melting for you

melting for you
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Chocolate again?” A teasing snicker erupted behind you. 

You didn’t need to turn around to know who it was. Despite this, you peered over your shoulder to show your friend the best eye roll known to humanity. 

Seungkwan laughed, not affected by your sassy response. 

“Why change something that’s already good?” you argued. 

“To be adventurous,” he replied and stepped closer. 

You kept eye contact with him when he neared. The rapid beating of your heart was a dead giveaway of how you’ve grown to like him as more than a friend. 

Seungkwan leaned in as he whispered in your ear, blonde hair tickling your cheek, “Maybe you should try something new with me.”

The sentence was simplistic. It had no foul language and wasn’t alluding to anything inappropriate, yet your brain thought otherwise. Try something new as in cross the friendship line you had drawn in your head? It surely would be an adventure, but you weren’t sure if it would be a delightful one or a dreadful one. Dreadful if the feelings aren’t reciprocated.

Seungkwan’s chuckle broke you from your thoughts. He stepped back, and you inhaled deeply, not noticing how you had held your breath. 

“I’m more comfortable with things I already know,” you mumbled, turning around in hopes he didn’t see how flustered you were. 

“Sorry,” you said to the cashier you ended up ignoring. “Do I pay here?”

The cashier smiled and shook their head. “It’s been paid for already. You can just wait over there until it’s done.”

You furrowed your brows. You definitely did not pay yet. You opened your mouth to protest, but Seungkwan’s voice stopped yours. 

“Can I get a double green tea scoop, please?”

Then you realized. 

It was he who paid for it. It had to be. 

You stared at your friend with accusing eyes as he completed his order. He must have done that when he cornered you earlier. That sly little—

“Scoot over, silly,” Seungkwan said playfully, ignoring your glare and leading you to the side so the next customers could order. 

“You didn’t have to do that,” you huffed. 

Seungkwan shrugged and slipped his wallet back into his pants pocket. 

“You tell me that too many times,” he sighed. 

“That’s because you pay for me too many times,” you explained. 

Seungkwan smiled, grabbing both your ice creams th

Please log in to read the full chapter