the wrong decision she did. So, here she is, making it right.

 

"I-it's fine. I enjoyed the whole week in Japan! You should come with me next time!"

 

"It was surely a tiring trip, Kang. Maybe we can go places near this city."

 

Seulgi's mouth went agape. She couldn't believe that Lisa was talking to her casually. She scratch her nape as she scanned Lisa's face, making sure that it was Lisa in front of her.

 

"Damn, what an idiot. Let's go to class or we will be late." Lisa gently pushed Seulgi to start walking but Seulgi stopped, her mind full of questions. So she asked Lisa, "Does this mean, we're friends?"

 

Lisa nodded and told her not to say anything and just starts walking. Seulgi felt happy as she put her arms on Lisa's shoulder. But she notice that there was a short girl behind Lisa. She only saw the girl at this school today. So she thinks that the raven-haired girl is a transferee.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry. I think we left you out," Seulgi said with an apologetic smile. Lisa turned around as she introduced Jisoo to Seulgi, telling her that Jisoo came from America for 10 years and just got transferred here which made the shorter girl try her best to speak in English fluently. On the other hand, the evil Lisa was stopping herself to burst into laughter hearing Jisoo's chaotic English. Although, she was also not good at it.

 

"I'm sorry about my English. I just got out of my mother's womb last month." Lisa chuckled as soon as she heard it. The annoyed Jisoo stepped on Lisa's feet on purpose, which made the taller girl wince in pain.

 

"No, It was fine, Jisoo. You two are weird but I like both of your humor," Seulgi said not knowing what the idiotic duo in front of her had been thinking. After a little chit-chat, they went to their designated classroom. Nevertheless, Jisoo and Lisa are on the same schedule so both of them will have more time to see each other. The idea of it was not pleasuring to Lisa's peace.

 

Jisoo came into the room behind Lisa which made the students stopped from what they were doing. They were gawking at her as if she was the angel that God sent from above. Who doesn't like her? The creation is almost perfect. It seems that the parents worked so hard on the bed that they were able to create beautiful art, a masterpiece you could admire forever.

 

This is the reason why Lisa does not want her and Jisoo to be together because she is sure that when all the students notice Jisoo, the girl will get a lot of attention because of the beauty that she holds. And Lisa is not comfortable with that lifestyle.

 

"Damn, I know that I'm pretty and used to this kind of situation but I think I gotta enjoy my popularity here," Jisoo whispered to Lisa who only shook her head.

 

"Kim, I forgot to ask this. How old are you? Where do you even live?" Lisa asked. They both seat on their respective chair.

 

"I'm 105-year-old, and I came from another universe."

 

"You ing serious with that?"

 

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

 

"But how come?"

 

Jisoo looked around and leaned a little closer to Lisa as she whispered, "That was none of your business."

 

Lisa huffed in annoyance because there were a lot of questions running through her mind and badly wants to get an answer but to respect the decision of the lassie, she shrugged off the thought of it.

 

"Fine, one last question. Does this coming back to life have its limit?"

 

Jisoo shook her head as she waved to the girl on her right side who was flirting with her and then veered around her gaze back to Lisa, "Sadly, no. So you will suffer for long."

 

"That . Suicide is much better than dying several times."

 

"Then why don't you do it then?"

 

"Oh shut up. You know the main reason very well."

 

Jisoo laughed at Lisa's upset face. Suddenly, a loud commotion got their attention. Their classmates somewhat felt excited about what they were talking about. Since curiosity killed Jisoo, she asked the girl who flirt with her earlier.

 

"Oh, they were talking about this one famous student council who apply for two courses at the same time which are architecture and law, and she passed both. But, only architecture she will proceed on because as far as I know, there was a complication to another course."

 

The girl explained as she put a few of her bangs to the back of her ear.

 

"May I know who was that student council?" Jisoo asked as she held the girl's hands. Lisa wanted to puke at the scenery.

 

"Oh, it was Ms. Jennie Kim, the student council President."

 

Jisoo patted gently the head of the girl and kindly thanked her as she gives the handkerchief as a gift. She turned back to Lisa who was giggling non-stop but she chose to ignore it and asked about Jennie Kim.

 

"Who was Jennie Kim? Do you know her"

 

Lisa shook her head in response. Yes, she heard the name Jennie Kim but she have never met the lass. Jennie Kim is pretty famous around this school, not only in school but in all universities as well. How come Lisa never saw her? It's because she doesn't care about Jennie Kim, so as well as Jennie with her. That is when she realizes something.

 

"Jisoo, this Jennie Kim being in the same course with me never happens on the first day of school. How come it changed?"

 

She looked at Jisoo who was thinking deeply.

 

"So accepting Seulgi as your friend was the right decision then?"

 

Lisa was confused so she asked Jisoo to explain it to her because she couldn't even understand every single thing she said.

 

"Since you did the right decision which is accepting Seulgi, the event that happened on the same day changed. I guess this is where you're heading to your new future."

 

Jisoo explained as Lisa's eyebrow lift out of confusion.

 

"And what does that Jennie Kim have to do with it?"

 

She asked Jisoo which made the raven-haired girl smile at her.

 

"That's the question, Lisa. What does Jennie Kim have to do with your future?

 

-------- 

Iyak nalang sa nga hindi makaka-attend sa concert ng bp this march hahaha